Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Default Why Glock Dominates the Handgun Market (And Better than Sig Sauer and Beretta)

Quote:
In the intervening thirty-five years, the Glock has become the dominant
handgun in a crowded field of competitors. Despite stiff competition from
countries emulating his polymer design, Glock 17 handguns serve with such
diverse forces as the British Armed Forces, the Swedish Armed Forces,
Indian special forces, the Iraqi military, the Israeli Defense Forces and the
Yemeni military. The Glock 17 outfits dozens of armies and hundreds of
police forces worldwide. U.S. Army Rangers and Marine Corps Forces Special
Operations Command use the compact version, the Glock 19, and U.S.
Special Forces—including the shadowy Delta Force—carry the .40 Smith &
Wesson–caliber Glock 22.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the...ig-sauer-23487
Old 12-04-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Sanders

Better marketing pretty much sums it up.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

Something about the name that people like. Colt 1911 is a better handgun, except for the amount of rounds in a mag. In a firefight I'll take a 1911 any time.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

I agree with you, aviator - the 1911 is even better looking! With one in the pipe, in condition 1, with two additional mags I feel quite comfortable.

I bought my wife a 2nd. hand Glock 19 (mid-size) some years ago. She shot it once and
I may have, but it's stayed in the safe since.

I now carry the .45s exclusively.
Rick-a-Roo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

I'm not putting G down, but the 1911 has a couple things I like better.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #6
Sanders

I've been packing the full-size Springfield XD-45, primarily for magazine capacity. Fourteen on the hip with 2x13 mags for reloads is nothing to sneeze at. Will I ever need that many rounds? Maybe not, but why take my chances?

I prefer the 1911, but the XD has a similar grip angle, so fits nicely in my hand. I also like the grip safety in addition to the trigger safety.

Now I just need to save up my shekels to buy a .460 Rowland conversion https://www.460rowland.com/
Old 12-04-2017, 07:53 PM   #7
A.J.
Dud

Never owned a Glock but respect them. I'm happy with my revolvers and manual safety, hammer action semi-autos.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #8
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

i can't hit shit with a 1911. my 17 is a natural shooter for me. tried a Smith 645 as well with no success. do i like the Glock system ? not really. i will never carry it with one in the pipe but i can hit shit with it.
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:48 PM   #9
S. Fisher

I have a model 30, but generally carry a full size 1911. I’ve have a P220 but don’t care for it, just doesn’t feel as comfortable as the 1911.
Just picked up a CZ75 phantom, it feels a lot like the 1911 as far as ergo’s go.
S. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:58 AM   #10
cerberus
Dud

Glocks are for stoopid lazy people. That's why they give them to the constabulary. If you ever sit through the glock 'system' being taught, you'll understand.
Down here on the 26th parallel, where people don't wear clothes, I carry a StarPD 45 with two spare magazines. There's three more mags in the console, and a Draco pistol behind the seat in my Wrangler.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #11
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
Glocks are for stoopid lazy people. That's why they give them to the constabulary. If you ever sit through the glock 'system' being taught, you'll understand.
Down here on the 26th parallel, where people don't wear clothes, I carry a StarPD 45 with two spare magazines. There's three more mags in the console, and a Draco pistol behind the seat in my Wrangler.
cerberus
I wouldn't say that. Many of us here have Glocks. It's a good gun designed well, I just wish they had an outside hammer instead of that trigger safety thing.

Flop, something must be wrong with that 1911 or your loads are weak, I've been shooting 1911 for a long time and never had a problem except for maybe 200 foot long shots and bullet drop but it wasn't designed for that anyhow. Maybe the barrel is not locking in right on the slide?
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I wouldn't say that. Many of us here have Glocks. It's a good gun designed well, I just wish they had an outside hammer instead of that trigger safety thing.

Flop, something must be wrong with that 1911 or your loads are weak, I've been shooting 1911 for a long time and never had a problem except for maybe 200 foot long shots and bullet drop but it wasn't designed for that anyhow. Maybe the barrel is not locking in right on the slide?
I have a load that will put you on target at 200 yards, let alone at 200 ft. I call it my coyote load. It is a 185 gr. Hornady XTP at 1,000 fps.

The nice thing about there being so many different gun manufacturers is that it allows everyone to have something that fits them and their style. While I really love the 1911, I can't make a subcompact Detonics work for crap with me. Give me a full-size model and I'm hell-on-wheels. On Thanksgiving, my nephew handed me his Citadel 1911 with fixed sights. After one missed shot on clay pigeons at 20 yards, which showed me the POI was low and right, I emptied the rest of the mag with a hit each time.

I don't do too badly with my brother-in-law's Glock 22, but I just don't care for the grip angle. After thousands upon thousands of rounds in the 1911, why learn new muscle memory? That's why the transition to the XD is easy - it has a similar grip to me.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:29 AM   #13
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
I'm not putting G down, but the 1911 has a couple things I like better.
One of those things would have to be "style".

I'm also partial to the 1911 in Combat Commander length.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:06 AM   #14
dhr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Fisher View Post
I have a model 30, but generally carry a full size 1911. I’ve have a P220 but don’t care for it, just doesn’t feel as comfortable as the 1911.
Just picked up a CZ75 phantom, it feels a lot like the 1911 as far as ergo’s go.
That's because it's essentially CZ's version of the Hi Power...Mr. Browning's other fabulous pistol.

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” -Lord Byron
dhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:27 AM   #15
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen11 View Post
One of those things would have to be "style".

I'm also partial to the 1911 in Combat Commander length.
Hey 1911, with the Aussie ban on military calibers, can you own a 1911 in an oddball caliber like 38 Super?