Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Camping, Backpacking, Outdoor Survival Skills
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Exitwound
Red Blooded American

Smile Golf!

Any golfers here? The weather here is getting pretty nasty, but I think that in the spring I'm going to get back into golf.

It's always been a very relaxing thing for me. Something I could always do by myself, just enjoying the peace and quiet. I grew up down in Florida, and I haven't been golfing since I moved away from that state over 5 years ago. I got to play some nice courses with my grandfather before he died. Good memories.

Plus it's always nice if you are having an off day to unzip a pocket in your golf bag, and pull out a flask.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
Gus

I used to play a lot of golf but have not played in several years ... have many good memories while playing golf an the 19th water hole afterwords with buddies.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Golf balls at 100 yards are great fun with my Bushmaster rifle.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Golf balls, out of a black powder cannon, are are far shooters!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
Dean

Yes! I had a home on a golf course! Haven't swung since I exploded my left foot in '01, (long story), and my sticks are in storage in FL, (long story #2).

The foot is going to be interesting as the ankle doesn't move in as many axiis as it used to. I really want my sticks back as they're $600 worth of components from Golfsmith and will always be better than I am. I usually hover around high 80's - low 90's. I miss the game sorely, but NV doesn't have a very long playing season...well, not the high desert anyway.

Dean
Old 11-10-2008, 10:36 PM   #6
OneShot729
Breakout Champion

I try and get at least one round a week during the summer...two if I can. The first couple rounds I play, once the courses open, are usually pretty shitty. I started with a 3-8 set by Wilson and just recently advanced to a set of Adams' A2OS hybrids. I still haven't gotten fully used to those. After I get out a couple times and get back in the groove, I shoot around the high 80's.
OneShot729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #7
Exitwound
Red Blooded American

Man it would be great to find a Bunker member who lived around these parts who liked to Golf. That would be a hoot.
Exitwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #8
flopshot
Constitutional bigot

haven't played in a while. sorta lost intrest. even the weekly afternoon nine hole league was becoming a chore. match play aspect was fun but the weekly commitment became a bitch. with over 40 courses in this county alone it was never hard to get a tee time. my boss keeps telling me we're going to play #2 one of these days but neither of us seems to have the time. for now the Fat Shafts are collecting dust.
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote