Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #31
Pvt.Joker

My AES-10B import version, finished out to resemble a Russian RPKN...

Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #32
TheGreek!
Prepare for glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.Joker View Post
My AES-10B import version, finished out to resemble a Russian RPKN...

I was thinking on building one of my romy RPK kits into a Russian clone. Is that brake correct for a Russian RPK? I'm not familiar with whats "standard equipment" on the Russian RPK's which is why I ask.

TheGreek! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #33
ESSOHBE
Deplorable

^ That's awesome.
ESSOHBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #34
bounce
Senile Member

^^^titties
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #35
Carne Frio

The finest example of a long barreled Ak is
likely the Polytech Legend National Match.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #36
TheGreek!
Prepare for glory!

Gonna have to disagree, I don't like anything that has "made in china" on it. China has never been known to produce anything of high quality. I cant think of one thing that is made in china that can compete with a comparable euro or American made product. Polytechs and norincos only cost a lot because of artificial unavailability, not because there was anything exceptionally good about them. The Chinese AK's are world famous for being made of low quality steel and not having the greatest fit and finish. Personally I think the Yugo AK's are the finest example of an AK. I think the finest example of a long barreled AK is the milled receiver heavy barrel Yugo RPK.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #37
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreek! View Post
I was thinking on building one of my romy RPK kits into a Russian clone. Is that brake correct for a Russian RPK? I'm not familiar with whats "standard equipment" on the Russian RPK's which is why I ask.
Based on some very cursory research, it appears the the Soviets/Russian Federation did not apply muzzle brakes, or flash hiders on their RPKs.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...+RPK&FORM=IGRE

Bruce R. Gadbois
HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #38
HorseSoldier176
Retired Soldier

Quote:
Gonna have to disagree, I don't like anything that has "made in china" on it. China has never been known to produce anything of high quality. I cant think of one thing that is made in china that can compete with a comparable euro or American made made product. Polytechs and norincos only cost a lot because of artificial unavailability, not because there was anything exceptionally good about them. The Chinese AK's are world famous for being made of low quality steel and not having the greatest fit and finish. Personally I think the Yugo AK's are the finest example of an AK. I think the finest example of a long barreled AK is the milled receiver heavy barrel Yugo RPK.
The only point I would disagree with you on is this.

Yugo Ks are produced on machines manufactured in Yugoslavia, or Romania. Bulgarian (Arsenal), on the other hand uses Soviet/Russian made machines. Many of the Arsenal machines were actually made by, or for Ivetsk, so the Bulgarian weapons are as close to a Soviet/Russian made AK that you can get, short of smuggling in, or buying from the Russian mob, a Russian made AK.

HorseSoldier176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #39
TheGreek!
Prepare for glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176 View Post
The only point I would disagree with you on is this.

Yugo Ks are produced on machines manufactured in Yugoslavia, or Romania. Bulgarian (Arsenal), on the other hand uses Soviet/Russian made machines. Many of the Arsenal machines were actually made by, or for Ivetsk, so the Bulgarian weapons are as close to a Soviet/Russian made AK that you can get, short of smuggling in, or buying from the Russian mob, a Russian made AK.

Personally I think Arsenals are nice but I cant understand all the hype about them. They're very good guns but not really any better than a decent Yugo because they're both top-of-the-line AK's. As far as being as close as possible to a Russian AK goes the Arsenal looks more like the Russian AK because the wood on a Yugo doesn't look like the other comblock countries wood and isn't interchangeable with it. But the yugo's use the heavier profile Russian AK-47 style barrel, if I'm not mistaken the Arsenal uses the slightly thinner AKM style barrels. I like the milled Arsenals and I'd probably have one if they didn't cost so much. I wish Zastava would start sending some milled M70's over here and put a reasonable price on them. RPK's are another story though, in that case all of them seem to be good no matter where it comes from (except from china of course, lol).
Old 10-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #40
Pvt.Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseSoldier176 View Post
Based on some very cursory research, it appears the the Soviets/Russian Federation did not apply muzzle brakes, or flash hiders on their RPKs.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...+RPK&FORM=IGRE

On the RPK; no. This is a clone of the RPKN, however, and the flash hider was used because it was a night scoped version. Older copies of "Book of the AK" have a few articles on them. Mine would be close for one with the older NSP-3A night scope, although right now my only Russian night scope is my 1pn58 that pulls double duty for this AND my ..308 NDM-86 Dragunov.

OK; here's a couple of photos of it with the scope on, both with the drum and with the bakelite mag:

As to Greek's question; I got this flash hider from Brick (same guy that does a lot of the retro AR parts) and was VERY happy with the quality. It looks like the one for the Tabuk, until you hold one of these next to one of those. There are a few differences.
Pvt.Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #41
LAGERO

Quote:
Gonna have to disagree, I don't like anything that has "made in china" on it. China has never been known to produce anything of high quality. I cant think of one thing that is made in china that can compete with a comparable euro or American made product. Polytechs and norincos only cost a lot because of artificial unavailability, not because there was anything exceptionally good about them. The Chinese AK's are world famous for being made of low quality steel and not having the greatest fit and finish. Personally I think the Yugo AK's are the finest example of an AK. I think the finest example of a long barreled AK is the milled receiver heavy barrel Yugo RPK.
I dunno, I have a Norinco and it is built top notch. I do agree that the Chinese are known for producing shit exports, but when it comes to polytechs and norincos it seems that they pulled out all the stops. Fitment and finish are quality. I would take a Chinese Ak over a Maadi anyday (though I own both ).
LAGERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #42
AlphaTango4

If Greek is offering to sell you one of his builds id strongly suggest you take him up on it. They are top shelf and he doesnt just offer them to everyone.
AlphaTango4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #43
Dave Williams

J&G sales has RPK's for $499 biggest heaviest barrel you can get as far as I know. Cheap too, no bi-pod though.
Dave Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #44
Ando4

Is that an R pg On that RPK!
Ando4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #45
Pvt.Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando4 View Post
Is that an R pg On that RPK!
Nope; a 1pn58 Soviet night scope. Although, they did have a BDC cam for the night scope for using on an RPG-7.
Pvt.Joker is offline   Reply With Quote