Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Gardening, Animal Husbandry, and Yard Care
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 02-18-2022, 11:05 PM   #1
slavicshooter

Default 3 and 4 down . . .

. . . and room to spare in the walk-in cooler. More processing to be done, but the hard part is over. Done with 2021 pigs, thank God.~ss
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JFBq13iSQsgcdosU9
slavicshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 12:15 AM   #2
4thIDvet
slug

Good job.
Now to cut them up. That is good if you know how to do that stuff. Myself and neighbor just split a 1/4 of a Black Angus? Local ranch local slaughterhouse and I never had meat that good tasting.
We split the $800 cost. Not sure if the price was right but the meat is, so what the hell gives me enough for the rest of the year.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:54 PM   #3
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavicshooter View Post
. . . and room to spare in the walk-in cooler. More processing to be done, but the hard part is over. Done with 2021 pigs, thank God.~ss
Nice! I sure wish I had the space to raise a couple pigs per year.

I'm currently looking for an upright freezer (about the size of my refrigerator). We have a 7.5 cf chest freezer, but need a bigger one so we could buy a half a beef. The freezer will hold a whole pig, but then there's no room for frozen veggies and other stuff. The side by side fridge/freezer we have, the freezer side is big enough to hold the frozen veggies and other frozen stuff we buy.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 09:14 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter07 View Post
Nice! I sure wish I had the space to raise a couple pigs per year.

I'm currently looking for an upright freezer (about the size of my refrigerator). We have a 7.5 cf chest freezer, but need a bigger one so we could buy a half a beef. The freezer will hold a whole pig, but then there's no room for frozen veggies and other stuff. The side by side fridge/freezer we have, the freezer side is big enough to hold the frozen veggies and other frozen stuff we buy.
Kenmore 20.8-cu ft Frost-free Upright Freezer (White)
Item #3809912Model #KLFU021AWD

Automatic defrost function prevents ice buildup and eliminates the need for time consuming, messy manual removal

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kenmore-KM-...zer/5001852317

I just had this one delivered last week Hunter. I have a 15 ft. I think it is laydown but got tired of digging through the damn thing to find what I needed.
This one is frost free which sold me. The way you like to BBQ you can save in the long run getting plenty of space. I have both outside on my back porch no room inside for them.
Now my worry is the damn bears. Think they don't know how to get it open even locked? Big oxeas put their claws to my neighbors 'locked and chained' and peeled it open like a can of sardines.
He didn't care about the freezer he was pissed said Tim they did not even leave me a damn hamburger.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:06 PM   #5
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Nice freezer! There's a 'scratch & dent' appliance seller on farcebook marketplace. I'll have to check with them to see if they have one 'that big'.

I like it, because it has a bunch of shelves, and you can stack stuff accordingly.......and not really have to 'dig for it'.

Thanks for the link to a new one. I'll write down the model number and give the 'scratch & dent' place, a call on Monday. If they don't have 'that one', I'll ask if they have something close to that size. If not, to keep their eyes open for me.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:09 PM   #6
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Oh, no worries here. No bears or .

That, and I wouldn't keep it outside the house anyway.