Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 08-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
Sanders

Default Army Launches Competition for More Powerful Combat Rifle

Quote:
Military.com | 5 Aug 2017 | by Matthew Cox

U.S. Army weapon officials just opened a competition for a new 7.62mm Interim Service Combat Rifle to arm infantry units with a weapon potent enough to penetrate enemy body armor.

"The Army has identified a potential gap in the capability of ground forces and infantry to penetrate body armor using existing ammunition. To address this operational need, the Army is looking for an Interim Combat Service Rifle (ICSR) that is capable of defeating emerging threats," according to an Aug. 4 solicitation posted on FedBizOpps.gov.

The service plans to initially award up to eight contracts, procuring seven types of weapons from each gunmaker for test and evaluation purposes. Once the review is concluded, the service "may award a single follow-on Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) based contract for the production of up to 50,000 weapons," the solicitation states.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...bat-rifle.html

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Huh? I thought there was already one in inventory?
Or was that the one Slick Willie dumped into the ocean by the thousands.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:00 PM   #3
RetVet
Statistical Error

Watch the bank accounts or stock purchases of the politicians if you want to gander whose rifle eventually wins out. It's never about quality or mission capability, it's about the MONEY and in whose district the manufacturer is located.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #4
Bluntforce
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
Huh? I thought there was already one in inventory?
Or was that the one Slick Willie dumped into the ocean by the thousands.
I heard that sorry communist MF had 100,000+ M14s smashed with pneumatic hammers.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #5
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Their final deposition was deep salt water.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:52 PM   #6
Bluntforce
slug

No Commies

Hope he joins them soon.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:49 PM   #7
Doc

Forget it guys. Our pussy population doesn't want a rifle for our military.

All branches of the service should have the same requirements for their recruits: Body weight no more than 5 pounds over ideal weight. Able to run 100 yards in 11.5 seconds. Do 50 correct pushups and 25 sit ups. Swim 200 yards using all 4 strokes (50 yards each). High School graduate or better. Shoot a 5 MOA group at 200 yards, from prone, using the best rifle ever made - the M1 Garand.

Military to reconfigure the 30-06 with 165 grain FMJ and 165 grain AP- black tip. Both loads at 2,650 fps.

Be a rifleman before you apply. We were riflemen and in shape in my time. Same with my father, uncles and cousins.

Spare me the "it's too heavy, can't top off the clip, smashes my thumb, pings when the clip is ejected, doesn't hold enough ammo and it has a walnut stock.

f 'em, Bucky.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:27 PM   #8
Driswalds
Starcastle Champion

Im more interested in what load they will be using.
I think the 7.62x51 black tip needs updating as well.
Driswalds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:56 PM   #9
Doc

The 7.62x51 can be safely loaded with 165 grain black tips at 2,600 fps. That would make the M14 almost as good as the M1 Garand. I could live with either one.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #10
Driswalds
Starcastle Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
The 7.62x51 can be safely loaded with 165 grain black tips at 2,600 fps. That would make the M14 almost as good as the M1 Garand. I could live with either one.
I'm just saying that 308 black tip has been used for years.
Most know what it takes to stop it. They need to increase its performance if they want to defeat the armor that is currently available.

Drop the weight and increase the speed might do the trick.

What most people do not realize is that M193 fired out of a 20 inch barrel will penetrate Armour that 855 from the M4 will not.
Driswalds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:29 AM   #11
remus

I trained with a garand when I was in basic. After getting out I shot m14's and m1a's for national match. The only reason I'd choose an m14 as my combat rifle over the m1 is that it has a 20 rd. mag instead of an 8 rd. clip. Similar ballistics. same sights. I think what they are trying to get together now is what we call an ar10. Good luck with that.
remus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #12
hangfire
Home on the range

Quote:
I heard that sorry communist MF had 100,000+ M14s smashed with pneumatic hammers.
They did that deed at Crane Indiana. I know a guy that participated. They actually cut them up.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:38 PM   #13
Enforcer

It will never happen, there is no way they can tame 7.62 NATO recoil enough so that the queers, bull-dykes, and trannies can shoot it effectively. There is a much greater chance they will adopt some mean looking airsoft gun so the aforementioned groups can actually hit something and then pose with it to look tough.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:47 PM   #14
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
It will never happen, there is no way they can tame 7.62 NATO recoil enough so that the queers, bull-dykes, and trannies can shoot it effectively. There is a much greater chance they will adopt some mean looking airsoft gun so the aforementioned groups can actually hit something and then pose with it to look tough.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/category/news/

I knew they would kill it.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #15
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
there is no way they can tame 7.62 NATO recoil enough so that the queers, bull-dykes, and trannies can shoot it effectively.
It can be done. I have a sporterized Mosin that has the recoil of an AR, due to a very effective muzzlebrake. I also have a single shot .50cal AR upper that recoils like a 12 gage. Again, muzzlebrake.
I once shot a friend's race gun that had negative recoil. (pulled the pistol forward) Now that takes some getting used to.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote