Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-27-2020, 09:12 PM   #1
Sanders

Unhappy Hospitals across U.S. consider universal do-not-resuscitate orders for coronavirus patients

Quote:

Hospitals on the front lines of the pandemic are engaged in a heated private debate over a calculation few have encountered in their lifetimes - how to weigh the “save at all costs” approach to resuscitating a dying patient against the real danger of exposing doctors and nurses to the contagion of coronavirus.

The conversations are driven by the realization that the risk to staff amid dwindling stores of protective equipment - such as masks, gowns and gloves - may be too great to justify the conventional response when a patient "codes," and their heart or breathing stops.

Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago has been discussing a universal do-not-resuscitate policy for infected patients, regardless of the wishes of the patient or their family members - a wrenching decision to prioritize the lives of the many over the one.

Richard Wunderink, one of Northwestern's intensive-care medical directors, said hospital administrators have asked Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker for help in clarifying state law and whether it permits the policy shift.
https://www.adn.com/nation-world/202...irus-patients/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:37 PM   #2
A.J.
Dud

This could get REALLY bad. If just half the US population catches it, and 8% die (like in Italy), we're talking over 13 million people. Medical protocols need to be decided upon now, not later. Polivies will be harsh. People will be left to die. There is no good solution.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:54 PM   #3
CDawg
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
This could get REALLY bad. If just half the US population catches it, and 8% die (like in Italy), we're talking over 13 million people. Medical protocols need to be decided upon now, not later. Polivies will be harsh. People will be left to die. There is no good solution.
Yes. It could get VERY ugly. A long time ago I was in a Fleet Hospital Unit. ...the Navy's version of a MASH unit. We trained for deployment at Camp Pendleton. I was a non-medical rating. All non-medical folks were cross trained for camp security potentialities. NBC warfare training was part of that. The short and not so sweet ...we could help most chemical and nuclear casualties, but not biological. Someone asked what do we do if bio casualties come to us for help? The answer ...you turn them away. The followup question ...what if they insist and try to force their way in? The answer ...you shoot them. The unanimous response. ...WTF, OVER! I didn't sign up for THAT shit! Our trainers were Vietnam combat vets. Their response. .."It's a wonderful fucking war!" I'm not trying to say that this would or could happen in our current situation. ...but the choices may be just as harsh.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:58 PM   #4
Diesel 88888888
slug

Chinese

This is exactly why u never sign that 'living will' packet; nothing but a suicide pact.:zoot:

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:52 PM   #5
A.J.
Dud

I work a soul-crushing job dealing with the general public every day. It's just a matter of time before I get infected. I'm 56 and am in very good shape, so I should survive. About 3 days ago I sent my wife up to our Northern Michigan wilderness cabin to ride it out.

I already feel like shit and have been dealing with a dull headache for two days now. At this point I just don't give a fuck. All I care about is that my wife is safe. She's fine. Bring it on. Fuck you Covid-19, you cowardly little bitch. Make my day!
Old 03-28-2020, 01:08 AM   #6
CDawg
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
I work a soul-crushing job dealing with the general public every day. It's just a matter of time before I get infected. I'm 56 and am in very good shape, so I should survive. About 3 days ago I sent my wife up to our Northern Michigan wilderness cabin to ride it out.

I already feel like shit and have been dealing with a dull headache for two days now. At this point I just don't give a fuck. All I care about is that my wife is safe. She's fine. Bring it on. Fuck you Covid-19, you cowardly little bitch. Make my day!
You're a good man to take care of your wife that way. The headache thing is common these days and often a combination of stress and dehydration. Folks are forgetting to hydrate and stress is exasperating that. Try drinking more water and less caffeine, if your a caffeine user. Your job sounds really bad. Make taking care of yourself your priority whenever possible. Good luck, I've had some very shitty jobs too and maintaining an even strain is not an easy thing to accomplish. Those hospital folks I worked with taught me some simple stuff. ...but good stuff none the less. Their favorite thing to say was, "Does it hurt when you do that? Well, don't do that!" When I would say, "Good Morning Mame. How are you doing?" to this older Vietnam Nurse, she would say, "I'm sitting up and taking solid food." At first, I didn't know where she was coming from. ...but upon reflection I realized that sometimes, that's as good as it gets.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:18 AM   #7
Diesel 88888888
slug

Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDawg View Post
....How are you doing?" to this older Vietnam Nurse, she would say, "I'm sitting up and taking solid food." At first, I didn't know where she was coming from. ...but upon reflection I realized that sometimes, that's as good as it gets.
Yep!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:07 AM   #8
dhr
Banned

Quote:
When I would say, "Good Morning Mame. How are you doing?" to this older Vietnam Nurse, she would say, "I'm sitting up and taking solid food." At first, I didn't know where she was coming from. ...but upon reflection I realized that sometimes, that's as good as it gets.
My typical response to a question like that is:

"I'm still above room temperature."

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” -Lord Byron
dhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 07:44 AM   #9
A.J.
Dud

Quote:
You're a good man to take care of your wife that way. The headache thing is common these days and often a combination of stress and dehydration. Folks are forgetting to hydrate and stress is exasperating that. Try drinking more water and less caffeine, if your a caffeine user. Your job sounds really bad. Make taking care of yourself your priority whenever possible. Good luck, I've had some very shitty jobs too and maintaining an even strain is not an easy thing to accomplish. Those hospital folks I worked with taught me some simple stuff. ...but good stuff none the less. Their favorite thing to say was, "Does it hurt when you do that? Well, don't do that!" When I would say, "Good Morning Mame. How are you doing?" to this older Vietnam Nurse, she would say, "I'm sitting up and taking solid food." At first, I didn't know where she was coming from. ...but upon reflection I realized that sometimes, that's as good as it gets.
Thanks for the advice. You're probably correct: too much caffeine, not enough water, too much crappy job.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:01 AM   #10
klauss
Poof no eyebrows

If I had a place to send my wife/kids I would especially given my youngest is considered high risk due to his various health issues.

Heîs oiōnňs áristos, amýnesthai perě pátrēs- "There is only one omen, to fight for one's country"
klauss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:40 AM   #11
Crusader30-06M1

Mn went into shelter in place a few hours ago. The order is nothing more than show. The rules dont stop anybody from doing anything.
Crusader30-06M1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #12
BBill

That's just fine....as long as ALL the Senators
and Congressmen get turned away too...if
not, shit will hit the fan!!!
BBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #13
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Took another heavy fall today when my shoes with the slippery soles shot out from
under me outside the meat market.

And once again, no broken bones, just a bruise on my hip, and some scraped off my
left thumb and the wrist.

It seems that their is a purpose...as yet unrevealed...for my existence, so perhaps I
need not fear this freakin' virus thingy.

Unless, of course, that freakin' virus thingy is what my miserable end is to be.

We shall see.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:43 AM   #14
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post
Took another heavy fall today when my shoes with the slippery soles shot out from

And once again, no broken bones, just a bruise on my hip, and some scraped off my

It seems that their is a purpose...as yet unrevealed...for my existence, so perhaps I

Unless, of course, that freakin' virus thingy is what my miserable end is to be.

We shall see.
Come on Rick. be careful, how about a walking stick of some sort? do you use one? After 60 broken bones are bad, after 70 they could be fatal.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #15
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post

We shall see.
Sir...

Perhaps you should retire that pair of shoes...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote