Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2018, 05:49 PM   #1
aviator
unum de multis

Default XD-E in .45 acp

While at the range the other day I saw one, I handled it, I liked it. I liked it a lot and at $539 IIRC it wasn't bad at all.

Stop Fred, sales are flat.

Maybe....
Temptation.....

Did I say I liked it?
Old 04-11-2018, 06:05 PM   #2
Sanders

I went out looking for one today, but couldn't find one in any of my favorite gun shops. One place had a used XD-E 9mm for ~$450, and I really liked the way it felt. If the .45 feels just as good, then we're in business.

The main reason I am looking is for my father-in-law. His shoulder doesn't have the power he used to have after rotator cuff surgery, and the slide on his XD45 is pretty difficult for him to manipulate. Springfield was advertising that the slide on the E models is 30% easier to work than the striker fired XD's.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

I handled both, there is no difference. They feel good in my hand and I really liked it. You can use it as a DA for the first shot, if he pulls the hammer back it's even easier to pull the slide, then decock it and he's ready to go with one in the pipe.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:20 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Stop Fred, sales are flat.
Maybe....
Temptation.....
Fred FRED don't wake up this is the Mr. Sand Man coming to you in your sleep relax. Breath in breath out relax. Now you know you want that pistol right?
Tomorrow when you wake up you are going to the fun shop before you go to work you will buy it oh yes you will. Mr. Sand Man has secretly put a "Buy Now" order in your brain.
You will not be able to concentrate on anything but that weapon you like. Resistance is futile. Have the sales clerk make up a slip for around $50 and leave it in the box.
When your pretty wife spots it and oh you bet money she will. "Oh Fred what a great deal you got on that purchase I am so proud of you."
Now go back to sleep and post picts. tomorrow of your purchase. This post will not be here when you wake up.
Breath in breath out sleeeeeeeeeeep.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:26 AM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Fred FRED don't wake up this is the Mr. Sand Man coming to you in your sleep relax. Breath in breath out relax. Now you know you want that pistol right?
Tomorrow when you wake up you are going to the fun shop before you go to work you will buy it oh yes you will. Mr. Sand Man has secretly put a "Buy Now" order in your brain.
You will not be able to concentrate on anything but that weapon you like. Resistance is futile. Have the sales clerk make up a slip for around $50 and leave it in the box.
When your pretty wife spots it and oh you bet money she will. "Oh Fred what a great deal you got on that purchase I am so proud of you."
Now go back to sleep and post picts. tomorrow of your purchase. This post will not be here when you wake up.
Breath in breath out sleeeeeeeeeeep.
I had nightmares/
Old 04-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #6
dhr
Banned

Been wanting an XD in .45 for a while, love the way it feels in the hand.

Need to check out the E model.

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” -Lord Byron
dhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #7
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post

https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...e-stack-45acp/
Old 04-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #8
4thIDvet
slug

Question

Fred is this what your looking for? Not sure if its price wise a good deal for yah but I just spotted it.
Not a super high end AR but hell it ain't bad?

PSA 16" Carbine-Length Classic Freedom Rifle, Gray & Springfield XDS .45 ACP Pistol, Gray

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...=11%3a00+Email

MSRP on the S model is $549 without some sale going on? So that would put the AR around $250 at the PSA offer? Hell for that cost you can give it to David Hog as a gift.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #9
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post

I carry a full size XD45 in a Crossbreed Supertuck every day. It is comfortable enough for me, and conceals nicely. Loaded with 13+1 of .45 ACP, it is still lighter than the 1911A1 with more firepower in hand. I started carrying it every day after my encounter at a rest area with a couple van loads of wetbacks - and I was the only gringo there.

I also have an XD9 that can hold 20 rounds of 9mm in the same size package as the .45. But I subscribe to "big holes let in more air" theory.

I like the E model. Just wish they made it in the full size pistol. After handling the 9mm and seeing how much easier the slide is to rack, I think my father in law may be interested in one, as well.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #10
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Fred is this what your looking for? Not sure if its price wise a good deal for yah but I just spotted it.
Not a super high end AR but hell it ain't bad?

PSA 16" Carbine-Length Classic Freedom Rifle, Gray & Springfield XDS .45 ACP Pistol, Gray

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...=11%3a00+Email

MSRP on the S model is $549 without some sale going on? So that would put the AR around $250 at the PSA offer? Hell for that cost you can give it to David Hog as a gift.
Not a bad deal but no, My AR's are Colt and the XD is an XD-E with a hammer, new on the market. I like Colt, S&W, Remington and stuff that's original design, not copies. I'm not a collector but I like name brand original tools.

I like those Springfield side tools but I like to see a hammer on the rear, they finally came out with it.