Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 08-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
buzgun
slug

4th.. I carry a old WW2 remington 1911a1 that has rust spots on it from me sweating on it because its so hot here..I carry it for these reasons :if i drop it or loose it i wont be too upset because it is what it is ...an old worn 1911a1 ...I changed out the barrel to a GI chrome lined 1960's manuf. and i also changed bushings and fitted it until i got the pistol to shoot to the fixed sights point of aim which was very important to me...I can hit a coke can consistently at 10 feet away ..this gives me confidence that i could put a round into a thugs chest if i had to.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #17
4thIDvet
slug

Default Buz my Bro. Yes Sir I understand..

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzgun View Post
4th.. I carry a old WW2 remington 1911a1 that has rust spots on it from me sweating on it because its so hot here..I carry it for these reasons :if i drop it or loose it i wont be too upset because it is what it is ...an old worn 1911a1 ...I changed out the barrel to a GI chrome lined 1960's manuf. and i also changed bushings and fitted it until i got the pistol to shoot to the fixed sights point of aim which was very important to me...I can hit a coke can consistently at 10 feet away ..this gives me confidence that i could put a round into a thugs chest if i had to.
Oh hell I have a few .45s.. Dang this is like where we live, hot weather..
Again, concealment.. I do not want to open carry..
Damn light Glock like Mod. 36, light, but damn the damn trigger..
Ah hell, I will figure it out?? You guys are the best.. If I am going near a friggen Negro Ape neighborhood down here. I do not give a flying frig if I have to carry an MG=42..
Carried by 6, Judged by 12. F#$K them..

Edit: Add" People talk, think I give a flying fuck.. Fuck em all, the long and the short and the tall. Fuck you Nappy.. Full auto MG-=42.. Blow me Nappy.. Fuck you...

Last edited by 4thIDvet; 08-03-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Add
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
Oh hell I have a few .45s.. Dang this is like where we live, hot weather..
Again, concealment.. I do not want to open carry..
Damn light Glock like Mod. 36, light, but damn the damn trigger..
Ah hell, I will figure it out?? You guys are the best.. If I am going near a friggen Negro Ape neighborhood down here. I do not give a flying frig if I have to carry an MG=42..
Carried by 6, Judged by 12. F#$K them..

Edit: Add" People talk, think I give a flying fuck.. Fuck em all, the long and the short and the tall. Fuck you Nappy.. Full auto MG-=42.. Blow me Nappy.. Fuck you...
Saw an MG-42 at a gun show, a few years back.
Yeah, it was converted to semi auto.
Also rechambered to .30-06.

He had owned it for many years.
Should have had MY pic taken, holding that one!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

My little carry piece is stainless.
But it still need oiled and cleaned occasionally,.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:23 AM   #20
Sanders

I'd sell you my Detonics Combatmaster, but it needs work. Dang thing jams.

I'm looking to replace it with a Springfield XDs .45.

Lately, I've been carrying the Springfield XD 45 in a Don Hume IWB holster. I'd prefer to carry it in my Remora tuckable IWB holster, but have found I am allergic to the rubber against my skin. It literally burns. If it wasn't for that, it would be the most comfortable and concealable combination I've used.

The only problem with the XD series from Springfield is there is no manual safety. They have the trigger safety, like a Glock, but also have a grip safety like a 1911.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #21
4thIDvet
slug

Default Sanders

Yes.. I like my Glock 36 for around the house here.. No kids, just me and the girlfriend, so I leave it on the desk ready to go.. If kids come by, it immediately gets locked up...
Just that trigger safety makes me nervous on a soft carry holster..
Pogo. How the hell big are your hands.. Damn that gun looks like a miniature your holding?

Bears. That is a full auto MG-42.. 07? is it, full auto license holder.. He has a test pit and was going to let me fire it.. But ah hell I shot enough full autos. Kind of like fishing. Catching them is fun, then yah have to clean the damn thing, I did not want to bother him..
Most all the weapons companies are making weapons smaller and lighter. So many choices...
http://tacticalgunreview.com/blog/20...gfield-xds-45/
"Not" knocking the XDS, but a bit of a bad review toward the bottom of the link their Sanders.. Bad ejection. Company told the guy it was operators error..
How the hell could it be operator error. You pull the trigger the weapon takes over from their..
Old 08-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #22
Thanatos
Grunt-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5knives View Post
Well actually I carry all the time, and never a problem with a full sized 1911 ...
Have carried this ParaOrdnance P14/45 since I built it in the mid 1990s... Carry it on a daily basis. Four extra 14 rnd magazines on the weak side hip balance out the weight of the belt and I do not walk with a lean.

The ONLY time this pistol does not shoot 100% is when I forget to change the recoil spring when shooting 230 grn Hardball instead of the 185 grn +P ammo that I normally carry - I use a 23 lb. recoil spring for the +P and it is 100%. With the softer load, it likes a lighter spring... and is again 100% reliable.

PERSONAL OPINION - anyone who has difficulty concealing a full-size 1911? Needs to seriously reevaluate their belt/holster... A friend who had difficulty concealing his little .380 Lorcin... I handed him the belt and Galco NSA holster with the P14/45 in it, and he got down to an untucked tank top and shorts and it still did not print. Friend was 5'9" and 170 pounds at the time.

This was after an acquaintance from high school who was a corrections officer had boasted for 45 minutes that he could spot ANY concealed weapon, except perhaps a miniature pea-shooter stuffed in the crack of your ass and your shirt tucked in over it - impossible to access should you ever need it. Imagine his surprise when I finally pulled the P14/45, dropped the mag, racked and cleared the chamber, then nonchalantly commented "I've never had a problem concealing a full-sized firearm." His eyes seriously bulged and his jaw dropped.

I won't say it it will not ever print, but... I passed a field sobriety test before I had a CCW, and the cops missed it. A wide bodied 1911...

If the "pro's" don't spot it when they should be looking? I'd say it is good-to-go and not put the sheep into anxiety attack mode...
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #23
DirtySteve
Starship Legend Champion

Might need a long overcoat for the MG-42 though..........
DirtySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #24
ka64

I've carried many.....

But this is my new EDC, can't beat it!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t “need” my AK any more than Rosa Parks “needed” to sit in the front of that bus

ka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #25
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySteve View Post
Me too. Despite my location between you and Aviator, and dealing with "syrupy" humidity, I usually carry the Springfield GI 1911 in a Kramer IWB holster. I wear my shirts untucked and buy XL to reduce the "print". For dressier occasions I opt for the "Smart Carry". Hope this helps.....
Me 3, I hate compromising on gun size. A nice middle ground is a Makarov, not too expensive, nicely sized, manageable recoil.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #26
rogertc1

DOUBLE TAP .45acp!!!

Old 08-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #27
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up

Double Tap, nice...
ka64. Colt Defender.. Oh my God nice.. Some big bucks $$ for them though..
Be nice to have the "Double Tap" then pull out the Cold Defender.. They don't stop the bad guy, time to buy some Micheal Jordan jump high sneakers and get the hell out of their..
Good tips, thank you guys..
Old 08-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #28
RetVet
Statistical Error

I don't carry anything yet, but I can whistle Dixie when necessary.........
Old 08-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #29
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

The important thing is to have a gun and holster that is easy to carry. The most powerful handgun in the world isn't worth anything if it's back home when you need it.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #30
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySteve View Post
Might need a long overcoat for the MG-42 though..........
Big ass bib overalls are great in you can hide full size battle rifles in them & you look like a stupid hick in doing so. I even thought about a plate carrier in mine!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote