Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Ammunition and Reloading Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Ammunition and Reloading Forum All about ammunition, reloading and reloading equipment

Old 04-08-2018, 08:31 AM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Default The Aguila Minishell: The Little Shotshell That Could

Just caught these on a shotgun trap shoot show at the Aquila factory in Mehico. Pretty dang cool little buggers. Trap shooters loved them they busted the clays as damn good as standard length shells.
Virtually no 0 recoil 1/2 the noise of full size shells. Quick recovery for second shots and if their busting the clays up fine they should be great for close in bird hunting?
Article shows buckshot shorts they may be great for home defense?
Also clearly noted for shorter ranges and home defense use. Bird hunting in heavy brush? Sounds like it would be perfect? What say you?

Out of habit, I braced myself for the first slug shot, but as it turned out, that was completely unnecessary. Recoil was closer to that of a .22 LR rifle than any shotshell load I’ve ever fired.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2...tle-shotshell/
Old 04-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
Railbuggy

I thought about getting some of those years ago when I was Scatter Gun Man. I had a Ithaca M37 and was reloading 12ga after work, and me and my kids would fire about 100 shells on Sunday. Still got my Lyman slug molds and shot shell reloading book from the 80s.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #3
5knives
KaBoom Kontrol Modulator

I understand someone markets a $10 adapter that let's a Mossberg 500 or 590 feed them flawlessly.

Anyone know the vender?

Regards,
5knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives View Post
I understand someone markets a $10 adapter that let's a Mossberg 500 or 590 feed them flawlessly.

Anyone know the vender?

Regards,
I read about them but be damned if I can find the dang things for sale? One article recommended them to prevent "possible" damage to the chamber.
I'll keep looking someone has them?
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Railbuggy

Yeah that was the problem. My M37 would hold five 2.75" shells. I could fit nine 1.5"shells in the same tube. But would they feed.
Railbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:45 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbuggy View Post
Yeah that was the problem. My M37 would hold five 2.75" shells. I could fit nine 1.5"shells in the same tube. But would they feed.
Yes reports Rails are they do feed well. On the show at the Trap shoot at the Aquilla factory in Mehico of course they were all using over unders.
Every shooter their loved em and swore it was their new close in brush bird hunting round. They said the kick was a bit more than a .22 rifle and it appeared to be from the visuals they filmed.
Now they don't have quite the wallop of full size shells but hell they were busting the clays just fine. Probably no good for longer ranges maybe even like long shots on pheasants but I don't know they may be?
Hunting in the brush for quail and other game birds? Hell they got my attention. Home defense with the buck shot or even slugs? Some bad guy is going to the E.R..
Hell half my damn body is metal and with my artificial shoulder sounds perfect for me. I shoot one of those giant cannons boon or 500grains has to kill Afreekan critters I am going back to surgery.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #7
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

I've seen them at gun shows, but I never bought any because of concerns about feeding reliability. They used to make a buck&ball load that would be a good home defense round in a double barrel coach gun especially for someone who was recoil sensitive.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #8
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Now to go to work on the .72 cal. revolver.
Will it be a 4 round cylinder or 6?
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:20 PM   #9
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
Now to go to work on the .72 cal. revolver.
Will it be a 4 round cylinder or 6?

Didn't Colt make a revolving four

shot shotgun at one time?...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:25 AM   #10
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Article shows buckshot shorts they may be great for home defense?
Also clearly noted for shorter ranges and home defense use. Bird hunting in heavy brush? Sounds like it would be perfect? What say you?
You just found these 4th? I don't know about you Florida guys. I've been using them for 0ver 25 years. They've got neat little sub-sonic .22s also. Shoot them in your basement or back yard.
I've used them on smaller birds but don't know if I'd use them on pheasant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
I shoot one of those giant cannons boon or 500grains has to kill Afreekan critters I am going back to surgery.
Say it with me 4th
..M.A.G.N.A...P.O.R.T..
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #11
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

Reviews said they aren't worth a crap in a Rem 870.
If that's the case, I don't have any use for them

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #12
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
I've seen them at gun shows, but I never bought any because of concerns about feeding reliability. They used to make a buck&ball load that would be a good home defense round in a double barrel coach gun especially for someone who was recoil sensitive.
Yup they have them Eightball for sale. Some with bird shot and buck I guess. Anyone knows where to get these with a link I would appreciate it thank you.
Perfect for my coach .12 my bestest bro U.S. Navy Frogman diver Nam vet underwater crazy blow sheet up mo fo give me. Did I say crazy? I have the full metal reverse shoulder implant right and the coach gun is like shooting a steel I beam with an F-18 afterburner kicking in.
So perfect for my old crippled ass.