Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
Sanders

Default PSA Again - .308 AR-10 type rifle $599.99

PSA PX-10 18" Mid-Length .308 WIN Stainless Steel 15" Keymod Lightweight MOE Rifle - 516446415

Reviews seem decent if you are looking for a semi-auto .308.

I'll stick with my FAL and M14 - they suit me fine.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...=12%3a00+Email

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #2
dinkydow

A lot of folks swear by their 7.62x51mm AR's. I used to sell the hell out of the ones Armalite made.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:07 AM   #3
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

That's the smaller frame version, more proprietary than the PA-10.
Might be a bonus being able to use more AR15 parts though, since most of the changes are furniture and the like, stuff you might want to upgrade later anyway.
“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:51 PM   #4
belt-fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
A lot of folks swear by their 7.62x51mm AR's. I used to sell the hell out of the ones Armalite made.
I like like my ar10 DPMS 20" had too put a adjustable gas block on it
for my 30 cal can it will hold 2" groups at 500 yrd with my loads the gun
do better but I have had too learn too shoot it right handed I'am left
handed but lost sight in my left eye
belt-fed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #5
remus

I got a PSA ar10 for that price a couple of years ago. I despise the collapsible stocks on ar's so I got an a1 stock and spring and buffer and put it on my ar10. I really like the rifle now. Mine's been trouble free, shoots everything I've put in it and with the a1 stock is comfortable to shoot. Some have had issues with the PSA ar10 but that hasn't been my experience.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #6
RetVet
Statistical Error

I built my own using billet Aero Precision upper/lower. Still need to resolve a cycling problem. I think the gas port hole in the barrel is too small. Don't recall the dimension as I haven't fiddled with this build in over a year. Probably drill the hole a little larger and add an adjustable gas block. Just been busy with other things like fine tuning my Ruger precision rifle in 6mm Creedmore.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #7
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
I built my own using billet Aero Precision upper/lower. Still need to resolve a cycling problem. I think the gas port hole in the barrel is too small. Don't recall the dimension as I haven't fiddled with this build in over a year. Probably drill the hole a little larger and add an adjustable gas block. Just been busy with other things like fine tuning my Ruger precision rifle in 6mm Creedmore.
Apparently, that 6.5 Creedmore is the bees knees. I read an article the other day that the guys using that round are wiping the field against folks shooting .308 and .30-06 rifles.

What I'd like to know is what kind of energy the 6.5 retains vs. the .30 at distance?
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #8
RetVet
Statistical Error

I've got a 6.5 Creedmore on order, same Ruger platform. The 6.5 is supposed to be just as good, if not better than the 6mm Creedmore, but with longer barrel life. I'm still figuring out the ballistics and drop stuff. I don't have a range beyond 200 yards right now, but would like to try hitting something out closer to the 1000 yard mark.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #9
bill3542

My son picked up a Smith & Wesson MP 10 in 308 a little over a week back, it was 899.

He went with it because of the lifetime warranty.
bill3542 is offline   Reply With Quote