Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Gardening, Animal Husbandry, and Yard Care
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 02-17-2022, 04:45 PM   #1
ColonelKorn
High Priest of Honkydom

Default Planted Peaches Today

My brother got hold of me this morning and asked if he should snag some peach trees while he was at the farm supply. He got 2 Hale Haven and 2 Bell of Georgia trees and I planted them in one of our multiple orchard areas. I now have a total of 9 peach trees for sme good future eating.
Old 02-17-2022, 07:50 PM   #2
Sanders

I planted a dwarf peach tree about 15 years ago, and it has never even blossomed. Probably at too high an elevation for it, but dang if Colorado doesn't grow some of the best peaches I've ever eaten out near Palisades, and when I was a kid we lived on Orchard Mesa, near Grand Junction, which is almost the same elevation as where I live now, and it was known for producing some of the best peaches anywhere - the size of softballs.

Cherry trees do alright. Apple trees do great one year, and not so great other years - the late freezes are brutal to fruit trees here.

In the 20 years since I planted my plum tree, it is over 20 ft. high and has only produced 2 plums, and the cat knocked one of those off before it got ripe enough to eat.

I'm not a very good tree farmer, I reckon. It also doesn't help that our water is like cement water. If it were any harder, my pipes would solidify. I'm rambling, because I'm envious and really, really love to eat a bunch of peaches!

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:35 PM   #3
ColonelKorn
High Priest of Honkydom

I canned 40 pint jars one year when I had the time to peel and slice them. I eat a lot off the tree and share with little old ladies I know
ColonelKorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 09:33 PM   #4
aviator
unum de multis

Nothing like fresh peaches off the trees.
Old 02-18-2022, 02:12 PM   #5
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

My favorite pie and ice cream are made with peaches.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:39 AM   #6
Anna Embry

Default Planted Peaches Today

Plant Peach tree is good as I have two peaches tree in my garden and both are growing great. From last year I started to have a sweet and fresh peaches from these.

It require lot efforts but It is amazing to see your plant buddies grow.
Anna Embry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:45 AM   #7
aviator
unum de multis

Welcome to the Bunker Anna, we need more females who can stand our talk.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote