Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #16
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Max View Post
In my experience Taurus is crap
Totally untrue,

I have owned several Taurus handguns over the years.Currently I have a model 605 357mag and a 9mm PT-92.

Ill take the Taurus over a Beretta M92(taurus has frame mounted safety and first shot SA,beretta don't)

None of mine have ever misfired or jammed.I'd have to say their revolvers are right up there in quality with any other high end manufacturer these days.They have a very long and positive history.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #17
GARANDNUT
Pontificator Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon View Post
Any of you fellers ever shot one ?? I've read some good reviews.... what's the word on the street ? Anybody got one ? I'm thinking about getting one.
Moon it seems like a marketing gimmick to me. Get a nice smith Model 36 or some other quality small carry gun.
GARANDNUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #18
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKWARRIOR View Post
Totally untrue,

I have owned several Taurus handguns over the years. Currently I have a model 605 357mag and a 9mm PT-92.

Ill take the Taurus over a Beretta M92(taurus has frame mounted safety and first shot SA,beretta don't)

None of mine have ever misfired or jammed.I'd have to say their revolvers are right up there in quality with any other high end manufacturer these days.They have a very long and positive history.

Plus about 100.

Like everyone they've had some good periods and some not so hot, but of the 5 I currently own, dating back fifteen years ... never a problem of any sort. Ditto for the 3 I've given as gifts, and that also applies to the pair of Rossi snubs I bought 2 years ago.

first went to Taurus when I was replacing a pair of used up S&W's in 92-93 and after checking 5 S&W's settled on the Taurus, far better triggers (which git even better with use) tighter cylinder bbl fit, every bit as good an exterior finish as the Smiths of the time. Blueing might not be quite as deep, I don't care, they're shooters not wall hangers.

Excellent value for the money in todays marketplace.

That said and getting back on topic. I remain remarkably unimpressed by "The Judge" in all it's forms. Offered one at cost by a dealer friend when they first came out, because after ordering and handling one he wasn't impressed either.

The piece is too bulky for what it is, feels awkward, and why would I want a .410 pistol anyhow?

I passed on the deal!

As always, JMHO, YMMV.

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #19
268darts

I have a friend that says the Judge is hard to control with anything bigger than #9 shot.
268darts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #20
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives View Post

...first went to Taurus when I was replacing a pair of used up S&W's in 92-93 and after checking 5 S&W's settled on the Taurus, far better triggers (which git even better with use) tighter cylinder bbl fit, every bit as good an exterior finish as the Smiths of the time. Blueing might not be quite as deep, I don't care, they're shooters not wall hangers.

Excellent value for the money in todays marketplace....
Usually... you and I agree on things. This issue? Is the exception.

EVERY Taurus revolver that I have ever had anything to do with - whether it was personally owned, or owned by someone whom I knew - shaved lead after about 150 rounds, more or less.

I will NOT EVER make the mistake of again throwing money at their trash; I would sooner suckle at the crotch of the obamanation than be caught carrying a Taurus.

As always... to each their own, and... as you say... YMMV.
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #21
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Nuff said.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #22
William Munny

For what it's worth, American Rifleman gave it a glowing review. They recommend using 000 buckshot in the 3" Judge for self defense. The shot pattern opens up after 10 yards because it's a rifled bore and you can't use a choke tube.

Alternatively, you could get a Magnum Research BFR in .410/45 caliber. It's a much bigger and heavier gun, but it has a screw in choke and produces a lot more energy.
William Munny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 AM   #23
scheistermeister
Throbbing Member

Quote:
Totally untrue,

I have owned several Taurus handguns over the years.Currently I have a model 605 357mag and a 9mm PT-92.

I agree with you as well. I have a PT-92 and an Ultralight in .38+P that I carry. Both are great guns and have been shot a ton without one problem.

The only Taurus that I have handled and did not like is the 24/7. After reading about one in Guns and Ammo I saw one at one of the local shops and decided to see what it was like. I liked it until I touched the trigger. On SA the travel on the trigger was just plain retarded. Once you got to the back it did break decently though... I basically felt that and handed it back to the guy behind the counter who said with a perplexed look on his face, "What's wrong?" I simply replied, "Feel that trigger." A second later... "Oh, I see what you mean."
Old 08-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #24
Mad_Max
Dud

Quote:
Totally untrue,

My Taurus "experience" , new- late 1980s Taurus revolvers:

M65 /.357 mag.. repeated firing pins breaking and the cylinder stop also broke once, locking up the cylinder. I almost could not return it because it was still loaded, but a smith managed to unjam it for me

Same problems with two M85 /.38 Specials

Even though they were only target guns for my wife to practice with (she has always carried S & Ws which have never let us down) the cost for repeated shipping made Taurus a real net loser. Added to the fact that I could never trust them for anything serious, say as a loaner gun
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the topic gun, note the results the Box O Truth got with this weapon using buckshot:
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

Final word? .410 buckshot from a pistol length barrel is a poor manstopper. So what you have a a HUGE, oversized .45 LC.. with the only real advantage is being able to load it with snakeshot/ratshot if that's something you are concerned with
Mad_Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #25
268darts

I like my 24/7 Pro and Millenium Pro. Never had a problem with either. I did check out Taurus armed before I bought them.

The Judge and other revolvers.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?board=4.0
268darts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #26
rogertc1

Replys are great from the ones who dont have one themselves...not a friend of a friend or what I read it on the internet. (Because we know everything is true on the internet.)
YO They have been in demand SINCE 2007- and hard to find cause they are in demand.:zoot:
rogertc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #27
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

When the gimmick affect wears off they will also be a glut on the market.
Just another belly gun, it's all in the marketing.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #28
bounce
Senile Member

I have a Judge.... I haven't fired it yet though.

great gun! great gun..

998 posts and counting....
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #29
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Taurus has come a long way since the 80's.They also have a lifetime warranty....enough said.
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #30
bounce
Senile Member

my neighboor gave me a box of 45 long colt which I understand can be fired in the judge.... that was nice of him...

999 posts.....
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote