Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #1
Doc

Default Invasion

My forefathers were in the militia before we were a country. The militia existed at least one-hundred fifty years before the Lexington-Concord battles in 1775. General Gage had sent 700 redcoats to confiscate the guns, powder and munitions stored in Concord. It was that attempt to confiscate the arms of the militia that led to the founding of our country. There was no Army at that time and militiamen killed half of the redcoats. But a prominent militiaman, George Washington later became commander of the newly formed Continental Army. Madison and Hamilton discussed the militia extensively in the Federalist Papers as did the Anti-Federalists in their own writings. Hamilton, a federalist, did not support a Bill of Rights. The Anti-Federalists supported and formed the Bill of Rights and hence we have a Constitution and a country. Thanks mostly to Virginia.

Militiamen have responded to the call of duty throughout our history. Initially all able bodied men between ages 16-60 were to muster with their own weapons and ammunition. Beginning with the Civil War countless numbers of companies and entire regiments were formed as militia.

The authority to draft men for military service comes from Militia acts as described and the constitution, i.e., "The Congress shall have Power to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia . . ."

The Supreme Court, recently in the Heller case, ruled that all rights as described in the constitution, are individual rights including the right to keep and bear arms and that that "right shall not be infringed," and that right is independent of the Militia.

Importantly, Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution says, "The Congress shall have Power To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions."

Not only have our schools been invaded by armed invaders, so too has our country across our southern border. Next our states, counties, cities and towns have been invaded.

In 1910 the Congress described the Militia as being in two parts: The Organized Militia, or the National Guard, and the Unorganized Militia, i.e., the rest of us.

Those who have difficulty finding the right to self defense need look no farther than the 9th Amendment that says, ""The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

It is time for Congress to call forth the Militia, both Organized and Unorganized, to repel invasion.

Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
Stalky

I read the Federalist Papers. Should be required for all Americans.
Stalky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
Sanders

The last invasion my family fought against was Pancho Villa.

Unless you count drug smugglers in the 80's coming up from Mexico who would try and land on our place...

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #4
twin50

Posse Comitatus and the NDAA..National Defense Act...I can't seem to recall where we are with these anymore. PC is still suspended or no? Bush and Obama signed off on both of them.
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #5
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

Don't forget that the fedgoob promises to keep the States free from invasion in Article IV, Section 4 as well.
“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #6
bill3542

i doubt if 95% of the kids today have a I.Q. level high enough to read and understand the Federalist Papers.
bill3542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #7
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3542 View Post
i doubt if 95% of the kids today have a I.Q. level high enough to read and understand the Federalist Papers.

Sadly...
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:27 PM   #8
Doc

twin50;

The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 was brought by the then ruling democrats in congress to limit powers of the federal government using the army to enforce laws favorable to the radical republicans' reconstruction of the confederate south following the War of Northern Aggression. President Hayes, republican, vetoed the Act. Congress (democrats) overrode his veto.

The army, under General Grant, later president, had his army occupy cities and towns throughout the south. There was much violence. That monster, Lincoln, had locked up some of Maryland’s legislators because they wouldn’t go along with his unconstitutional executive orders. He then got worse.

The army was withdrawn from the south, but Posse Comitatus Act is still a statute. The only military unit "allowed" is the Coast Guard. Still, there have been many instances where the military has been used as law enforcement details. After, for instance, Brown v Board Of Education made segregation unlawful in schools, Eisenhower sent elements of the 101st Airborne Division to Little Rock to enforce desegregation of the school. The Enforcement Acts were used by Eisenhower at Little Rock.

Congress and the President have found many ways to skirt Posse Comitatus. Some methods use Homeland Security, National Defense Authorization Act , the Patriot Act and others.

Notice that Posse Comitatus Act is capitalized, but the Sheriff, (Power of the county) is and has always been the elected chief law enforcement officer of the county. If the sheriff is a party to a suit and in certain other cases, the Coroner acts as the sheriff. Law enforcement is the province of the State. The Sheriff has posse comitatus power, that power originating with the 10th Amendment. From our Common Law heritage the power of the county began with Charles the Great, about 500 AD. The Sheriff may form a posse, then as now. The Sheriff, as many millions of the rest of us, took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

However, as I noted above, Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution says:

"Congress shall have Power to provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions."

Doc
Semper Fi
Old 03-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #9
Stalky

I know it's not related specifically.
However anyone with the brain cells should also read Ayn Rand, Robert Heinlein, the Constitution of the United States with the bill of rights.
You know.
Stuff that stimulates the thought process.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:33 PM   #10
Bluntforce

Wink

Just finished three Heinleins six hours from finishing Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Le pHrog just fished the MickSpickAustraloAmericanTartarRus hero and his Peruvian putzputschist buddy out of the Hindudu bayou.

Just checking in to see if the yellowjackets were loose...yet.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #11
Stalky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
Just finished three Heinleins six hours from finishing Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Le pHrog just fished the MickSpickAustraloAmericanTartarRus hero and his Peruvian putzputszist buddy out of the Hindudu bayou.

Just checking in to see if the yellowjackets were loose...yet.
Have a Heineken lately sir?
Old 03-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #12
Doc

Pertinent to this thread is John Ross' "Unintended Consequences" that reads in its 861 pages: don't fuck with the 2nd Amendment.

Ross' discussion of the National Firearms Act, 1934 and his subsequent discussion of the UNITED STATES v. MILLER, 1939, case are priceless words at the beginning of his work defending the right of the individual to keep and bear arms.

In my view Unintended Consequences ranks ahead of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.

Doc
Old 03-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #13
Bluntforce

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalky View Post
Have a Heineken lately sir?
Fucked up and listened TO SAIL BEYOND THE SUNSET after METHUSELAH’S CHILDREN, then had to go back and listen to the Lazarus Long series, THE ROLLING STONES for Hazel/Sady/Gwen’s background now listening to THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS for H/S/G’s, Campbell’s and O’Kelly’s story. Was having trouble getting MOON to play so I listened to JOB and was glad I did because it appears self contained. Pretty sure I have to do THE MAN WHO SOLD THE MOON and ROCKETSHIP GALILEO if I want to cover the rest of the story of these characters. Listened to STARSHIP TROOPERS in there somewhere.

Read STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND 12 years ago. The library in town doesn’t have one Heinlein book in it, I couldn’t believe it.

I hope that’s the extent of those characters. There’s seven movie versions of TURN OF THE SCREW, a Marlon Brando prequel, an opera version (I’ll be goddamned if I listen to an opera in English) and a Sherlock Holmes novel GHOSTS OF BLY in which he solves the case in an anthology.

Read all of H.P. Lovecraft’s works but King and Koontz keep basing dimensions/villians/monsters on them, haven’t read all his rip off contemporaries and only read the first three DUNE novels.

Can’t really fathom the fascination with Fat Martin, so he ripped off Herbert, Heinlein and Lovecraft, hates women but pretends to be a Heinleinesque feminist. Robert actually likes women, Martin doesn’t.

Wish I had mathematical ability so I could be an engineer like my uncles and cousins and stick to popular mechanics.

Shit, thread hijacking.
Bluntforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #14
Stoned_Oli
King of S'marm

Tunnel In The Sky is a great book, too.
Stoned_Oli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #15
slug

Bluntforce...I read Dune and Stranger

back in the early '70's, I can just barely

remember anything about them but the