Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Camping, Backpacking, Outdoor Survival Skills
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
Sanders

Question What is missing from your backpack / survival pack?

I was going over mine the other day and realized the one thing I did not have was some sort of drinking cup. Now, if I were hiking with my web gear on, I'd have a canteen cup with me, but I don't always wear my web gear.

Instead of throwing the canteen cup in it, I figured I'd get a titanium or stainless mug/cooking cup. What makes it really stupid on my part is that I recently bought one for my wife's pack and gave all the kids one with an alcohol stove I made for them.

Another thing I was missing was some kind of eating utensil. Not even a plastic spoon.

Something I do have in my pack - instant coffee packets, tea bags, and bouillon soup cubes. Just nothing to heat them in over my little Esbit stove.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #2
Driswalds
Starcastle Champion

I don't have anything on my web gear that needs heated.
In the web gear I keep Bridgford no heat On the go packs. Not very tasty and keep about 5 years.
I keep all the cooking gear in my pack.

http://www.bridgford.com/readytoeat/...-the-go-packs/
Driswalds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:03 PM   #3
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driswalds View Post
I don't have anything on my web gear that needs heated.
In the web gear I keep Bridgford no heat On the go packs. Not very tasty and keep about 5 years.
I keep all the cooking gear in my pack.

http://www.bridgford.com/readytoeat/...-the-go-packs/
I'll have to try those out if Sportsman's Warehouse is ever allowed to have anyone inside their store again, here.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I have a stainless steel coffee cup. It burns my lips with hot coffee. I use a big insulated mug.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:25 PM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

Sanders do a test run for your necessities like what do I need? Start to set up for cooking and bugging in your back or front yard do I have utensils cooking pot plate if needed knife of course fork and spoon etc.
Fires start, cups two one for you one for the wife. Now go to bedding and set up. Ground mat 'you loose a majority of heat through the ground' enough cover including a big or medium tarp at least to stay dry and help with warmth.
You get the picture do a practice run setting up in your back yard and you will see what yah need. Don't wait till yah hit camp. Damn blast it where is those cups.

Basic medial gear not necessarily an ER but pack best yah can. Bug repellent etc. etc.

Bugging Out 101: The Essential Bug-Out Bag Checklist

https://www.govx.com/blog/273/buggin...4aAgF2EALw_wcB
Old 01-05-2021, 09:07 PM   #6
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Just watched this.... Basic/Minimalist 'Get Home' bag......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HOp...orporalsCorner
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:40 PM   #7
Exitwound
Red Blooded American

The titanium cups are really neet. They weigh next to nothing. I keep a 750ml size one in my pack with a lid.