Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
pfalz2

Default Hey,Pogo. H&R

Just got off the phone, with a dealer in Tampa. Got a H&R 1871 Buffalo Classic 45-70 government , $328. Have it reserved, so I can pick it up, when I go to eye exam at the VA, next month. Thanks again for the prices quotes you got for me. Best local would order one for was $395.
pfalz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

That's an outstanding price pfalz2. Glad you did some hunting around. Everything I've heard about them has been good.

I shoot a 325 grain bullet with a gas check on it in my Sharps Quigley. I started out with 500 grain, but that was a real shoulder buster to have fun with. You could withstand making one or two shots with that heavy bullet while hunting, but it's not something you would want to shoot a lot of in the same day.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
pfalz2

Can't afford a Sharps, the H&R Buffalo seems scarce right now. Will let you know how it shoots. Need to find some ammo for it, any recommendations on a commercial round?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Commercial ammo is going to be VERY expensive. About the cheapest I've seen is a new brand that Midway USA will be selling soon. http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=912557

300 Grain, box of 20 for $17.99 plus shipping. And that is cheap. Most brands are a lot more expensive.

This is a round you have to reload if you shoot very much of it. I cast my own bullets, and it probably costs me about 25-30 cents a round.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
pfalz2

Thanks, I plan to get into reloading. For now just need some ammo to play with the H&R. Almost a month is going to seem like a loooooong time.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #6
WFO2

Can you post a pic of the 4570 i been wanting one for a while and that seems like a good price .
WFO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #7
WFO2

H&R Buffalo Classic Rifle 45/70 32" . I found this one for like 350 with a 32 inch barrel , looks like it might be the long barreled long range shooter i been looking for . Any thoughts ?

Ammo- 45/70 Government
Stock- Cut-checkered American black walnut with case colored crescent steel buttplate
Finish- Antique color case hardened frame
Barrel- 32"
Sights- Williams receiver sight; Lyman target front sight with 8 aperture inserts
Length- 46"
Length of Pull- 14"
Drop at Comb- 1-3/4"
Drop at Heel- 2-5/8"
Weight 8 lbs
Old 04-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
pfalz2

http://www.hr1871.com/
You can download the catalog, too
Old 04-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

A lot of competitors are using that in SASS long range matches. The only thing they have to change to make it SASS legal is the rear sight.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #10
WFO2

Thanks..........Sure is a nice looking rifle come tax time i might just have to get me one.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 AM   #11
40mmHEDP

Looks like they are out of stock right now, but when they have it this ammo is a good deal.

http://www.outdoormarksman.com/produ...roducts_id=234

I have that same rifle, You'll like it very much.
40mmHEDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:35 AM   #12
pfalz2

Thanks, I bookmarked the page. Everyone seems to like the Buffalo Classic.
Only found one bad report on it, on the internet, and H&R (marlin) set things right.
It will mostly likely be the only new firearm I buy this year.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #13
Sanders

I fondled one of those at the gun shop recently.

It left me having "thoughts" of long range buffalo sillouette shooting.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote