Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 08-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #1
riderv700

Default Small pistol primers

Looking for small pistol primers.Have reloaded from years ago and have what i need but i have bought a .357 Sig a few years ago along with some 1000 once fired brass. I have around 400 small pistol primers left from yrs ago and now it seems they are scarce as hens teeth at a reasonable price. I have 500 count of CCi small rifle primers i would be willing to swap out right for small pistol primers of same count or i will purchase same amount. Let me hear from you fellows that would be interested if you have some extra small pistol primers
would be nice if you could let go of some. POGO i hope this is general discussion.
riderv700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:06 PM   #2
Diesel 88888888
slug

gun

Gosh, what is a small pistol primer? Can't imagine such a thing n alls dat shise n stuff!

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:34 PM   #3
Enforcer

Small rifle primers are the same as Small pistol magnum primers if that helps you. The dirty secret is only the packaging is different. The exception are the hardened "military spec" small rifle primers which have a thicker cup. Check out this thread and Google it.

https://singleactions.proboards.com/...-rifle-primers
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:00 PM   #4
gunkgy

let me dig around my stockpile tomorrow and see what I have.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:05 PM   #5
gunkgy

PM sent
gunkgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:15 PM   #6
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

I am stuffing the last of my small pistol primers in the newly sized & tumbled 9mm & .40 cal ammo to complete my ammo supply. I didn't have the fore thought to buy in 5K case lots for some reason.
FloridaAKM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #7
FloridaAKM
Military Truck Collector

Thank you for that info, as I do have lots of small rifle primers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Small rifle primers are the same as Small pistol magnum primers if that helps you. The dirty secret is only the packaging is different. The exception are the hardened "military spec" small rifle primers which have a thicker cup. Check out this thread and Google it.

FloridaAKM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:42 PM   #8
graynote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

I know that this is an old post, but I wanted to comment that this information is NOT true and if operating anywhere near pressure limits one should start over and rework the load…just as you should if changing brands of primers. There are all sorts of internet rumors that tend to agree with the statement, but call any of the primer companies and they will tell you otherwise. There are also those that have tested the theory with the same powder and charge, brass, projectile, and varied the primer and experienced different velocity, as well as punctured primers at a lower velocity with pistol primers vs rifle primers. Ultimately, different mixture and different cup.
graynote is online now   Reply With Quote