Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Shotguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 12-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
fabber39

Default Browning A-5 " LIGHT TWELVE "

Picked one up this weekend. My older brother was in a financial bind, and had to help him out. Lent him $300.00, and told him if he felt like it he could pay me back, but didn't have too. He handed me a gun case, and said to take it, and not give him any lip. I opened it up, and there was a Browning A-5 " LIGHT TWELVE " 28" mod. vent rib. I checked the date, and it's a 1982 japaneese model. He bought it off of someone at a gun show years ago, and never shot it. He uses his Belgum made A-5 to hunt with. The person who had it before him tried to refinish it, and did a hassalf job on it. Gonna take her down , and try to clean her up.
Finally got me an A-5, might be a jap model, but it's a BROWNING A-5.
thought i'd let ya'll know !!!!!!!

the fabber39
fabber39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Gus

Damn ... that's a nice shotgun
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Somehow, my brother ended up with my dad's Remington Model 11 (same thing as an A-5) and he refuses to give it up. This one was handed down to my dad back in '73 after my Grandpa died. My dad said that grandpa had it ever since he could remember.

So I've been looking for a Model 11 for myself. Of all the shotguns I've handled and brought up to my shoulder, an A-5 or Model 11 just 'lines up perfectly'!

They're very nice shotguns!
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Sanders

I have a Model 11 that my great-uncle carried in the Korean War.

The barrel has the firebomb stamp, but someone put a Polychoke on it at one time. My Grandpa (who my Uncle gave the gun to) had a full choke barrel fitted to the gun.

I used to use it for quail hunting, but someone disassembled it and put something together wrong because it kicks like a mule, now. I believe there is a ring that if it is put in wrong will make it kick harder.

It gets real interesting when the gun doubles.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
fabber39

Browning A-5, Remmy mod. 11, & savage mod. 720, all the same, probably, interchangable parts, possible. Hey sanders look up the friction ring settings for the browning A-5 , possible the friction rings are set wrong causing it to slam hard against your shoulder.
the fabber39
Old 12-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Surly

Here you go: http://media.browning.com/pdf/om/auto5_light_om_s.pdf
Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
fabber39

I got that manuel downloaded to my desktop. Very informative.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

Is it a Miroku (Japan) Browning ??

Please do not make the mistake of thinking the Miroko shotgun is a pile of shit. A lot of the Mirokus are better-made than the originals that they copied. You did great !!

Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #9
fabber39

OH !!!!! I ain't complaining ! I love it !! I have a 5 day off weekend coming up, and I plan to use it. Man ! she sure shoulders really nice !!!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
2rogers

i know some folks may be a bit fickle, but as far as i can tell, the japaneese manufactured browning rifles and shotguns are first class all the way. picked up a citori special skeet high rib a few days ago, spotless japaneese with adjustable LOP. fit & finish is too good to be true. cant wait to warm up, hopeing its a keeper.
2rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #11
Sanders

I had a Charles Daly O/U that was made by Miroku, which I'd set beside any of the fine Italian shotguns and not be ashamed.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
dinkydow

I have looked at a number of the Japanese produced Browning shotguns. They seemed to be VERY WELL and finely machined with perfect fit and finish. Better, I think, than the Belgian Brownings. The Japanese know how to use machine tools to make things. Fact.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote