Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Default Yes No thinking about grabbing this Charleville 1780 American revolution pistol?

FRENCH Antique CHARLEVILLE 1777 Flintlock Pistol American Revolutionary War Dated “(17)80”

https://ancestryguns.com/shop/french...eid=ca82d0d460

.69 caliber so ammo would be consistent with my 1760s French and Indian wars musket. My credit is above the excellent grade and offers are flowing in for interest free loans for 1 year.
$5,000 for the musket and 3 more interest free month payments and that is over and paid off. I like to pay cash when I have the money but hell interest free loans are fine with me.
Oh God let me have a few beers and probably hit the frigging buy button. Getting old falling apart and I can't take it with me.
Next when their paid I will contact to help me find a full auto transferable Thompson.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #2
4thIDvet
slug

Default Hey buz you and Rick check this Colt out?

You or Rick maybe mentioned buying an old Colt forget who was looking?

CIVIL WAR Antique COLT Model 1860 ARMY Revolver Made in 1862 in Hartford, Connecticut

https://ancestryguns.com/shop/civil-...eid=ca82d0d460

Nice guy at Ancestry Guns. He stays super straight up on the quality of the weapons he sells. This down to the slightest hair line crack or original parts replacements.
I am checking my lottery number right now if I hit I am grabbing this one to.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
FRENCH Antique CHARLEVILLE 1777 Flintlock Pistol American Revolutionary War Dated “(17)80”
Always liked the .69-.70 muskets and rifles, but never developed an appreciation for the pistols in those calibers. The exception being the Dragoon with removable shoulder stock.
CIVIL WAR Antique COLT Model 1860 ARMY Revolver Made in 1862 in Hartford, Connecticut
I am checking my lottery number right now if I hit I am grabbing this one to. [/QUOTE]
That's a good price and would pick it up in a heartbeat if I hadn't just gone for three toys for me and my guys, plus a Jeep and a Sportster for my wife and I.
Good luck with that lottery thing.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
buzgun
slug

I dont know enough about antique colts to avoid getting burned by a fake, or one that has been worked over and had its parts replaced by some clever artist... to take a chance.

There are plenty of them for sale at the Phoenix shows that look to me to have had their grips replaced, parts replaced with new ones that have been "antiqued" etc.

I would almost rather trust buying one that was for sale in a pawn shop than at a gun show.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #5
Sanders

Looks like this one auctioned off today - https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...alker-revolver
Quote:
Extremely Well-Documented, Historic and Iconic Only Known Original Cased Colt Civilian Walker Percussion Revolver, Known as "The Danish Sea Captain Walker"

Exceptionally fine, totally original. The barrel retains 60% original bright blue finish, the back strap retains 50% original blue finish, and traces of original case colors remain on the hammer, frame, and loading lever, with the balance a smooth gray patina. There is some minor pitting, heavier on the right side of the barrel lug. All of the original cylinder scene remains. The markings are clear. The brass trigger guard has an untouched appearance. The grip is fine showing some minor scratches. Mechanically excellent. The case is very good showing a slightly wrapped lid and some minor handling/storage marks. The case is missing a left closure hook, and the faded lining has some insect damage and wear. Not bad for a case that was buried in garden to keep it hidden from the Nazis! The powder flask has a small dent near the top and retains 70% original brown lacquer. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own an intriguing, well-documented Colt revolver and a milestone moment in the history of Colt firearms collecting. This revolver has all of the historical significance, rarity, and provenance one dreams of finding! Where else will you find a Colt firearm documented by Samuel Colt himself! Provenance: Niels Hanson and his descendants, Robert Halter, Larry Sheerin, Herb Glass, Sr., R.E. Hable, William Foxley, and Robert M. Lee

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:32 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Lot 60: Cased Colt Model Colt Civilian Walker Revolver

Sanders I am guessing the bidding on that started at damn close to a mil. $$ ??. Bidding was like today and through the next few days so I want to see what that one went for??
My God like the Woolworth collection that auctioned off holy sheet that was and incredible collection of fine weapons Woolworth "From the stores" Woolworth.
I have two old catalogs here from the 1950s 60s "Miami Museum of Historical Arms and Cutlery." Colts, Civil war, American revolution arms, Knight in Armor gear, swords, etc. etc.
You would get sick looking at the prices. $35.00 for old early 1800s Colts pistols just on and on low prices. But a hard working construction laborer in the 1950s was probably taking home maybe $75 a week??
So I guess everything is relative? Oh my God my lottery ticket now where did I put that damn thing.???????
Old 04-14-2018, 12:20 AM   #7
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

Forget the Frog's gun, 4th - here's a link to an opportunity for you to invest some of
your hidden wealth in a very reasonably priced, collectible Colt Single action.

I can just see you popping a few 'gators with this beauty.

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/su...imfire-c10150/
Old 04-14-2018, 12:54 AM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

Holy sheet Rick I am still looking for the damn ticket. Damn I hope I didn't toss it?
Old 04-14-2018, 02:42 AM   #9
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post
I can just see you popping a few 'gators with this beauty.
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/su...imfire-c10150/
I think someone should do some brillo-ing on this thing and shine it up a bit.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #10
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
I think someone should do some brillo-ing on this thing and shine it up a bit.
cerberus
Good thinking and get all that old damn stuff their calling "patina" or some damn thing off of it. Probably be worth a hell of a lot more after she hits the buffer?
Wonder why someone would own that beautiful Colt Rick posted for $200,000 and not spend a lousy few dollars and spray paint it flat black? That could look like a real Hollyweird cowboy gun?
Old 04-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #11
RetVet
Statistical Error

Ancestry guns stuff are overpriced. There are better deals out there.