Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Chaplains Corner
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Chaplains Corner A place to discuss religion, personal problems, or to request advise from someone who will listen and provide moral support.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:55 PM   #16
Bluntforce
slug

Dog

John 14:2 My Father’s House has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that? I go to prepare a place for you.

Why could you not have dogs in your own room?

In the original Twilight Zone episode The Hunt a hill man drowned with his dog during a hunt. He went to the gates of “Heaven” and was told the dog couldn’t come in. He told the gatekeeper if the dog isn’t good enough to enter then he isn’t either. The dog and man go into some nearby woods and a young man in overalls comes out of the woods and talks to them. He’s St. Peter and tells them the guy at the other gate won’t let dogs in because they’ll smell the brimstone and warn who they’re with. The man asks him if his dog’s welcome where they’re going and he says yes.

CBS has gotten real sensitive about their fifty year plus vids or I would have posted it as I did years ago.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:05 PM   #17
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
In the original Twilight Zone episode The Hunt a hill man drowned with his dog during a hunt. He went to the gates of “Heaven” and was told the dog couldn’t come in. He told the gatekeeper if the dog isn’t good enough to enter then he isn’t either. The dog and man go into some nearby woods and a young man in overalls comes out of the woods and talks to them. He’s St. Peter and tells them the guy at the other gate won’t let dogs in because they’ll smell the brimstone and warn who they’re with. The man asks him if his dog’s welcome where they’re going and he says yes.
I remember that episode. A racoon was drowning the dog and the old man jumped in to save him, and they both drowned. And yes, the dog did not like the guy at the first gate. The real St Peter told the old man they were just in time for tonight's coon hunt.

Funny enough, I kept thinking about that episode as I was pondering the subject.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:07 AM   #18
A.J.
Dud

All our dogs have been excellent. Not just as companions, but as protectors. I wonder how many times my house was NOT burglarized or my wife NOT attacked because of a big, loyal dog. It would be a terrible thing for such a gentle creature to be excluded from eternal life. I'm betting I'm right. Of course I probably won't be able to officially win my bet for another 20 years or so. That's OK. I can wait!
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:29 AM   #19
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
All our dogs have been excellent. Not just as companions, but as protectors. I wonder how many times my house was NOT burglarized or my wife NOT attacked because of a big, loyal dog. It would be a terrible thing for such a gentle creature to be excluded from eternal life. I'm betting I'm right. Of course I probably won't be able to officially win my bet for another 20 years or so. That's OK. I can wait!
I don't think you will be disappointed mate. If they are there, I can't see why they wont be able to communicate directly with us also. Balaam's donkey spoke to him (num 22:21). It would be cool to have a proper chat with our old beloved friends.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #20
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

I’ve always believed that our beloved pets and other non-human companions do go to heaven. I cannot tell you why I believe this, it’s just been a deeply held conviction since as far back as I remember and is unshakable.

And therefore is true...for me.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:39 AM   #21
A.J.
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post
I’ve always believed that our beloved pets and other non-human companions do go to heaven. I cannot tell you why I believe this, it’s just been a deeply held conviction since as far back as I remember and is unshakable.

And therefore is true...for me.
I've always felt the same. There's no reason why God would not want heaven to include some of the best creatures he ever created. A far sight better than most humans I might add.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:24 AM   #22
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

First and foremost, I want so badly to agree with you all. Wanting to see our pets is the sentimental favorite and it is the popular favorite.

That being said, I'd be remissed if I didn't mention that God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. Just because it's something that we desperately want does not mean that God thinks the same way. Since the world has began, we as people have tried our best to shape God to fit in our world instead of us trying to shape ourselves to fit in God's world.

Again, it is my personal belief that our pets will be with us. But I also have to consider the possibility that my view is being shaped and molded by my own opinions. I want to believe, because it is what I want to see. Hence, why I say, it is my personal belief.

Just wanted to clarify.
Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:48 PM   #23
Bluntforce
slug

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
First and foremost, I want so badly to agree with you all. Wanting to see our pets is the sentimental favorite and it is the popular favorite.

That being said, I'd be remissed if I didn't mention that God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. Just because it's something that we desperately want does not mean that God thinks the same way. Since the world has began, we as people have tried our best to shape God to fit in our world instead of us trying to shape ourselves to fit in God's world.

Again, it is my personal belief that our pets will be with us. But I also have to consider the possibility that my view is being shaped and molded by my own opinions. I want to believe, because it is what I want to see. Hence, why I say, it is my personal belief.

Just wanted to clarify.
Your honesty is noted and appreciated.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 01:51 AM   #24
A.J.
Dud

Quote:

Just wanted to clarify.
Thanks for the clarification. Agreed.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:50 AM   #25
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:

Just wanted to clarify.
Well said mate, I feel the same.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:16 AM   #26
slug

Good thread...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:58 PM   #27
A.J.
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44044 View Post
Good thread...
Thanks. This question is something I often contemplated, but never voiced.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #28
remus

A dog is the only creature on this planet capable of unconditional love. Why couldn't they be included in heaven? It's more than I can say about people.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #29
REDOAK
Intelligent Posterior

I lost my Beagle 'Buddy' on Aug17. He was 16 years and 2 months old. He is buried in a 30mm ammo can along with his blanket and stuffed dog. A lot of memories.

Two of his predecessors are buried in the same area in 20mm ammo cans.
REDOAK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:14 AM   #30
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDOAK View Post
I lost my Beagle 'Buddy' on Aug17. He was 16 years and 2 months old. He is buried in a 30mm ammo can along with his blanket and stuffed dog. A lot of memories.

Two of his predecessors are buried in the same area in 20mm ammo cans.
I'm sorry you lost your pup mate. Dogs make better people than most people do. I hope you get another one soon.