Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
2rogers

Thumbs up todays range report

had an opportunity today as i was asked to show 3 women and thier nephew some basics. they chose the indoor range in chesterfield. they offered to buy the ammo. the nephew had a new in box ruger 345 and the women had thier fathers oldest model 64 i ever seen [half moon front sight & tapered barrel]. i was to bring a "pocket" .22, a .380, small & full size 9mm, and .45 anything. seems as if the alpha female had done some misguided research but who would turn down the opportunity to burn someone elses ammo?

walther tph. 25 rnds=good
beretta 21a. 25 rnds= fail to extract on 23rd shot. gummed up chamber
ppks. 50 rnd=good
64. 50 rnd= would i really have to explain?
71 bhp, novak mod. 50rnd= good
6906. 50 rnd=good
beretta 92 50rnd=good
metro arms american classic .45. 20rnd=started shooting left. during inspection, rear site slid out of its dovetail and fell in the floor. loose set screw.
springfield loaded model. 50rnds=good [i think i can trust it now]
ruger p345. 80rnd=great new in box shakedown run.

2 oldest women prefered 6906 and scrapped the .22 idea. alpha female liked the bhp and 6906 until she picked up the 92 and put a full clip in the 10 ring at about 20'. showed the women my model 38 airwheight and explained the virtues of this type but they said it was too ugly?! note to all. alpha female did way better than expected, learned quickly, and had no problems handling the .45s at all either.

my personal observation of the ruger p345 was impressive. finaly a full size ruger auto that had better ergonimics than a can opener. trigger was really light, shot point of aim, and worked as it should. nephew won a gift certificate for a sporting goods store from a radio show and used it for this purchase.

alpha female refused any $ from her family and paid for the day.
2rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Hunter07
I'm a grumpy SOB

Sounds like a fun time!
Hunter07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Sounds like a great time!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
American Rage

CDNN is running a good deal on 6906s right now. Wish I had the extra $ to get one.
American Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
2rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
CDNN is running a good deal on 6906s right now. Wish I had the extra $ to get one.
no worries, they show up at gun shows as police trade ins regular. ive seen them cheaper, just remeber the early ones with the squared trigger dont fit in holsters very well. the frames get rather scratched up easily but they never were a showpiece, its a workhorse. if your serious about getting 1, surplus mags show up everywhere dirt cheap. i probably had 10 of them before i found a 6906 at the price i wanted. never paid over 10$ for 1.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
OSOK

Gave my daughter and SIL a Smith 6946 (I think) - alloy/stainless DAO full sized version - 15 round mag capacity. Shot very well - when I got it, the grips were chewed up but I was able to find stock replacements - thing looked practically brand new - and extra mags were easy to find too...
Old 01-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
2rogers

full size stainless/alloy dao is the 5946. all the doa s&w's i ever played with had a better da stroke than the da/sa models. although the 92d had a slightly smoother stroke, the s&w products were only half the length of stroke.

for anyone that doesnt have the condition1 option, a da/sa unit requires a plenty da practice for defensive purposes,,,dont go wasting your first round with some shot/cock idea that came from a journalist.