Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:02 AM   #1
Sanders

Default The United Methodist Divorce

I don't have a dog in this fight, but scripture applies to all people - not just those of any particular sect. God's Laws will not be mocked, and I would not want to be anywhere near anyone who is openly leading God's people into sin and blasphemy.

Quote:
We all knew it was coming, but it’s still a surprise to see it: the United Methodist Church will go into formal schism over the issue of homosexuality. From the NYT:

Quote:
Leaders of the United Methodist Church, the second-largest Protestant denomination in the nation, announced on Friday a plan that would formally split the church after years of division over same-sex marriage.

Under the plan, which would sunder a denomination with 13 million members worldwide, a new “traditionalist Methodist” denomination would be created, and would continue to ban same-sex marriage as well as the ordination of gay and lesbian clergy.

A separation in the Methodist church had been anticipated since a contentious general conference in St Louis last February, when 53 percent of church leaders and lay members voted to tighten the ban on same-sex marriage, declaring that “the practice of homosexuality is incompatible with Christian teaching.”

In the months following, a plan was put together by a 16-member committee of bishops and other church representatives, who determined that separation was “the best means to resolve our differences, allowing each part of the Church to remain true to its theological understanding.”
https://www.theamericanconservative....odist-divorce/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #2
baboon
slug

Someone is seeing $$$,$$$,$$$.00 signs.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #3
JD Miller
Fake Member

Im offended by fags

They are very very offensive and disrespectful

Old 01-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #4
Bluntforce
slug

It was about time the tares were separated.

Their philosophy as well as their acts stink.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #5
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Well, I'm very much in the middle of this fight. And there is a lot going on here.

First, this is only a proposal. For this to be made Church policy, it will have to be voted on at this years
General Conference and passed by a simple majority. Once it passes at General Conference
(our conference at the Global level), it will be sent back to all Annual Conferences (our conferences at
the state level, both here and overseas) worldwide and voted on a second time, in which it must
pass by a 2/3's vote at the annual conference level. Then and only then, will this plan be able to move forward.

Everyone was sure this was going to be laid to rest at the special session they held last year in which
they called it, The Commission on the Way Forward. We figured the vote would go in the way of perversion.
But at this special session, for the first time in the history of the United Methodist Church, the United
States held less than 50% of the world delegation. Before, if the US delegates banded
together, we had control.

But as our Churches in the US have become morally corrupt, our numbers have been declining in membership.
As Churches in third world countries hungered and thirsted for the unfiltered Word of God, those Churches
have been growing in numbers by astronomical amounts, specifically in Africa, Korea, and the Philippines.
Some Churches in Korea growing by 200 and 300% per year. As their numbers grew, they gained delegates
at the global level. As our numbers declined, we lost delegates at the global level.

The Churches of Africa were very vocal on the issue of homosexuality and vowed to never let it infiltrate
the Church as long as they were part of the Conference. Fortunately, they had the numbers and the
delegates to back it up. And the resolution to allow perversion was voted down.

Even though it has only been a year since the special session, we have continued to lose. They have
continued to gain. I am thinking (and praying) that this new resolution will also be voted down at this year's
General Conference. That being said, a Church split is coming in the UMC. But it is my opinion that
those with the majority vote should be the ones allowed to stay and keep the name of United Methodist.

The ones who want to accept perversion should be the ones forced to start their own.

The tea leaves that I've been reading is that the Africa delegation feels much the same way I do, but it is
still early on in the process. We knew it was coming, but hopefully they will be the ones that have to leave.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:55 AM   #6
RetVet
Statistical Error

Divide and conquer. Bowing to the fags just like the Scouts did. The Bible is clear, just like the Constitution is clear, but liberals ignore or twist both to suit themselves. I guess hell has room for a few more souls to roast. Many more the way this country and world is going.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Now I'm wondering if the General Conference that is scheduled May 3 to15 will be rescheduled.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #8
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
But it is my opinion that
those with the majority vote should be the ones allowed to stay and keep the name of United Methodist.

The ones who want to accept perversion should be the ones forced to start their own.
I'm fairly confident that isn't going to happen. And that traditional Methodists will leave the United Methodist Church.

In my opinion that is a good thing.

In January I attended a meeting with representatives from the Wesleyan Covenant Association in Greentown, Indiana. And they explained why it would be in our favor if we left the United Methodist Church and create our own church. Most bishops in the United Methodist Church are in favor of accepting homosexual pastors and gay marriages in the church.

If we separate, we can create our own book of discipline, following scripture and the word of God.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:40 PM   #9
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
I'm fairly confident that isn't going to happen. And that traditional Methodists will leave the United Methodist Church.

In January I attended a meeting with representatives from the Wesleyan Covenant Association in Greentown, Indiana. And they explained why it would be in our favor if we left the United Methodist Church and create our own church. Most bishops in the United Methodist Church are in favor of accepting homosexual pastors and gay marriages in the church.

If we separate, we can create our own book of discipline, following scripture and the word of God.
Sounds like they're turning into the ELCA. There were several "new" organizations spun off of them, when they voted to be in league with the sodomites. The ELCA has been preaching that the Bible has errors, which it doesn't, as it's God's perfect word.

I was really routing for the UMC to shrug this filth off and get on with God's Word, as it is written.

Just more of Satan's work.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #10
Frogman

What ever happened to Men of Principal. Feel good religion is worse than no religion at all, it just compromises your beliefs.

"I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of"
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:11 PM   #11
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Quote:
Now I'm wondering if the General Conference that is scheduled May 3 to15 will be rescheduled.
I haven't heard of anything being cancelled or rescheduled as of yet.

Quote:

I stated that back in January when I was aggravated that this is still an issue after the Commission on the Way Forward. But now that I've had some time to think about it, I've come around to your way of thinking. Instead of trying to fix what is broken, build something new. I've been a supporter of the Wesley Covenant Association for some time now.

Another good group to follow for news is the Confessing Movement of the UMC. They are certainly traditionalists as well.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:35 AM   #12
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Nothing wrong with leaving something that has become corrupted & unclean in God's sight. "Come out from amongst them, touch not the unclean thing & I will receive you" comes to mind, Lot leaving sodom before its destruction & "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues". Yep, no problem walking away from a defiled, backslidden, apostate organisation. Broad is the path to destruction & many are on it, narrow is the path to life & few find it. God's judgement wont wait forever, Id rather be clear of it.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:56 PM   #13
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

While things are on hold due to the pandemic, the Wesley Covenant Association has continued to move forward. One of the promising moves that I am liking is that licensed pastors will be considered ordained under the Order of Deacons.

Currently, licensed pastors are allowed to operate under the credentials of the district superintendent that they serve. And their license is only good for the local Church, meaning they can only practice in Churches that are assigned to them. I'm recognized by the state of WV as an ordained minister with a Bachelors Degree. But the UMC doesn't recognize my credentials, which is why I am currently serving as licensed in their book.

There has been much more careful planning going on. I don't think they would be adopting a new set of bylaws and Church Constitution on a maybe.

It's going to be interesting. But expect the UMC to go full-blown liberal once the conservatives start their own.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:12 AM   #14
RetVet
Statistical Error

Liberals...... there's nothing they can't taint or FUBAR.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:46 AM   #15
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

A somewhat late comment to this thread but, as a point of interest, a UM church in the Heights, which openly displayed the disgusting gay flag close by both the front (main) entrance and the back, suffered severe damage by fire earlier this year.

Foul play is not suspected - the only logical conclusion therefore being that this was an act of God.