Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Thumbs up Put in a search for a Citadel 45 compact

Just called my FFL to see if he can find one.Appear to be sold out at many online places.Hes gonna check back with me later today or tommorow after doing a search.

Heard a lot of good about these Armscor 45's.All the owners seem to be really happy with them.The Citadel is from the same OEM.I didn't wanna spend $900 on a compact 1911.Should be about $500 out the door when I pick it up.Always wanted a compact to compliment my government model.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Railbuggy

Centerfire has it in RockIsland flavor.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbuggy View Post
Centerfire has it in RockIsland flavor.
They are both the same gun made by the same maker.Good thing about the Citadel is it has Novak sights.The RRA has pinned,I dont want another 1911 with pinned sights.Already got one.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
DorGunR

Smile

Colt
Colt
Colt

DorGunR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorGunR View Post
Colt
Colt
Colt

10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Thumbs up

I just got back from taking it out and giving it a workout.It digested both FMJ and JHP with no issues whatsoever.I am pretty impressed with it.At 15 yards it was dead on target.No adjustments will have to be made.I added a pearce finger grooved rubber sleeve to the front that goes under the wood grips.Some say these ACT 7rd mags from Italy that they come with have issues but I experienced no problems and the ACT mags are actually supplied with new S&W and Novak 1911's.The Wolff mags are also made in italy and probably the same.

For years some critics have said a lot of negative things about the officer model 1911's.I gotta say that those bad experiences back in the beginning were probably due to the fact that they were chopped up government models.Some say that the 45acp out of a 3.5" barrel leaves a lot to be desired.Well IMHO I think it works just fine.Its just as accurate and reliable as my government.Its now my daily carry piece.Should of got one a lot sooner.Very happy with it,Big thumbs up.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Used to have a S&W Minigun that looked a lot like that one.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Thumbs up

My son has a Citadel 4" 1911-A1. He bought a pair of custom made grips for it and dressed it up nicely. Never a hiccup with it either. I was sceptical until I put my first round through the pipe. I'd buy one!

He picked up his for $500+tax otd at http://www.scheelssports.com/ in Mankato. They had 4-5 different Citadel's in the case when he got his.

His Citadel is on the left and my two Springfield's are center (my carry gun) & right (wife's carry gun).

Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:22 AM   #9
Rew

I understand what you are saying AKW, but it is not a 3.5" barrel. Legally it is, but that includes the chamber. At best you have a 2.5" rifled barrel. Choregraphe it and let me know what velocity you get.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #10
WFO2

Nice Officers 1911 officers models for sure. I think I'll stick with my Springfield green framed Champion ( commander model ) .
WFO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #11
Sanders

You might want to experiment with some 185 gr. bullets, in the future. I know I get better accuracy out of my Detonics Combatmaster with the lighter bullet.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #12
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
You might want to experiment with some 185 gr. bullets, in the future. I know I get better accuracy out of my Detonics Combatmaster with the lighter bullet.

Thanks,

Ill try them out.