Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 02-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
dinkydow

Talking New popgun ...

.....arrived today. The Cimarron/Uburti, replica Colt, Navy model, 1872 "open-top" in .38 Special. Nice color case hardening with a brass trigger loop and backstrap. The bbl is 7.5" long and is very nicely blued. Heavy piece. Heavier than I remember....or maybe I am just getting old and weak. A real beauty. Logged in, drooled upon, fondled and secured. An early Birthday gift for myself.... at last a smoke wagon...open top that is not a cap and ball. I am just not a big black powder fan. Love that sleek open top look.

I will post some Images .......

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:07 PM   #2
Solid Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
I will post some Images .......
Old 02-17-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

waiting

Old 02-17-2021, 08:24 PM   #4
dinkydow

I took some pics. I need to upload them to my PC from my sail foam. Prob tomorrow. Fire is going....fuzzbudy snoozed out on my lap...

Now I am waiting to receive the 1872 open-top army. Prob next week....? Showed the Navy model to a buddy....he purchased an Army in .45LC, from gun broker earlier today....after looking at my Navy.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:20 PM   #5
dinkydow

Uploaded the images to desktop... Uploading them to the gallery is a no go. Seems like all my images there are ...gone? Seems like getting the images ...here...is a no-go. Sorry.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:28 PM   #6
dinkydow

Best I can do is post an image of what it looks like from Cimarron's online catalog.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:00 PM   #7
JD Miller
Fake Member

https://gundigest.com/gun-reviews/ha...n-top-revolver
JD Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:20 PM   #8
dinkydow

Ahhh....the 1872 Army open top. Everything a man who uses gun oil for aftershave...could want.

Now those are just downright pretty. The Navy has the smaller grip size and the brass parts.

That color case hardening is a real piece of eye candy. Forgot all about keeping an empty hole under the hammer while holstered. Until I read the above.

My cowboy gun stash is growing.

Just got a line on a model 1894 in 30-30.

Might have to add it as well.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:35 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Super nice . You be careful with them dang big irons their young feller take yer dang eye out they will.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #10
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Super nice . You be careful with them dang big irons their young feller take yer dang eye out they will.

The Navy model went right into a new gun rug and into storage. I did take it out today to rub it with my pecker...wiped the drool off... and then replaced it in the rug.

I dont have my images hosted anywhere that will generate a URL. I kind of lost interest in THAT when photofucket dumped @ 2500 of my images into the matrix. and or held them hostage for $450.00 a month.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:54 PM   #11
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Beautiful gun, but I'm partial to my 1851 open top Colt.
I saw you got it in .38spcl, does that take regular smokeless powder , or does it require black powder cartridges?

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:08 AM   #12
dinkydow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBob01 View Post
Beautiful gun, but I'm partial to my 1851 open top Colt.
I saw you got it in .38spcl, does that take regular smokeless powder , or does it require black powder cartridges?

Regular old .38 special cartridges. Or .38 S&W. No .357 magnum.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:41 PM   #13
500grains
Soldier of Allah

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_M...71-72_Open_Top
Old 02-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #14
dinkydow

The wilkpedia article points out that the Cimarron/Uberti copy of the 1872 colt open top, has a "safety in the hammer."

It does. First you place the hammer in the half cooked position and then, using a very small flat tip screwdriver....turn the screw clockwise...until it bottoms out in the hammer. The screw is in the right side of the hammer.. THIS prevents the hammer from moving forward and being able to strike a primer...if it is somehow released....and the firearm is loaded. Kind of a fix...for a maybe problem...?

Definitely NOT any kind of a safety like on a semi auto pistol. I expect it is there for cleaning or dismantling safety....so you don't shoot your own dick off with your loaded gun while dismantling it for a thorough cleaning....in case you are a retard. I suppose.

Kinda like the engraving on the pistols that advise you not to shoot yourself as it might be fatal or injure you.

Iooked mine over....as a safety on a single action, revolver/pistol....WAS ....well beyond my experience.

Yep...there that tiny screw was. I don't expect to be required to dismantle my hog leg for cleaning as it fires non corrosive powder smokeless cartridges. I have never torn my S&W late model revolvers appart to clean them after warming the barrels up.....so...?