Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 04-23-2019, 06:53 PM   #1
Diesel 88888888
slug

Spinz Dismissed! Traffic Cam Violation

First time in 30 years or so that I've gotten a ticket of any kind for anything...these traffic cam tickets are on a par with parking tickets as far as the Insurance Co., is concerned.

Went to court on it today, dismissed for cause on my motion to dismiss for their failure to provide discovery in a timely manner.

Next!

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:10 PM   #2
Sanders

When I went to court for one, they basically said, "F-you, pay us your money. It's a civil fine, not a criminal charge."

I reckon I was too un-prepared. Should have thought of the discovery angle.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #3
Diesel 88888888
slug

Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
When I went to court for one, they basically said, "F-you, pay us your money. It's a civil fine, not a criminal charge."

I reckon I was too un-prepared. Should have thought of the discovery angle.
They always fuck up discovery; in Washington State it is illegal for them to show the driver so you can also challenge that...only slightly more complicated but still easy.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #4
thefundamentalist

We had red light cameras and speeding vans for about 8 years before voting to ban them. City made it virtually impossible to beat the rap. They were told that the cameras didn't even have power to them until the light turned red, so, absolutely no chance of ticketing a driver on green or yellow. Until it came out the cameras were on all the time.

City council said they didn't like being lied to....but voted to keep them anyway. got used to that easy money.Lovely creatures these liberal Democrats. If it involves stealing money they're all over it!

Never got nabbed in all that time. i employed countermeasures - they must have worked!
thefundamentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 PM   #5
Merc
Expendable

The summons is against the car , like a parking summons in NYS.
The driver cannot be verified accurately.

I saw a case in Virginia where a man defeated a red light cam
summons on the ground it was a violation of his 6th Amendment.
He argued he could not confront and question the witness against
him since the witness was a camera
The judge dismissed the summons. ( ticket )

MERC

Know your enemy, know his sword -
Miyamoto Musashi
The Book of Five Rings

Blessed be the Lord , my strength,
which teacheth my hands to war,
and my fingers to fight.
My goodness, and my fortress;
my high tower, and my deliverer;
my shield, and he in whom I trust;
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #6
Diesel 88888888
slug

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post

MERC
They will dismiss any legitimate challenge for cause; when I was in court one man said he wasn't the driver...dismissed...most of the folks there had their $125 reduced to $80 and went away happy as pigs in shit!
Old 04-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
JD Miller
Fake Member

Did you flip the bird at the camera?
Old 04-23-2019, 09:44 PM   #8
Diesel 88888888
slug

Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Miller View Post
Did you flip the bird at the camera?
Nah, I don't do things like that...and besides, they can't use the camera photograph...plus, my windows are tinted which fucks up such things as cameras and nosey nobodies!
Old 04-24-2019, 03:57 AM   #9
4thIDvet
slug

They tried those things down here in Fla. They got shot so full of bullet holes they took them down for the safety of the public.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:01 AM   #10
4thIDvet
slug

A motion for discovery is a motion made to the court by the party of a criminal proceeding or civil lawsuit to obtain information or evidence regarding the case, Free Advice explains. ... A motion of discovery provides the defendant with notes made by a police officer during or shortly after issuing a traffic citation.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-discovery-motion

Hey Diesel if I get arrested I am flying you down here to represent me in court.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:27 AM   #11
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post

MERC
Actually, that's the best defense. You have the right to face your accuser in court.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:38 AM   #12
500grains
Soldier of Allah

I was charged (charged, not a civil fine) for a parking violation allegedly committed by my son on forest service land. He was accused of blocking a gate but did not do so. He was parked on the shoulder well back from the gate but another dork blocked the gate. The cop called me at home to ask about my car blocking the gate. It was October. I asked if anyone was on the other side of the gate. The cop said No, the campground behind the gate would not have guests again until Memorial Day weekend. wtf.

I went to court without my son. I told the prosecutor that she could not charge me for my son parking, and he was innocent anyway. Then I told her my sister had shot herself in the haid (irrelevant but I threw it in). The prosecutor said that was an adequate excuse and dismissed the charge.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #13
4thIDvet
slug

Not the proper attire to wear to court. The judge did not laugh.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #14
Diesel 88888888
slug

Spinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
A motion for discovery is a motion made to the court by the party of a criminal proceeding or civil lawsuit to obtain information or evidence regarding the case, Free Advice explains. ... A motion of discovery provides the defendant with notes made by a police officer during or shortly after issuing a traffic citation.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-discovery-motion

Hey Diesel if I get arrested I am flying you down here to represent me in court.
I'd b honored n alls dat shise & stuff...but the trip would probably finish me off before I got there. I have filed hundreds of Title 42 U.S.C. 1983 (Bivens Actions) for prisoners who were getting fucked around...most were dismissed but like I've said many times: "you don't have to win in order to get what you want." I sued the State of Idaho under the Civil RICO statutes and the mamonites running ISCI finally threw me out to stop all my legal mischief in their law library; the asbestos suit was absolutely precious, talk about a case of the 'running shits' n all!"
Old 04-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #15
thefundamentalist

The judges, camera companies, and police departments had the system sewn up so tight nobody could win. People were losing their drivers licenses, getting their cars towed, being pressured to out relatives, process servers would lie about delivering summonses and judges would take their word for it, it was a damn crime syndicate.

It's when I got into guns. If the scumbags were going to be this devious in getting money they'd be unstoppable once things got really bad.
thefundamentalist is offline   Reply With Quote