Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Foxhole Area > Members Photographs
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Members Photographs This area is for photographs taken by forum members and their families and friends.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:30 AM   #16
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I bet you can get a good grilled mango and fish taco in Guatemala.

If you can't, you should be able to.
Grilled mango and fish taco.

I'm trying to picture that in my head and somehow I can't make it work. Mango season is around the corner here, I normally get a lot from my neighbors, this year the trees are in full bloom. Grilling a mango?...I'm still thinking about it.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:14 AM   #17
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Grilled mango and fish taco.

I'm trying to picture that in my head and somehow I can't make it work. Mango season is around the corner here, I normally get a lot from my neighbors, this year the trees are in full bloom. Grilling a mango?...I'm still thinking about it.
I thought about it for a while before I posted it, so I am just brainstorming this. Haven't ever tried it, but I have had Baja-style fish tacos. This isn't those.

I'm thinking grill mango slices, about 1/4" thick and grill fish fillets - thinly cut. You'll need some kind of sauce that compliments both the fish and the mango - something slightly citrusy.

A firm white fish - trigger fish or dolphin or snapper?

Okay, we grill the mango slices to get a slight char and then chop it into a salsa with some mild chiles like serannos, garlic, green onions, a little fresh chopped cilantro and charred sweet corn with a touch of hot pepper powder, and coarse kosher sea salt.

The fish and the mango are the stars of this show.

Serve on a small grilled corn tortilla with fresh-squeezed lime juice sprinkled over it.

Hey, we're on the verge of opening a gourmet taco stand on Sanibel, no?

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:21 PM   #18
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I thought about it for a while before I posted it, so I am just brainstorming this. Haven't ever tried it, but I have had Baja-style fish tacos. This isn't those.

I'm thinking grill mango slices, about 1/4" thick and grill fish fillets - thinly cut. You'll need some kind of sauce that compliments both the fish and the mango - something slightly citrusy.

A firm white fish - trigger fish or dolphin or snapper?

Okay, we grill the mango slices to get a slight char and then chop it into a salsa with some mild chiles like serannos, garlic, green onions, a little fresh chopped cilantro and charred sweet corn with a touch of hot pepper powder, and coarse kosher sea salt.

The fish and the mango are the stars of this show.

Serve on a small grilled corn tortilla with fresh-squeezed lime juice sprinkled over it.

Hey, we're on the verge of opening a gourmet taco stand on Sanibel, no?
It would be worth a trip to Sanibel, just to support Fred's Taco Shop.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:34 PM   #19
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
It would be worth a trip to Sanibel, just to support Fred's Taco Shop.

Brian
Hey, once we get the place down there you are welcome to rent it for a month. The city has rental regulations to minimize overcrowding. The place is packed now with snowbirds and prices are higher too so I have to wait.

No, but mango has a lot of water and a lot of sugar, if you grill it for too long you'll have nothing left. I've had mango salsa at some restaurant that didn't last long, I was not impressed with their recipe. Some things don't go well with fish in my opinion, cheese is one of them, in the Florida Keys I was served some appetizer that had cheese and fish...no like it, textures don't do well together and I love cheese and fish.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:14 PM   #20
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Quote:
Hey, once we get the place down there you are welcome to rent it for a month. The city has rental regulations to minimize overcrowding. The place is packed now with snowbirds and prices are higher too so I have to wait.

No, but mango has a lot of water and a lot of sugar, if you grill it for too long you'll have nothing left. I've had mango salsa at some restaurant that didn't last long, I was not impressed with their recipe. Some things don't go well with fish in my opinion, cheese is one of them, in the Florida Keys I was served some appetizer that had cheese and fish...no like it, textures don't do well together and I love cheese and fish.
Might have to take you up on that.

I had mango salsa with grilled shrimps on the east side of Guatemala, on the Caribbean that was really good.

I've thought about this, if we're going to be a corrupt communist republic, like the powers that be seem to want, we might as well sell all our crap and live the good life down that way. I've even got a place picked out already, in Calderas, Guatemala.

Brian
Old 03-13-2021, 02:51 PM   #21
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Might have to take you up on that.

I had mango salsa with grilled shrimps on the east side of Guatemala, on the Caribbean that was really good.

I've thought about this, if we're going to be a corrupt communist republic, like the powers that be seem to want, we might as well sell all our crap and live the good life down that way. I've even got a place picked out already, in Calderas, Guatemala.

Brian
But I don't think you can grill a ripe mango, if you do you've got to be quick on that fire and with all the sugar it has it may stick to the grill. I'm just guessing, I've never done it.

edit: Never put your money outside the US, but that's just me. I've seen too many countries flip on a dime and foreigners losing everything.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:00 PM   #22
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

They didn't cook the mango on the grill, just the shrimps and whatever else. They served the salsa on the side.

As far as putting money overseas, that's a nogo to be sure.

And besides, I'd have to get a lot better at the language.

Brian
Old 03-13-2021, 07:56 PM   #23
RetVet
Statistical Error

Three years in Puerto Rico and it wasn't until the last two months when I aquired a taste for them mangos. The first ones I had had something of a chemical taste to them. Maybe overripe or just a bad tree, don't know, but I just didn't care for them then. But then I got some good ones and was hooked, making salsa and eating them with everything. We had a tree in the yard that produced so many you had to shovel them off. Now I'm paying a buck a piece when I'm at a market that has them.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:08 PM   #24
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetVet View Post
Three years in Puerto Rico and it wasn't until the last two months when I aquired a taste for them mangos. The first ones I had had something of a chemical taste to them. Maybe overripe or just a bad tree, don't know, but I just didn't care for them then. But then I got some good ones and was hooked, making salsa and eating them with everything. We had a tree in the yard that produced so many you had to shovel them off. Now I'm paying a buck a piece when I'm at a market that has them.
They do have sort of an iodine taste sometimes.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:19 PM   #25
JD Miller
Fake Member

I hired a Guatemala dude to haul several loads of junk out of a property I was fixing up. Did a good job

Claimed his brother could climb and trim trees, and cut them down for cheap... Tried to hire him to do that too.... He never should back up. So I guess he was bull shitting me

Old 03-14-2021, 01:18 PM   #26
aviator
unum de multis

Ha, they start drinking on Fridays til Sundays I’m sure they forgot
Old 03-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #27
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Mexican

Quote:
Ha, they start drinking on Fridays til Sundays I’m sure they forgot
I almost ran over a passed out drunk guy in Guatemala, he was passed out in a ditch and a canero truck heaping fully was heading at me on a dirt road. Saw a bike on edge of road so I hit the brakes. It was at dusk so once the truck passed and dust cleared I saw him laying there, my passenger said he was probably just drunk it’s saturday keep going. Those motherfuckers get piss loaded on saturdays in every town square you see guys slumped over drunk at night, police don’t seem to give a shit.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:26 AM   #28
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I almost ran over a passed out drunk guy in Guatemala, he was passed out in a ditch and a canero truck heaping fully was heading at me on a dirt road. Saw a bike on edge of road so I hit the brakes. It was at dusk so once the truck passed and dust cleared I saw him laying there, my passenger said he was probably just drunk it’s saturday keep going. Those motherfuckers get piss loaded on saturdays in every town square you see guys slumped over drunk at night, police don’t seem to give a shit.
A lot of them are dunk on Gallo beer. We were at an elementary school and there was a huge Gallo ad plastered on one wall.

Brian
Old 03-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #29
Sanders

Quote:
But I don't think you can grill a ripe mango, if you do you've got to be quick on that fire and with all the sugar it has it may stick to the grill. I'm just guessing, I've never done it.

edit: Never put your money outside the US, but that's just me. I've seen too many countries flip on a dime and foreigners losing everything.
Cook it on a griddle over the fire. Just get a slight char from the sugar carmelization is the flavor profile I'm looking for.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:32 AM   #30
flashy
Omicron cocksman

Quote:
A lot of them are dunk on Gallo beer. We were at an elementary school and there was a huge Gallo ad plastered on one wall.

Brian
Gallo is number one there, a doctor I know use to date an heiress of another beer company in guate he said they were so rich they had armed guards at the house standing on the perimeter walls. I’ll look up what beer it is I forget the name and post it.

I think it was Castillo but I’ll have to ask him next time I got to get a physical in the next month or so
flashy is online now   Reply With Quote