Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2020, 07:21 AM   #16
Sanders

One of the things I really miss is the End of Trail SASS Cowboy Action championship that is held about 5 miles from my house, as the crow flies.

I don't compete. I just go to watch some of the shooting, but mainly to visit the factory showrooms set up by Colt, Uberti, Cimmaron, Ruger, etc.. You can handle and finger-bang all their product line in one place. Ruger even has their own little building set up there. Colt used to set up in a big tent, but they didn't show up last time I was there. Uberti and Cimmaron were right next to each other and there were some other custom makers like, Taylor's, showcasing their products that just made me drool uncontrollably. The hotties walking around in their corsets and bustles probably thought I was perving on them.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:41 AM   #17
aviator
unum de multis

Oh heck, don't go cheap: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8flAIYRdB8...Peacemaker.jpg
Old 11-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #18
dinkydow

Pretty....fancy.....

But well out of my price range. THAT is not a shooter it is a safe queen. Not that I don't have some of those....

But damn. Too nice for a dickhead like me to have.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:20 AM   #19
JD Miller
Fake Member

These are real high quality, tight tolerances and fit and finish

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-jxzt...365508.jpg?c=2
Old 11-05-2020, 11:30 AM   #20
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Pretty....fancy.....

But well out of my price range. THAT is not a shooter it is a safe queen. Not that I don't have some of those....

But damn. Too nice for a dickhead like me to have.
That one needs to be framed and not used.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 10:47 PM   #21
dinkydow

I am sniffing on an 1860 Army....open top in 38sp. From Cimarron. Good looking with the much larger grips..over an 1873 SAA.....and manufactured and proofed to use .38 S&W, or .38 special. Cheap to shoot. Easy to clean and the look of an all time favorite open top colt. My Winchester yellow boy is in .38 sp. So....

I had an 1860 Army years ago...Iiked the feel and the looks....but the loading and cleaning of that pistol caused me to sell it to one of the sargents in my platoon at Ft Carson. He had shot the smokewagon while we were on the pistol range....and was going to order one in...so he got mine. I did like the feel of that pistol and how it looked. I even had looked at some originals a gunshop down in the ville had for sale. I decided to buy a reproduction. $$$$$.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #22
JD Miller
Fake Member

1860 conversion

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/18...in-barrel.html

1872 opentop
https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/op...-5-1-2-in.html

Id get a .44 or .45.... lighter

They make a 1873 with a 1860 grip also- Cimarron El Malo... Uberti and Taylor has one too
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:44 PM   #23
dinkydow

I will prob end up with an el malo and the 1872 open top. Its how I usually compromise. My will becomes somewhat...weakened....when I am looking at big boy toys. There is always room under a pillow for another broomstick. You guys know how it is.

I already have a number of revolvers and one rifle that will accept the .38 SP round. Adding another caliber while we are on the brink of civil war....and ammo is now like gold nuggets... well...I have lots of .38 Sp already...so...I am hesitant to add another caliber.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:10 PM   #24
aviator
unum de multis

Damn, I need some .38 but I seldom play with them. I've even given two away (son, mother), still have two more. Older son has my 2" detective special with a pinned barrel in mint condition that I bought when everybody was still using .38's.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #25
JD Miller
Fake Member

Single action revolvers are fun !

and Will kill commies even deader
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:42 AM   #26
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Damn, I need some .38 but I seldom play with them. I've even given two away (son, mother), still have two more. Older son has my 2" detective special with a pinned barrel in mint condition that I bought when everybody was still using .38's.
I have a bunch of brass to reload, but since I don't have a .38 special anymore, everything in .38 is a .357 magnum. And, since I'm reloading, I can load that up as hot or as mild as I want.

For instance, for my Mom's snubby .357 Mag, I was able to load her up some 110 gr. XTP's to .38 Special +P levels. Not much recoil or muzzle flash on those for her, but not impotent rounds, either.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #27
aviator
unum de multis

My mother insists on keeping a piece handy, at her age and physical condition I don't think she has enough strength to even pull the trigger, but if it makes her feel good so be it.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:19 AM   #28
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
My mother insists on keeping a piece handy, at her age and physical condition I don't think she has enough strength to even pull the trigger, but if it makes her feel good so be it.
I wanted to get my mom a Ruger LCR in .22 Magnum. Of course there aren't any for sale anywhere. But I checked one of my FFL's websites, and he can get on a "wishlist" with his suppliers for it. Only problem is that MSRP is $579, and that's what most dealers are asking, I've found.

Try getting a female to take the time to learn a semi-auto pistol like the Beretta Bobcat with a tip up barrel. It is arthritis friendly, but it does require some practice to get used to sweeping the safety off. It is double action and can be carried cocked-and-locked, safety on or hammer down and safety off (but you run in to the heavier trigger pull).
Old 12-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #29
dinkydow

Shit !!!!

Even cowboy guns are sold out and back ordered. Fuck !!

There goes my Christmas gift to myself.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #30
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
Shit !!!!

Even cowboy guns are sold out and back ordered. Fuck !!

There goes my Christmas gift to myself.
You'll shoot your eye out! How about a nice...football, instead?