Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Computer Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Computer Forum For questions and conversations about Computers and the Internet

Old 12-06-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Smile Ordered a new computer....

The computer I currently use is old, and it was used when I bought it. The past year or so, it's been acting up here and there. Lately, it's been getting worse......to the point where it locks up and I have to do a manual shut down (kill the power instantly, instead of using the 'on/off' button).

Asked a few close friends that are in the IT business and they sent me a few links to what they thought would be best for what I do online. The one thing that struck me was, all three of them suggested Lenovo.

Here's what the wife & I settled on........
Computer: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktop...-tYOmlknl9CxL4

Monitor: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accesso...214bMUq-ncjvHY

They should arrive sometime this week.
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

Once you get the new one in, throw some Linux on the old one, after moving your data over to the new one.
“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:19 PM   #3
aviator
unum de multis

Lenovos are good. Try to increase memory to at least 8 Gig from the 4 Gig it has, you can always order it online and put it in yourself.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:22 PM   #4
JD Miller
Fake Member

Ive had HP, lap tops.

Last one burnt up the processor. Lucky they tech guy at staples good extract my files and stuff and put on my new laptop that I bought.

I have a Dell now with the "solid state"?" hard drive. Think thats what its called.

Tech guy said, just get any brand, they all have the same parts
Old 12-07-2020, 01:01 AM   #5
WFO2

My grand daughter is in college studying to be an engineer . We did some research and lenevo was the best laptop for her studies and the programs she need to run.
WFO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #6
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

My nephew is in IT and he swears by Lenovo.

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.

Ronald Reagan - 1964
-------------------------------------
Bunker Member #4.
Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #7
Preacher
Chaplain/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned_Oli View Post
Once you get the new one in, throw some Linux on the old one, after moving your data over to the new one.
I did that with my old Toshiba.

It was a solid machine that still worked, just wasn't fast enough to keep up with today's pace. It was a 32-bit machine and 32-bit versions of Linux are starting to dry up. But I eventually found and tested some. Sparky, Lubuntu and Zorin all worked really well. I ended up keeping Zorin because i found it the easiest to work with being a new convert from Windows.

It still works great for doing word documents and things like that.
Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:42 PM   #8
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
My nephew is in IT and he swears by Lenovo.
My son has all Lenovos for his school, except the photography lab where they use Apples, he swears by them.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:47 PM   #9
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I use a crotch top computer.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:51 AM   #10
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

I received my new computer yesterday afternoon. The wife called me and told me that it arrived via UPS. I asked if the boxes appeared to be damaged, and she said, "No".

We finished up a project at work and they cut us loose early, so I was home by 4 pm. That was a nice surprise, after a long 3 weeks of hauling rock & sand in a side dump.

We took the old computer down, cleaned my desk off and spent the next hour or so setting up the new computer.. I'm really liking this 28" monitor. Holy crap it's huge!

Now to get everything set up and my bookmarks saved on this computer.
Old 12-19-2020, 07:05 PM   #11
MGMAN45

I bought a Lenovo last year and its been good so far.
MGMAN45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #12
rugrat
Banned

My current laptop is a Lenovo and I am very satisfied with it. When it came time to replace my wife's laptop, I got a Lenovo for her and our young son is getting a Lenovo laptop as one of his Christmas presents.
rugrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:39 PM   #13
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrat View Post
My current laptop is a Lenovo and I am very satisfied with it. When it came time to replace my wife's laptop, I got a Lenovo for her and our young son is getting a Lenovo laptop as one of his Christmas presents.

So far, I am VERY satisfied with this one. It took me about a day (in total), to get it set up as I wanted. But since then. I've been VERY happy with it.