Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #31
Sanders

Well, his platelets are on the rise again. Uncle Dave is a fighter.

I don't know what is going on in that hospital, what he's thinking. Maybe he was getting lonely and wanted his kids back down there? His wife hasn't left his side, and is actually being paid to be down there as a CNA by her employer.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #32
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Still saying a prayer for him!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #33
Sanders

Update:

Uncle Dave is still in the hospital.

He was doing great for a few days, making platelets without any dialysis or anything. He was up to 150,000 or something like that.

Then, they blew a vein on his IV drip, yesterday and moved it to his neck. Instead of slowing the drip, due to the faster uptake in the neck area, they pretty much just left it running full tilt and it overloaded his system and dang near killed him again, driving his blood platelets down to almost nothing again.

This is the 3rd dang time they've done this. I asked him why he doesn't get himself the hell out of that hospital, because they are treating him like they want him gone -- feet first.

I may cut my vacation I was going to go on to the San Juan Mountains of SW Colorado, near Telluride, Silverton, and Ouray and go down and see him again.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:28 PM   #34
aviator
unum de multis

I'm telling you, hospitals will kill you if you let them.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 PM   #35
slug

He needs to be in a real hospital instead of

that Roach Motel.

Prayers ongoing
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:20 AM   #36
4thIDvet
slug

Sanders one word for a solution to Dave's treatment "lawyer." I was in a hospital in Conn. after a bad car accident. One of my lawyer cousins stopped in to see me on a visit.
Honest to God one hour after he left I had every Dr. in the hospital coming in and asking if everything was o.k., can we do anything for you?
Drs. can spot a lawyer coming from the parking lot. Lawyer.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #37
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Sanders one word for a solution to Dave's treatment "lawyer." I was in a hospital in Conn. after a bad car accident. One of my lawyer cousins stopped in to see me on a visit.
Honest to God one hour after he left I had every Dr. in the hospital coming in and asking if everything was o.k., can we do anything for you?
Drs. can spot a lawyer coming from the parking lot. Lawyer.
He has a lawyer for the initial screw up that got him in this mess, to begin with.

He needs one advocating for him every day there, it seems.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:21 PM   #38
Sanders

I just got home. Went down to El Paso to see Uncle Dave get on an ambulance to a hospital in Albuquerque. I took him a large print Bible, and a puzzle book, as he had nothing to read or do all this time. No wonder he was getting so depressed. He doesn't really read anything except the Bible, anymore. Otherwise, I would have taken him a stack of paperback books, too.

As soon as he arrived, he started receiving better care. I can't believe how much they neglected him in El Paso. I am wondering if they didn't have some kind of "understanding" with the hospital in Silver City, where the problems originated, and were trying to do him in.

Malpractice awards are not as high if the patient has expired, you know.

I took a couple days to get back up to Albuquerque -- traveling the back roads and exploring some of the state along the way.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:27 PM   #39
slug

I hope that your Uncle is in better hands now.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:49 PM   #40
kostner

Hang in their Uncle Dave we are praying for you.
kostner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:03 PM   #41
Sanders

I haven't given you all an update for a while, so here it is:

Uncle Dave has been moved from critical care to a nursing unit across town from the hospital. Lucky for me, it is right along my route to and from work, so I am able to stop in more frequently. It is still a hospital facility, but is more focused on rehab.

His platelet count has now gone too high, but then drops back down to normal. When it gets too high, they worry about blood clots.

He's been walking to the therapy gym and back to his room.

They gave him a discharge date of Sept. 26th, if everything keeps going well.

He'll be "sneaking" (with prior knowledge of his docs) out on Saturday to attend my cousin's (his son's) wedding, but will have to be back right after the wedding and cannot attend the reception. I believe I will have to take him back in order to get out of the reception, too.

Again, thank you all for your prayers. They really do work.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #42
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Excellent! Thanks for the report!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #43
slug

Good Deal...
Old 09-16-2015, 02:19 PM   #44
aviator
unum de multis

Good news.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:30 PM   #45
Sanders

Uncle Dave went home, yesterday.

I stopped by before he left the hospital, and he was already dressed and ready to head out the door. His wife still has some leave left, and will be staying home to take care of him until the end of October. She has not left his side during this whole time, except for a short period to go home and pay bills, then come right back. She was living in the hospital room, sleeping on a love seat beside his bed.

Again, I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers. They truly do have power.

He'll be doing his followup medical care through the VA. He doesn't want to give those other doctors another chance to kill him.