Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 06-29-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up 1700s Antique German Jaeger Flintlock Rifle with Set Trigger

"Here we present an antique Germanic Jaeger Flintlock Rifle, made circa the 18th century. What is now recognized as the Jaeger type of rifle, goes back to at least the early 17th century. It is characterized by its short overall length, robust octagonal barrel and usually a substantial butt stock with raised cheek pieces and a patch box. This made it very handy to carry and load for the forester or hunter where it originated in the Hesse and Bavaria regions of Germany. In fact, the jaeger was very influential in the design of what is now considered the American (Kentucky/Pennsylvania) Long Rifle.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gun...n_id=100873296

Very interesting accurate rifle for the 1700s. I watched a video of the shooter hitting a target at 200 meters the size of a basketball with consistency.
300 meters a man size target was no problem. The original SBR carbine of the day I guess? They show a few of them in the Netflix series "Turn."
Appears it was the basis for the Kentucky Long rifle.
$3,350 damn I wish I wasn't broke.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #2
slug

That thing might knock a guy down

if he shot it...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #3
baboon
slug

Ever looked at this web site
http://www.jeremiahjohnsontrading.com
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
"Here we present an antique Germanic Jaeger Flintlock Rifle, made circa the 18th century. What is now recognized as the Jaeger type of rifle, goes back to at least the early 17th century. It is characterized by its short overall length, robust octagonal barrel and usually a substantial butt stock with raised cheek pieces and a patch box. This made it very handy to carry and load for the forester or hunter where it originated in the Hesse and Bavaria regions of Germany. In fact, the jaeger was very influential in the design of what is now considered the American (Kentucky/Pennsylvania) Long Rifle.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gun...n_id=100873296

Very interesting accurate rifle for the 1700s. I watched a video of the shooter hitting a target at 200 meters the size of a basketball with consistency.
300 meters a man size target was no problem. The original SBR carbine of the day I guess? They show a few of them in the Netflix series "Turn."
Appears it was the basis for the Kentucky Long rifle.
$3,350 damn I wish I wasn't broke.
Ammo should be easy to get for that beast.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #5
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post

Brian
Yep, ya roll your own, right down the barrel.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:47 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Holy sheet that is one of those auctions where they sell their auction catalog for more than I make in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post

Brian
Brian the video I watched on the weapon due to the precise accuracy of it each one came with its own bullet mold to ensure accuracy. Slight variations taken into account.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:36 AM   #7
twin50

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Wow..holy smoke...thanks for the drool page...what a wonderful history on my favorite era firearms...
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #8
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin50 View Post
Wow..holy smoke...thanks for the drool page...what a wonderful history on my favorite era firearms...
Came across it by accident. Not something that interests me, but I figured someone here would enjoy it.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #9
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
Yep, ya roll your own, right down the barrel.
Just hammer a block of lead down it.

Quote:
Brian the video I watched on the weapon due to the precise accuracy of it each one came with its own bullet mold to ensure accuracy. Slight variations taken into account.
It would be real interesting to shoot it, which I would. They look like they would be very accurate.

Brian
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:59 AM   #10
10 Bears

Quote:

Many hand built rifles and pistols came with their own 'accurate' bullet mold.
The bore varied with makers and their tools.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #11
dinkydow

Original American Revolutionary War French Flintlock Musket
$2,995.00

http://www.ima-usa.com/original-amer...ntent=20170701

Original Item: Only One Available. Originally manufactured in France about 1740 this commercially made fowling piece is in .62 caliber. The original barrel length was 50" barreled with overall length at approximately 67”. However once George Washington started organizing the Continental Army to oppose the British this musket was pressed into military service. Therefore, the barrel was reduced to 43" making the overall length 59". The musket's early 1740 period lock was updated with a French 1763 lock and a military style side plate was fitted.

The brass mounts are just as they were from the 1740s manufacture. The lock plate is externally no longer marked however across the brass butt plate tang it has been engraved by using a pin punch: S.O. 1791 almost certainly the initials of the owner with the date he acquired it.

As it happens almost an identical musket, not shortened for military service, is illustrated on page 209 of George Neumann's BATTLE WEAPONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION and was part of the owner's collection.

Offered in very nice condition. The gun is mechanically functional and has a lovely, unaltered look to it overall. These guns saw service on both sides during the war. Original flintlock Revolutionary War muskets are rarely found in such a nice state of preservation and this is one musket than any serious collector would be glad to add to their collection of Colonial era arms.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #12
10 Bears

Smooth bore, .62 would be what, an 18 gauge?
I have a .69 that is 14 gauge.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #13
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up

Super nice good find thank you. I would love to hit the buy button but best pay this one off first.
Now I have a few 18th and 19th cent. Trader rifles. First one I paid $100 for at a flea market. Local fun shows a guys is selling them for around $600 negotiable? Hitting some of the auction sites I see some for around $2,000.
He gets them out west and hits the Florida shows here in central Florida. If they sell for the higher amounts hell I may grab a few and roll them?

"No gun in American history had such widespread use as the Northwest trade gun. This smooth bore, fowling piece, or single barrel shotgun was used more than all the Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Hawken rifles put together (Klisinger)."

http://thefurtrapper.com/home/indian-trade-guns/

Cheap gun of the day that went bang but worked.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote