Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Sights, Scopes, Optics, Binoculars, and Flashlights
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2020, 08:59 AM   #1
Sanders

Angry FLIR Discontinues All Civilian Sales

Quote:

According to an anonymous source that spoke to the BurstReview YouTube channel, FLIR will discontinue civilian sales of optics this Monday, January 20th.

According to BurstReview’s sources, FLIR’s board of directors and shareholders are anti-hunting and believe that only military and law enforcement should have access to thermal optics. This source also stated that FLIR allegedly laid off everyone in their civilian and hunting sales departments.

The sources stated this was further supported by recent events surrounding Armasight. Allegedly following FLIR’s acquisition of Armasight, they laid off all hunting prostaff and instructed social media personnel to never show any kill shots going forward.

This is very interesting news, and could turn the market against FLIR. Especially given rising tensions between civilians and militarized police that are seen as overstepping their authority.

But this is all hearsay until the alleged reveal date of Monday the 20th. Be sure to stay tuned for the latest information on this and other stories coming out of SHOT Show 2020.
https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020...ivilian-sales/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

Will they refuse to repair thermal devices in civilian possession?
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
baboon
slug

I'm just a poor guy with to much invested i passive to give a shit!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:19 AM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

I was eating at a sea side restaurant in the Florida Keys and here came this big beautiful boat, about a 40 footer, brand new with everything in it as far as electronics, a large FLIR camera on top and the owners you could tell were refugees who didn't even speak English and looked that they just came out of a cuban ghetto. There is no way they could afford that boat unless they are doing something illegal with it. Spoke to my son who owns a 30 footer open fisherman and he said. yes, it's a telltale among boaters, you see something like that, they are smuggling something.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
baboon
slug

Back when we first moved into the house when cops were chasing people in the helocopter @ night they used a spot light. The circling copter always woke me up. The spot light on my house & yard always hadme up arm myself.

FLIR put a stop to all that alarm.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:49 PM   #6
Sanders

Optics Planet is having a blowout sale - well, a blowout for some folks, I reckon.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/mkt-fli...4b2f6d4c4d6247
Old 01-22-2020, 07:44 AM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

i wonder about that? Hell those companies would be competing with each other over military and police contracts which are probably all tied up anyway?
Not selling to the public whether they like or dislike hunting would be a company ending adventure.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:25 AM   #8
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
i wonder about that? Hell those companies would be competing with each other over military and police contracts which are probably all tied up anyway?
Not selling to the public whether they like or dislike hunting would be a company ending adventure.
Especially because the wild hogs have gotten wise to being hunted, and have gone nocturnal. So, the best way to hunt them, of course, is at night with thermal scopes and NODs.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #9
JD Miller
Fake Member

Communists company.... Period !
Old 01-24-2020, 11:21 AM   #10
Sanders

Quote:
Hi, We’re FLIR, And You Suck, And We Hate You

Quote:
I specifically attended SHOT to speak with FLIR about some of their products. To say they were jerks to me would be an understatement and I actually walked away mid-sentence from one of their smug talking-heads.
https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020...d-we-hate-you/
Old 01-24-2020, 12:58 PM   #11
aviator
unum de multis

My son just bought one for the company to check for thermal leaks at their installations.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:28 PM   #12
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
My son just bought one for the company to check for thermal leaks at their installations.
They have a lot of uses. One other thing you can use them for is to check for electrical shorts/hot spots in your house so you can fix them before they ever become a problem/fire.

Fire departments use them to look for hot spots.

It's a very useful technology. FLIR is really shooting themselves in the foot over this.
Old 12-18-2021, 08:26 AM   #13
Rexydg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Especially because the wild hogs have gotten wise to being hunted, and have gone nocturnal. So, the best way to hunt them, of course, is at night with thermal scopes and NODs.
Thats how I do it.. got in just under the wire on my armasight .. flir tau2.

Works great so far.
Rexydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #14
RetVet
Statistical Error

Some politicians got to them I bet with a promise of government contracts if they stopped selling to the civilian market. This was over a year ago.