Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 08-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
TheMrMitch

Default C&R guns sent to alternate residenses......?

I have two residences....Ky and Texas. C&R license has Ky address. Can I have guns sent to my house in Texas???? Thanks.

USMC 1959/1963

3%
The sun shines bright in the old Kentucky home,
'Tis summer, the darkies are gay,
TheMrMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
gunkgy

Only if the address is on the license.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #3
RTO

The weapon must be stored at the address that is on the license. Don't know if they will ship to the TX address.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:31 AM   #4
TheMrMitch

Talking

Didn't think so. Thanks fellas!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:26 AM   #5
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrMitch View Post
I have two residences....Ky and Texas. C&R license has Ky address. Can I have guns sent to my house in Texas???? Thanks.
Hell the ATF uses their Mexican drug cartel address for their straw purchased F&F weapons, I would guess you could use whichever address you want, according to their rules?
Now not saying to do it Mitch, but every damn day law abiding American gun owning citizens struggle to maintain legality, such as the question you presented.
Yet we watch this commie mother frigging regime act like we have no constitution. Somebody is going to take them to damn court and use their actions to set precedent.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #6
RetVet
Statistical Error

They can ship only to the address on the license which is also where the collection is "supposed" to be. If the collection is located somewhere else, the license would have to be updated to reflect the correct location.

You could probably get away with having the collection at a different location because if audited, it's YOUR choice to where it's done, your collection location OR the ATF office. But, if the collection is stolen, you'll have to do some creative tap dancing to explain why the collection was located somewhere else and why the license wasn't updated to reflect the change.

As we all know, only 0bama and the political elites get free passes.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #7
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

See if this helps any. It looks like technically you can have guns shipped to a different address, but practically I doubt that any dealer would agree to do so.

Quote:
ATF has received numerous inquiries asking if a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) may ship firearms to an address that is different from what is listed on the recipient’s Federal firearms license.
Neither the Gun Control Act (GCA) nor its implementing regulations contain specific provisions requiring that an FFL have firearms shipped to his/her licensed business premises when receiving firearms. Therefore, an FFL may lawfully receive firearms at his/her mailing address, storage location, or other address where the licensee intends to ensure safe and secure receipt of the firearms.
ATF Industry Circular 74-13 outlines “Guidelines for Verifying Identity and Licensed Status of Transferee.” It states, in part that “when the shipment is to be made to an address other than the transferee’s premises as listed on his or her license or on his or her certified list, it is suggested that the transferor verify the address as being that of the transferee.” ATF encourages FFLs to verify to the best of their ability that the shipping address is a valid location where the licensee is prepared to receive and subsequently possess the firearms. This may require that you contact the FFL listed on the license to verify that the address listed is accurate.
https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi...r-volume-2.pdf
Eightball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
RetVet
Statistical Error

As Eightball said, I doubt a shipper would ship to an address other than what's on the FFL unless they contacted the ATF or came up with some other way to cover their ass. As an 03FFL holder, I wouldn't ship to an address other than that listed on the license.
RetVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #9
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

I have had firearms shipped to me at a different location in the past, but I don't know if it would work for you. We have some different circumstances here.
When I used to order them, I knew that 90% of the time, I would not be home to sign for it, and that the hub would be closed by time I could get to it.
I would simply miss the drop off, then call the hub and have the package re-directed, and shipped to my work place the next day.
Granted this was only across town, and not state to state.

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #10
mr-ak-47
Massa di Avatars

....in 1962 I had a shotgun mailed to me from sears.....

One person says something stupid, and the other stupid people hear him, and the next thing you know, you're getting tortured in a gulag.

Welcome to democracy, where your rights depend on the howling of the mob.

mr-ak-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #11
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-ak-47 View Post
....in 1962 I had a shotgun mailed to me from sears.....
Before the 68 GCA, it was SOP to receive guns and ammo in the mail.
Not a problem until the second Kennedy was offed.

THEN everybody was guilty.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:19 AM   #12
500grains
Soldier of Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Hell the ATF uses their Mexican drug cartel address for their straw purchased F&F weapons, I would guess you could use whichever address you want, according to their rules?
Yes, if the address is Mexico City.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #13
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
Before the 68 GCA, it was SOP to receive guns and ammo in the mail.
Not a problem until the second Kennedy was offed.

THEN everybody was guilty.
I bought several firearms and had them mailed to me. I bought one from Sears and a couple from Montgomery Wards. They mailed them right to my parent's home. And I bought a few junk guns for parts from advertisers in Shotgun News.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #14
TheMrMitch

Thumbs up

Talked to a couple of on line dealers who said it "might' be legal...BUT... they wouldn't take a chance.

New license was received at Texas local and I have the problem solved. Want to stay legal and thanks for all the help!