Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Question Rifle I.D. help please? Browning rifle

Browning made in Belgium 7 mm Rem mag.
No model number on the dang blasted weapon and they made a hundred different ones.
From around $750 into the 3 and $4,000 range? This appears to be a Grade II or Grade III? Any ideas on price model would help my neighbor she got it as a gift and wants to sell it. Prices are all over the damn place.
Thanks in advance for any help from yall.

ADD: Cheap scope ignore that.

Guns International Brownings for sale:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...c265_p1_o6.cfm
Old 11-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #2
JD Miller
Fake Member

B.A.R.

Looks like a nice Leupold scope...not a cheap scope
Old 11-23-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
Sanders

I had a buddy who had a B.A.R. in 30-06, Belgian, just like that one. It was a $1,000 rifle in 1986. Couldn't tell you what that one is worth today.

Too bad the 7mm Rem Mag is wasted in the swamps. I have a Remington 700 in that caliber. It is a nice, flat shooting, hard-hitting long range cartridge. The caliber was purpose built for the military for snipers, but the Dept. of Defense didn't pick it up, but it became a huge hit in the hunting community.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:44 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Yes a total waste down here in the swamps where long range is 100 yds. at the gun range.
With no model on the weapon its almost impossible to tell what the hay it is? The link I put up takes one to the Belgium BARs but their is dozens of them. Guess I will take it to the gun shop on Monday and run a serial number on it see if that helps?
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:25 PM   #5
But Its A Dry Heat

Did you have any luck yet OP? That would work around here.
But Its A Dry Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:29 AM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by But Its A Dry Heat View Post
Its at the gunsmiths as the bolt is stuck in the forward locked position. Were not sure if someone put the wrong caliber round in fired it and jammed it up?
Working the gun shows here some time back with uncle Marv he had many many pre 64 Win. long range quality shooters. Ah sales were slow in gun friendly Fla. guys wanted ARs, AKs and such.
Out west they sold pretty darn good. Damn he had well over 300+ old Wins when he passed. 1800s to the 60s.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:13 PM   #7
Sanders

I went with my nephew on Saturday to look at a Browning 1885 High Wall in .45-70 Government. The rifle looked to have been unfired. The pawn shop that had it was asking $800. I told my nephew to offer them $750, so he offered them $650 cash and they took it.

It is a work of beauty. I didn't get to fire it, though.
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:49 PM   #8
500grains
Soldier of Allah

That was a good deal!

They go for $1K and up on gunbroker.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:19 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by But Its A Dry Heat View Post
No I had it repaired by my gunsmith and gave it back to the girl owner. Now she wants to borrow money from me and use the gun as collateral. No problem I hope she does not pay me back. BAR for sale.
Some meat head was varnishing and left the gun below their work. Damn the gun was jammed up with varnish and took the smith over and hour to clean it up.
Back to great condition no harm done and working fine.