Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
Sanders

Default Corned Beef Hash is a Great Riff on a Classic St. Patrick’s Day Dish

The Irish side of me does not particularly care for traditional corned beef and cabbage. I find it too bland and greasy.

I do like corned beef hash. Here's a fancy recipe for preparing it that looks pretty good.

Quote:
In the eyes of many, corned beef is a staple of Irish cuisine thanks to Ireland’s role in the production of corned beef for trade purposes centuries ago. While they themselves did not traditionally eat corned beef in Ireland (it was cost prohibitive to do so), the Irish that came to America ended up eating it because, as it turns out, corned beef was the salted meat product they could afford.

Every year around St. Patrick’s Day, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a store or Irish pub that isn’t serving up a heaping plate of the salt-cured meat. Great on its own (if you’re a fan of salt), corned beef really shines when paired with vegetables that help balance the rich flavor of the meat.
https://www.themanual.com/food-and-d...f-hash-recipe/

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:10 PM   #2
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

For drunken mik day.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
baboon
slug

And if you don't want to wait another 3 months for the store to takedown the corned beef you can use leftover roast beef!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #4
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
And if you don't want to wait another 3 months for the store to takedown the corned beef you can use leftover roast beef!
I usually get the corned beef on sale and throw a few in the freezer for when the mood strikes. Or, I'll smoke it and make pastrami.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #5
JD Miller
Fake Member

Ive eaten Corned Beef Hash from a can a few times,,, Good stuff but taste but a greasy taste, seems like it would clog your arteries real fast
Old 03-15-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
Ive eaten Corned Beef Hash from a can a few times,,, Good stuff but taste but a greasy taste, seems like it would clog your arteries real fast
This morning the wife slept in, & I notice a can of roast beef hash in the pantry. The dawg though it might be his because he sat watching it cook. No where the grease thats in canned corned beef hash. Not as salty either because it not corned.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #7
Sanders

Roast beef hash is way better than corned beef hash.

Trader Joe's used to sell roast beef hash in pouches that were like MRE's. It was really great to take camping.

I have a corned beef brisket thawing. I'll be turning it into hash using the recipe I posted, and eat it with the poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. I'll forgo the Irish Soda bread, though.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #8
RetVet
Statistical Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
Canned corned beef hash and a quality canned dog food. Not positive on the taste, but they both smell the same.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:23 AM   #9
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post

Trader Joe's used to sell roast beef hash in pouches that were like MRE's. It was really great to take camping.

I have a corned beef brisket thawing. I'll be turning it into hash using the recipe I posted, and eat it with the poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. I'll forgo the Irish Soda bread, though.
With Hollandaise! That's even pushing my limit of unhealthy. Only thing I ever had hollandaise sauce on was artichokes, eggs or asparagus.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:35 AM   #10
BBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post

Mary Kitchen Roast Beef Hash is my favorite. With a onion cut up in it and a couple eggs on top!!
BBill is online now   Reply With Quote