Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Gunsmithing
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #1
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

Default AR trigger sux

any recommendations for a smoother trigger in my Bushmaster ? with my face on the buttstock i can hear the damn thing creaking as i pull it.
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
baboon
slug

https://geissele.com
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #3
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
i was afraid you would say that.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:37 PM   #4
JD Miller
Fake Member

Cant you tune up a AR trigger ? I dont see why not, or have a competent smith tune it
Old 10-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
Cant you tune up a AR trigger ? I dont see why not, or have a competent smith tune it
Yes polish it do it yourself.

http://www.2acheck.com/polishing-the...er-and-hammer/

People talk about AK trigger slap, hell some AR trigger groups I bought yah need a winch to fire the damn things. I love my Geisselle triggers, smooth as silk. But put a few minutes into polishing the triggers add a light spring set and save some bucks.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/579...ProductFinding

http://www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm

ADD. Some people are commenting on the reviews on light strikes with the double spring set. I kept the standard hammer spring in and just bought the reduced trigger spring. Seems to work fine for me.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:31 AM   #6
perry

yep, bought a fcg from dpms and it has a terrible trigger also. bought mine a little after sandy hook crap and I figure their qc was lagging behind to meet the demands back then, but ill get around to polishing it also.
perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #7
Stalky

Ifn it hasn't been said before use stones to polish.FCG are case hardened so go slow and you should be a happy camper with stock. Geometry is everything after not cutting thru the hardened exterior.
Stalky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:40 PM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

Smile Update for Brother flopshot on the AR trigger.

O.K. we are not gunsmiths but NASA wants to hire us as rocket scientist. flopshot this is smoothing the trigger crunch, not reducing trigger lb.pull necessarily now.
We are shade tree gunsmiths but this dang sure worked for us.

- Take 1500 grit sand paper and smooth down all contact points as explained in the previous post. Do NOT change any angles. 15 minutes of gentle rubbing.
- Next take Crocus fine "ace hardware" paper and make a mirror finish. Take your time and go slow. Just smoothing NOT taking any angles away.
- We then lubed lightly all contact points we polished with "Ace Hardware super lube synthetic grease". Plus some lube in the pins to hold them. Took a toothpick and put some lube in. Oh it helped in the process.
-Installed a light "Midway" lower sear spring and kept the upper hammer standard heavy spring. For good solid primer strikes.

ADD: Yes a smoother AR trigger. Reduced lb. trigger pull? maybe some but smooth as all hell.
- Now the lower tiny sear spring shown on some diagrams to be funnel shaped. I have several, some are some are not wide bottom funnel shaped. If you have one and install it wide side up, you get a crunch not so good grind, install wide side down. If yah have said install wide side down. Crunch grind gone. That was a major grinding noise, believe do not believe?

Now put her back together and try. Any input on what us rocket scientist's did would be appreciated.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:42 PM   #9
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

I just re-sprung mine with one of those JP spring kits. Still pretty crisp, but with a lot less trigger pull.
Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think, and act for myself--and then I will obey every law or submit to the penalty." - Chief Joseph
Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.)
quod futue te ipsum est quid
Havoc308 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:47 PM   #10
belt-fed

hyper fire have one in my strike Tac-con 3 in my SBR 9 like them both
belt-fed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
ColonelKorn
High Priest of Honkydom

I put a HyperFire (the $80 one) on the last one I built.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:34 PM   #12
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelKorn View Post
I put a HyperFire (the $80 one) on the last one I built.
seems to be the consensus.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #13
4thIDvet
slug

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...e-24e-trigger/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbL1CzCIwW0

Damn now I got to get one of these.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:25 AM   #14
GunsNgeeks

Default Drop-in triggers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopshot View Post
any recommendations for a smoother trigger in my Bushmaster ? with my face on the buttstock i can hear the damn thing creaking as i pull it.
Have you considered a drop-in trigger pack? They're making some great ones priced anywhere between $75 and $400. I have tried a few and I love the TriggerTech TT-AR-15. It's single stage trigger adjustable down to 1lb and you can get it with a flat or curved bow. Prices start at $169.99. It feels as good as my custom bolt rifle trigger!!!
GunsNgeeks is offline   Reply With Quote