Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Gunsmithing
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
4thIDvet
slug

Default Pogo I am getting rid of my series 80 safety on my Kimber 9mm like you did.

Just got off the phone with Brownell's to order the part and the tech told me it was Kommifornia wanted it on the 1911s to positively pass the drop tests.
I read where Browning did not even want the grip safety but the military did so on it went. This little Kimber jammed to all hell and the slide would NOT come back.
I had to fire the round in the chamber to get the damn series 80 safety unstuck.
Series 80 yup great idea. Adds nothing to the safety mech., jams and makes the trigger frigging gritty. Thank you Kommifornia.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod13121.aspx
Old 08-08-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

They are a little tricky to install. But if you pay attention to the instructions it's easy enough.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:44 PM   #3
THE DUDE

i took that cocksucker out of my sig 1911 once, never again.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

O.K. just took my little Kimber Micro 9 apart and no go. Damn they don't even have that filler plate to put in their it appears? I guess they have a whole different setup for the 80 series safety? Unless I am seeing it wrong?
That is the one I really wanted to take out as it frigging jammed up solid.
I will do the Colt New Agent Special Agent whatever the hell it is? I already put a custom trigger in the Colt but it is still gritty with that frigging 80 safety.
Damn them Komifornia homos.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:50 AM   #5
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Measure the thickness of the Series 80 part and buy a replacement frame filler here: https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...prod13121.aspx

My Colt trigger wasn't all that great. So I bought a "Cylinder & Slide" brand replacement sear, disconnector, trigger, and spring kit. https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...-prod5502.aspx

The one I selected is the 206-000-019WB Professional Trigger Kit Mfr Part: CS324.

The only hand fitting required is the thumb safety after you install the new sear, disconnector, and trigger.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
9teen11
PERMANENTLY BANNED
Asteroids Champion

The pre series 80 1911 platform is a gift from the Almighty.
9teen11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:32 AM   #7
4thIDvet
slug

Unhappy

Off to the gunsmith with the Kimber Micro 9. Lessons learned do NOT take a Kimber apart their like a frigging jigsaw puzzle in their.
Got all put back together but can NOT find a damn schematic showing me the proper insertion of the damn sear. Parts diagrams yes but no cutaway for the Kimber micro.
I give up I called Dan at Fla. Exchange down here and he said he would have it up and running in under 5 minutes. You go Dan the man.

ADD: Oh Pogo their is no shim on the Micro it appears to be no way to remove it without complicating its function?
Old 09-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #8
Legion489
Dud

Not only did John Browning not want a grip safety (military demanded it), he tried the external extractor (MUCH cheaper then internal one, why it is pushed so hard now) and found it was far inferior for military use than the internal extractor.
Legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

Thumbs up Florida Gun Exchange the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion489 View Post
Not only did John Browning not want a grip safety (military demanded it), he tried the external extractor (MUCH cheaper then internal one, why it is pushed so hard now) and found it was far inferior for military use than the internal extractor.
Well geez what the hay did John Browning know why should the military listen to him?

O.K Kimber has some other series 80 type safety different than the standard series 80 1911s?? So I tried to break it down to bypass it? Whoops mistake on my part.
In steps Ben Kenney "Gunsmith" from the Florida Gun Exchange here in Ormond Bch Fla. to the rescue.
Weeks with me trying? 12 minutes with Ben and back together and working fine God Bless Him.
"How much does I owe yah Ben."
"Oh your a Vet NADA nothing."
Ben got a nice tip and I ain't done.

http://floridagunexchange.com/
Old 09-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #10
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

You could have watched some YouTube videos on how to do it.
Pogo is online now   Reply With Quote