Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #46
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
I don't think you are correct here. How can a 40 be loaded hotter than a 10 if the case is so much smaller?
I'm not going to name the powder to blow up a handgun.
BELIEVE me, you can load a 10 hotter than ANY 10mm pistol can handle.
Please do NOT experiment with those fast burning powders to try and prove me wrong.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #47
xWalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
I'm not going to name the powder to blow up a handgun.
BELIEVE me, you can load a 10 hotter than ANY 10mm pistol can handle.
Please do NOT experiment with those fast burning powders to try and prove me wrong.
10B, I know that 10mm could be blown up with powders such as BI just as could the .40S&W. What I thought the post had said was that the .40S&W could be loaded hotter than a 10mm. It would seem that the 10mm with the larger capacity could always be faster than a .40 with any given bullet weight up to the point that each would cause pistol failure. To be a fair test it would have to use the same type of pistol. You know lots more than I on these things so what is answer?
xWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #48
10 Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
10B, I know that 10mm could be blown up with powders such as BI just as could the .40S&W. What I thought the post had said was that the .40S&W could be loaded hotter than a 10mm. It would seem that the 10mm with the larger capacity could always be faster than a .40 with any given bullet weight up to the point that each would cause pistol failure. To be a fair test it would have to use the same type of pistol. You know lots more than I on these things so what is answer?
The question is kinda going in circles.
But, if you used the same powder in each of them, and the powder was for that particular bullet, then the issue WOULD be as you mentioned.
BUT, if you wanted to load the .40 S&W hotter than a 10mm, then you could do so with a hotter powder.

Just sayin'.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #49
xWalt

Sounds like everyone is sorta right. Yes, the .40 COULD be loaded hotter but not safely and the 10mm COULD be loaded hotter still but not real safe either. Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway as long as no one really tries it.
xWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #50
Gus

I can honestly say I have never fired a Glock of any caliber.

The closest I came was the second week a new indoor pistol range was open I went in to do a little shooting and noticed a bullet had struck the floor right in front of the cash register.

Yep it was a Glock and as usual the handler thought it was unloaded.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #51
AKWARRIOR
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
mmmm.....I like it.

I like that better then the Glock to.Shame there isn't many choices out there in this caliber.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"-Patrick Henry
AKWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #52
10 Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
I can honestly say I have never fired a Glock of any caliber.

The closest I came was the second week a new indoor pistol range was open I went in to do a little shooting and noticed a bullet had struck the floor right in front of the cash register.

Yep it was a Glock and as usual the handler thought it was unloaded.
Only one I've fired was a 17 (I think) about 15 or so years ago.
Old friend, just a few years younger than I, brought it over new.
Gave me the honor of taking the cherry off it.
I fired a couple, then he took his shots.
50 yards, he hit the 12" bull, twice.
"That thing could be dangerous!" he said, with a big smile.

I just dont like their looks.
Clunky, boxy and "plastic" just doesn't appeal to me.

JMHO, not detracting from those to whom they have appeal.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #53
Rew

I don't really care for handguns with plastic frames. I do own one, Kel-tec P-11. It gets carried once in a while. But the Ruger P-89 gets carried more, if I expect trouble or go hunting the Witness 10mm. The Ruger has an alloy frame but at least it's metal and it only a 9mm.
Rew is offline   Reply With Quote