Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

Default AR-15 gas block

Has anyone had a problem with a gas block lining up properly on a barrel? Just got done with my 1st upper and was wondering.
Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think, and act for myself--and then I will obey every law or submit to the penalty." - Chief Joseph
Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.)
quod futue te ipsum est quid
Havoc308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
belt-fed

Sometimes it is easy to get them off gust a little so I will use a piece of tubing on gas
Tub and test make sure that is lined up
belt-fed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
RetVet
Statistical Error

I got one of the used A2 barrels from Apex for building a basic A2 rifle, all original. Went to mount my mil issue gas block/front sight base lining up all holes and using the existing grooves for pinning. The bitch is canted so far to the side no way could it ever be sighted in. I don't see how this barrel could have ever been mounted correctly and used with the original gas block installed so far out of spec.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:52 PM   #4
belt-fed

I have herd of from a lot of people I don't use those front sights that's one of the
Reasons I mostly use etches or scopes
belt-fed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:13 AM   #5
ColonelKorn
High Priest of Honkydom

There's a handy gadget for just such a thing.
ColonelKorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #6
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

Everything lined up properly, I have a CMMG 300 blackout barrel and a YHM gas block. The set screws went right in the holes so it should be OK. I was just being a little paranoid, being this was my first upper build.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #7
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

Shot it today, worked great, no function issues. Pretty accurate for only having a red dot on it too.