Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > C&R Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

C&R Forum Curio and Relic discussion area

Old 11-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Default Aftermarket muzzlebrake for Mosin

Anyone find a vendor that has a decent muzzlebrake for the Mosin that's of solid construction?
DirtySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
Frogman

You must have a Carbine, lots of flash - I don't know if it would work but you might see if a 30 cal. Ruger ranch rifle clamp on style would work. Centerfire Systems has them for around $17.00 + S/H

"I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of"
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
RTO

You might want to check with this company. I can't vouch for them though.

http://mosinplus.com/Home_Page.php

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #4
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Thanks fellas.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:43 AM   #5
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Snagged the one from Mosinplus, might test her out this week. I'll let y'all know.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #6
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

The muzzlebrake worked like a champ. Coulda fired 60 rds or more. The millet red dot won't hold shit for a zero though.......back to the drawing board......at least the Garand didn't dissapoint.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
twa2471

I've always been leery of those damn "clamp on" , pin on style breaks myself. I've tried several over the years and every one failed,or was showing signs of doing so,some just quicker than others.

I had one on a SKS that came loose and that Fucker,,,

scared the Billy Jesus outa me when a round clipped it and ripped it right off, never found it. Shit went flying every which a way and the break tore a pretty damn deep gouge on the sight and end of the barrel. I got a bit peppered but not bad and didn't get hurt,,,,other than,,,

ALL THE SHIT STAINS IN MY DRAWS !!!

I had a AK one that loosened up too by bending the cheap pins that came with it. But that just shaved a bit of bullet and I noticed it right off.
So Needless to say I don't have much good to say about them. Honestly,, just thread the fucking barrel and get it over with and you'll get better results because the break is true and solidly mounted IMHO, and will be a hell of allot safer in the long run.

I've seen others on other peoples guns that cut a grove in the back of the font sight post/mount a couple times, and you could see definite signs of stress/ metal fatigue and some peeing on the break itself from it sliding around. Unless both surfaces are at the very least, knurled and fit perfect,,there going ta move. 2nd best would be to silver solder it on after its clamped down and running a tight rod put down the barrel through the break . Just to be sure the break is true to the bore first.

But that's just my opinions and experience I've had with them anyhoo
twa2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #8
Airforce1
The Red Bearded Kraut

Like I always say "if you don't like the kick don't stand behind the mule."

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."

III%
Airforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #9
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

I like the kick, but I would like to fire it all day.....
Old 01-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #10
bounce
Senile Member

keep me posted on how the brake works!
and I shot one of those screw around the sight post SKS brakes...it went about 15 feet down range at Saddle Creek....didn't even notice.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #11
whitelightning777

No Commies Here is a simple fix

Have you tried a recoil pad? Here's a link to one from walmart. T.F.E & KISS are the important concepts. So is $$$ & time.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Limbsaver-...31?type=search

This one is medium, but they have a small and a large size as well. Be sure to carefully measure your stock. East bloc guns can have a shorter length of pull than what we are used to in America. Making it longer is another advantage over a muzzle break.

I use one on my M76. It makes the 8mm a pleasure to shoot, even the hot loaded turkish stuff, not exactly a pussy cat with that however. It's still a bit more snappy than my SA-93 of course.

If the gun is used for self defense, the recoil pad might keep you from using the rifle butt as effectively. On the other hand, the bayonet won't be affected which is a plus.

It's not the power of the bullet that causes the problem. It's that hard as hell steel plate, ouch!! Once you install it, it'll be no different than a 308 recoil.
whitelightning777 is offline   Reply With Quote