Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
Tatmike

Default Taurus?

Thinking about buying a Taurus Judge in 410/45 colt w/3" barrel. I have read several reviews and not sure why I want one other then I don't have one. Wife wanted to know if I wanted every gun and I explained I want one of most everything and more then one of the real good stuff. Any thoughts or experience with this gun? Thanks in advance.
Tatmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
AKWARRIOR
Gone

No experience with the Judge but I wouldn't mind having one.Make a nice camp or night stand gun I'm sure.I have 2 newer generation Taurus revolvers and the quality & reliability is excellent.Remember that lifetime warranty to.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

I've read a couple of reports on them, and they were quite favorable. I'm not a big Taurus fan myself, but I would like to get one of those one of these days.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

Taurus revolvers are very much like S&W revolvers... just not quite as well built, in my opinion. They look a hell of a lot like S&W's. I had a Taurus .44mag that I just nearly shot to pieces, and I don't suspect I'll own another Taurus that I would ever regularly shoot.

The Judge does look tempting, doesn't it ? There's just something cool about a .410 revolver. I thought about getting one, but that's waaaay down the list. I would be awfully tempted to get a holster for it, and carry it on the tractor to shoot rats and snakes with.

Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
lunicy
Staring down the barrell

My taurus is 12 years old and must have had a zillion rounds through it. It still fires like new. I like taurus. Never had a prob with a taurus at all. That judge does look good doesn't it.
lunicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
silverchicken
Happiness is a warm gun..

Never really cared for Taurus pistols, but I have had my eye on the Judge, its on my list to get hopefully within the next year, If I can work it into the budget....

Mao Tse Tung

Press 1 for English, Press 2 for disconnect......
silverchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
Gewehrnut
Beer Snob

I'd like to give the Judge a try. Like Moon said, there's just something cool about a .410 revolver.

'Course, I want a .460 XVR and a .500S&W, too.

"It is inexcusable that 4 million NRA members bear the weight for 80 million gun owners and 20 million hunters." - John C. Sigler

Working on a classic Trans Am gives you license to tell your wife, "Shut your pie hole, I'm going to work on the Bandit!"
Gewehrnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #8
cheezytwang
Gunsmith

with the lifetime warranty, you really can't lose. plus: 6 round rotarty shotgun in 410 in a pocket sized package? bein able to practice with 45lc? i want one!

Get ready.
cheezytwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
Gewehrnut
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezytwang
with the lifetime warranty, you really can't lose. plus: 6 round rotarty shotgun in 410 in a pocket sized package? bein able to practice with 45lc? i want one!
Now that's the perfect way to look at it, cheezy! Makes me want one even more.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #10
Broncodarts

There is a 3" Ultra-Lite model. That sounds interesting enough.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #11
silverchicken
Happiness is a warm gun..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncodarts
There is a 3" Ultra-Lite model. That sounds interesting enough.

I think I would stick with the standard model, the extra weight would help with the recoil from the .410
silverchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #12
Gewehrnut
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverchicken
I think I would stick with the standard model, the extra weight would help with the recoil from the .410
Yeah, but 3" will fit into your pocket better. Besides, I'm thinking the noticeable difference would be negligible. Of course, I weigh 350#.