Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Computer Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Computer Forum For questions and conversations about Computers and the Internet

Old 06-03-2018, 08:13 AM   #1
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Thumbs up 10 Tips on How to Identify a Phishing or Spoofing Email

https://blog.returnpath.com/10-tips-...fing-email-v2/

Quote:
Phishing attacks are more rampant than ever before, rising by more than 162 percent from 2010 to 2014. They cost organizations around the globe $4.5 billion every year and over half of internet users get at least one phishing email per day.
Good information...

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #2
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

A lot of people don't understand that there isn't any risk to open an email, the risk is clicking on links in an email.

If there is any doubt as to where the link will send you in an email, hover your cursor over the link and the real link will appear at the bottom of your computer display. The same thing holds true to links on internet websites.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
4thIDvet
slug

Not kidding I have an 828 FICO credit score. I worked hard to pay bills that I owed all my life before any pleasure fun expenditure. Like mom said you owe pay.
Not so much E-mails but phone calls like the one yesterday.
"You have 4 companies looking for you with past due bills. Please call this number and we can help you."
Yeah right hold on I will get right back wid yahs. Hello Lifelock?
Old 06-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

Be very careful with what you click on. Even if you get an email from your bank, do not click on it. Go and log into your bank account or call them up but do not click on any emails.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #5
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Be very careful with what you click on. Even if you get an email from your bank, do not click on it. Go and log into your bank account or call them up but do not click on any emails.
Yes. I never click on an email link to my bank or paypal, etc.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #6
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

Every month I get an email from my bank telling me that my monthly statement is available to view. They include a warning saying never click on any email links, then they have a link that says click here to log in and view it on line.
Never have figured out why they put in that link and then tell you not to use it.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:51 AM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Interesting as my bank when I pulled it up on the computer this morning and E-mail came up asking for my social security number and debit card numbers.
Signed off without doing it of course signed back in with no E-mail and no problems. Coincidence I just spotted your post Fred.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote