Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Gardening, Animal Husbandry, and Yard Care
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2019, 09:27 PM   #1
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Default Pumpkin patch

Just got this started, I’m pretty late this year from all the bad weather, plowed this field finally in late May, then rains just kept on coming week after week. Went out to the field to check on them after we had a huge washout 3” rainstorm last week.

They are alive and growing, now I’m gonna need to cultivate end of week to control the flush growth of weeds. Hopefully I get some flowers in next 2 weeks, so they are sellable by late September/October, my kids steal most of the profits at the stand we set up.
flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
hangfire
Home on the range

Targets.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:45 AM   #3
Sanders

I'm getting rain clouds and thunderboomers around me every evening, but no rain. Everything got planted late this year. I think all I'm going to get is a mess of zucchini and some cherry tomatoes and strawberries.

My corn isn't yet knee high, but it is growing nicely.

Green beans are only about 6" high.

Not even half my onions came up, but those that did are growing nicely. They are the sweet Vidalia onions.

Green chile plants are healthy, but not producing anything yet.

Got some Cajun bell peppers on the plants that might ripen.

Broccoli suddenly decided it wanted to take off, and is looking really good. Nothing like home grown broccoli. It tastes nothing like store bought. If you hate broccoli and have never had home grown, it might change the way you think.

My lettuce will be ready to start eating in salads in a week or so - got a variety of butter, red, and romaine.

Ghost pepper plants are struggling. I planted them because that's what they use in India to keep elephants out of their gardens. So far it is working - no elephants.

The red potatoes seem to be doing well. It is the first time growing taters in a tractor tire.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Spinz

How do you get your pumpkins to grow up a wall like that?

j/k
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
How do you get your pumpkins to grow up a wall like that?

j/k
I was going to ask the same thing Kalashnikov. I have seen plants growing in water but never on a dang cliff? That flashy is good dang it.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:04 PM   #6
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I'm getting rain clouds and thunderboomers around me every evening, but no rain. Everything got planted late this year. I think all I'm going to get is a mess of zucchini and some cherry tomatoes and strawberries.

My corn isn't yet knee high, but it is growing nicely.

Green beans are only about 6" high.

Not even half my onions came up, but those that did are growing nicely. They are the sweet Vidalia onions.

Green chile plants are healthy, but not producing anything yet.

Got some Cajun bell peppers on the plants that might ripen.

Broccoli suddenly decided it wanted to take off, and is looking really good. Nothing like home grown broccoli. It tastes nothing like store bought. If you hate broccoli and have never had home grown, it might change the way you think.

My lettuce will be ready to start eating in salads in a week or so - got a variety of butter, red, and romaine.

Ghost pepper plants are struggling. I planted them because that's what they use in India to keep elephants out of their gardens. So far it is working - no elephants.

The red potatoes seem to be doing well. It is the first time growing taters in a tractor tire.
I hardly planted any garden this year, I got 3 tomatoes and 2 jalapeño plants, the rain screwed me this year. I usually do a lot more but couldn’t with all the rain. Had about 50 cucumbers plants last year and 50 zucchini too, sweet corn did good last year so I might plant a few rows of corn still. I’ll post a pic in a couple weeks once I fertilize after cultivating between the rows.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:02 AM   #7
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Finally got somewhat dry enough to cultivate, rain kept me from getting weeds in control but they are starting to vine and some have male flowers now.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:02 AM   #8
Sanders

Every year, my neighbor has something growing in his compost pile. It is always some type of squash.

Today, he asked me to take a look at what was growing in it this year. He said it was the darndest thing. He could not identify what was on the vine.

I took a look and thought about it. Then I told him he had pumpkins! They are just still green, is all.

He said he did toss a pumpkin out there last fall that someone had given him.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:38 PM   #9
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Damn deer are eating my pumpkins and worse at my cabin in the orchard is being attacked daily by Black bears breaking tops out of my pears. I retrieved my game cam so I’ll see who it is hopefully.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #10
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

In Michigan the apple and cherry orchards have 7' fences to keep the deer out.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #11
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
In Michigan the apple and cherry orchards have 7' fences to keep the deer out.
I got 6’ to 8’ tall fence wrapped around each tree, but the bears in the Poconos are bigger and stronger than the fencing. Actually just about every year here a 600lb plus black bear is shot within 20 minutes of my place.

Like this one https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.poc...emplate=ampart
Old 09-05-2019, 11:35 AM   #12
aviator
unum de multis

Electric wire fence. I wouldn't kill such a beautiful animal unless I needed to eat or if it attacked me.