Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 04-10-2019, 04:36 PM   #16
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post
People from the midwest have a hard time appreciating just how hard it can rain out here.....I have been caught in a bad rainstorm just once......I was hiking in oak creek canyon in the summer and i just climbed to the high ground and went into a cave and rhode it out.
I remember vividly my grandpa telling us never to play in the washes around their cabin in the Johnson Valley. We did anyhow, until we saw how fast they can become death traps. There was one of those "gullywashers" what seemed a pretty fair distance away that filled the wash behind the cabin, and it filled fast.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #17
buzgun
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
I remember vividly my grandpa telling us never to play in the washes around their cabin in the Johnson Valley. We did anyhow, until we saw how fast they can become death traps. There was one of those "gullywashers" what seemed a pretty fair distance away that filled the wash behind the cabin, and it filled fast.

Brian
A couple of years ago a entire family camping in a wash got killed because of a isolated rain storm in the mountains miles away from them.

They were consumed by a dirty tidal wave of muddy water and branches.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:44 PM   #18
remus

I think you see the snakes in the neighborhood because it's a little cooler and there is water. They love water, it's one of their favorite things. Out in the hinterlands all they got is a bush to get under or a rock. Everything's hot.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #19
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post
A couple of years ago a entire family camping in a wash got killed because of a isolated rain storm in the mountains miles away from them.

They were consumed by a dirty tidal wave of muddy water and branches.
Bring to mind an incident I experienced while riding a bike across S.Arizona.

Down a shallow valley I could see a cops lights at the very bottom by a concrete bridge over a gully.

He was talking to cars approaching and when it became my turn he asked me if I lived 'back there' or was I traveling through.
I told him I was on my way to California.
He told me to carry on because this bridge might not be her in a little while.

I look up canyon and there's a dust cloud coming this way, it was about a mile away at the time.
I put the bike in gear and cruised up the little grade a ways and pulled over.
Watched that cloud of dust as it came closer.
The cop had put up barriers and was stopping all traffic by this time.

The leading edge of the flood was a flotsam of mud, twigs, branches, logs and worst of all it was also composed of boulders being carried by the flood.

The leading edge of the flood was over the bridge just seconds after hitting it and you could see the boulders pilling up and going over the road.

I stayed there until it finally settled down and the bridge was really gone.
Those rocks had blasted it and the water had carried it off down stream.

NOBODY could have survived that flood it they had been caught in it.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #20
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
Bring to mind an incident I experienced while riding a bike across S.Arizona.

Down a shallow valley I could see a cops lights at the very bottom by a concrete bridge over a gully.

He was talking to cars approaching and when it became my turn he asked me if I lived 'back there' or was I traveling through.
I told him I was on my way to California.
He told me to carry on because this bridge might not be her in a little while.

I look up canyon and there's a dust cloud coming this way, it was about a mile away at the time.
I put the bike in gear and cruised up the little grade a ways and pulled over.
Watched that cloud of dust as it came closer.
The cop had put up barriers and was stopping all traffic by this time.

The leading edge of the flood was a flotsam of mud, twigs, branches, logs and worst of all it was also composed of boulders being carried by the flood.

The leading edge of the flood was over the bridge just seconds after hitting it and you could see the boulders pilling up and going over the road.

I stayed there until it finally settled down and the bridge was really gone.
Those rocks had blasted it and the water had carried it off down stream.

NOBODY could have survived that flood it they had been caught in it.
Seeing the state of AZ on a motorcycle is something i always wanted to do.....a fellow could go to places you just cant reach in a car or even a 4-WD vehicle....And is a totally different experience
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #21
buzgun
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by remus View Post
I think you see the snakes in the neighborhood because it's a little cooler and there is water. They love water, it's one of their favorite things. Out in the hinterlands all they got is a bush to get under or a rock. Everything's hot.
Tobe honest....I think there are more rats in the neighborhood that live in sewers....and this is the reason im seeing all the snakes.

The rats out here are about the same size as a field mouse would be to someone from the midwest .
buzgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #22
Sanders

There are some pretty good flash flood videos on youtube if a person is inclined to search for them.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote