Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 06-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives View Post
Possibly a bullet crimping and set-back problem, loose bullet getting pushed deeper into the case can raises pressures like you wouldn't believe, even with a "normal" powder charge. Gets worse with a small charge of fast burning powder...
Might also have been an instance of the round being chambered several times from the magazine, bouncing off the feedramp and progressively shoving the bullet deeper into the case. Some see that the overall length of the round has shortened, and set it aside. Some, being of the cheap variety, want not to "waste" the round.

To each their own...
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
Peeweester40
Who Dat?

OMG! You mean something other than a Glock went KB? Say it ain't so. Better steer clear of those XD's....they are real problem guns.

Quote:
Might also have been an instance of the round being chambered several times from the magazine, bouncing off the feedramp and progressively shoving the bullet deeper into the case. Some see that the overall length of the round has shortened, and set it aside. Some, being of the cheap variety, want not to "waste" the round.

To each their own...
I try to make a habit of running a round that has been chambered several times downrange...if I can visually notice that it's shorter than the other rounds of like kind, the bullet gets pulled and the powder goes into a 'mixed powder' canister for homemade firecrackers.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:03 AM   #18
MontanaWolf

Thanks for the post, I just bought the same model. I think I'll let my buddy have the honors of breaking it in since he doesn't read forums <evil grin>
MontanaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #19
gunnysmith
Fear what you cannot see

That case looks too long for a 40, more like a 10 mm

H. L. Mencken
gunnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #20
2rogers

i've had some very good luck contacting the manufacturer about different problems.

S&W, 5903 wearing out frame rails at alarming rate. Send it in they said, comes back with new frame with oversize rails, and a remachined slide smooth as glass. No charge. remember all third gen S&W autos have lifetime warrenty they still honor. including wore out police trade ins.

Bought a commander style 1911 with colt slide & essex frame for 200$ several years ago due to the crack at the slide stop pin in bothe sides. Alloy frame. Essex replaced at no charge.

Remington gave my father a little problem over an 1100 blew off the forearm, slide release and a few other tidbits claiming the barrel latch was wore out. think they had to settle a class action suit over it later. I contacted them claiming to be range master of a 300 member trap club vowing not to allow any more remington products on the premises for safety reasons. they fixed it, no charge.
2rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #21
partssman
Redneck Moderator

I'll gladly purchase any XD's y'all might have in 40 and 45 if you no longer want it

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."
- Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch
partssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #22
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rogers View Post
Bought a commander style 1911 with colt slide & essex frame for 200$ several years ago due to the crack at the slide stop pin in bothe sides. Alloy frame. Essex replaced at no charge.
Dang. I didn't know that Essex were making allow frames now. Mine is steel.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #23
2rogers

not sure how old this essex frame was, i did this back in the mid 90's... it was alloy, im pretty sure of it, although that was many martinis ago

guess i was a little off topic. if i was a manufacturer, i'd be scared witless of my products failure photos posted, i bet SA wouldnt hesitate to replace the product. bad loads or not.

look forward to more threads with pictures of blown up stuff!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #24
SirShoot-A-Lot

The HS2000 was a so-so gun when the Croats first started sending them over here.

Now that Springfield is marketing it and pretending it's a US-made pistol... it's still a so-so gun.

Would take a S&W M&P-series over any XD or XDm. Would take a good M1911A1 type over either. Not that I have anything against polymer-framed pistols, I just prefer the short, SA trigger pull of the 1911.
SirShoot-A-Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #25
cz7

Thumbs up hell yes !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARANDNUT View Post
XD is an excellent firearm. Bad ammo will blow up anything plastic or otherwise. Fill a case full of bullseye powder and put it in your 1911 and see if the weapon stays together. Notice to that the chamber is intact and the guy was not injured. That XD absorbed a lot of pressure and remained intact.
i had one in 9mm ! never had one trouble with it with over 40,000 rds springs r&r at 4000 rds -----years ago i was shooting a hi- browning with something called hotshot 9 yes it blew the extractor one of bugged loaded rounds no other broken parts !!!but had 2 glocks no way zip not me again with them!!!xd yes again !!
"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
cz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #26
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirShoot-A-Lot View Post
Would take a S&W M&P-series over any XD or XDm.
I gotta admit, that's the first time I've heard that one. My opinion is the exact opposite, though admittedly only having fired one M&P. While I'm not sure that the XD's live up to their hype, they're still great shooting pistols. The M&P that I shot was well within the "serviceable accuracy" category, but it didn't shoot as good as the many XD's I've shot over the years. Just my opinion. Could very easily have been shooter error.

Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #27
2rogers

not sure id call shooter error moon. guy that used to manage the indoor range down the street shot a 1 hole group with my 92 at 45'. i cant do that. owned it fo 15 years. he picks it up for the first time and makes me feel silly. maybe i need an xd
Old 02-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #28
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rogers View Post
not sure id call shooter error moon. guy that used to manage the indoor range down the street shot a 1 hole group with my 92 at 45'. i cant do that. owned it fo 15 years. he picks it up for the first time and makes me feel silly. maybe i need an xd
The XD is a completely different animal than a 92. I have two of those damnable 92's, and they shoot great. I can keep all 50 shots in the X ring on a standard body-target from 45 feet (on a good day), with the magic reload or SOMETIMES WWB. It's not the ultimate in combat handguns, but it is fun to shoot.

The XD of course, has a striker instead of a conventional hammer. THe sights are roughly the same, but it does point a little better in my opinion. The worst part of the whole design is that it's made of plastic. The learning curve seems to be a lot faster with XD's, for some reason (by that, I mean that most beginner shooters seem to be able to tighten their groups up faster with the XD). If you know someone that's got one, ask them if you could shoot it sometime. It's better than buying one, then deciding you hate it. Haha
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #29
2rogers

funny you mentioned that Moon... took me a LOT of practice with the 92 before satisfying myself. the learning curve seems kinda expensive. furthermore, everyone has a different opinion on ergonomics. i see a lot of trade ins at local stores here, if the price on an xd is close enough, i wont hestate. you never have a hard time getting rid of something popular if you dont like it
Old 02-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #30
SirShoot-A-Lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon View Post
I gotta admit, that's the first time I've heard that one. My opinion is the exact opposite, though admittedly only having fired one M&P. While I'm not sure that the XD's live up to their hype, they're still great shooting pistols. The M&P that I shot was well within the "serviceable accuracy" category, but it didn't shoot as good as the many XD's I've shot over the years. Just my opinion. Could very easily have been shooter error.
Accuracy isn't my problem with the XD series. My experience is a sample size of one XDm (A .40S&W), but I can agree with your findings - the XD is a very accurate pistol. My problem with the XD is one of trust. I've read enough reports of XD reliability problems on multiple websites to be leery of the weapon for defensive purposes. Also, support outside the factory is limited, at least in my area. Every gunsmith local to me can keep a Glock or M&P running. Not so with the XD - if I were to have a mechanical issue, I'd have to send it back to Springfield. I also take the opinions of people who have the money to more thoroughly test these things than I can - something like 100 LE agencies are using the XD vs closer to 500 using the M&P. And as an added bonus, the M&P is made in America rather than a part of former Yugoslavia.

All in all, I prefer "minute of man" accuracy in a pistol I trust than match-winning accuracy in a pistol I don't trust not to fail me. YMMV
SirShoot-A-Lot is offline   Reply With Quote