Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
Merc
Expendable

Default The End Of The Hairbag Times

The Hairbag Times , the cutting edge of the NYPD
has come to an end .
The Hairbag Times , a spoof , like the Duffle Blog
or The Onion , written by 2 cops , who poked fun
at cops with self deprecating humor , and wrote
it anonymously, were suspended ( no pay , no benefits,
no shield , firearms removed ) by the bean counters
at 1 Police Plaza and rats at INTERNAL AFFAIRS , on Sunday.

The Hairbag Times was loved by cops .
Bosses were not immune to the humor of the authors ,
as can be seen by their spoof articles.

Even the name itself , is a cop slang .
A Hairbag is a burned out , disheveled, sloppy cop.

My nephew, ( on the Job ) and I often talk about
the latest article. Cops would message the Hairbag
asking them to please write about their unit.

The bean counters got sensitive.
The Island Of Misfit Toys ( Internal Affairs)
couldn't find them , but they couldn't find
a real bad guy in Central Booking.

I am sure they were ratted out .

There is no Freedom Of Speech on my Job

Their final blog
https://www.thehairbagtimes.com/blog...to-our-readers

Recent great stories that are typical
self deprecating humor
https://www.thehairbagtimes.com/blog...-this-one-time

https://www.thehairbagtimes.com/blog...ob-is-deadnbsp

Open season on Miranda Lambert and
her Midtown South husband
https://www.thehairbagtimes.com/blog...-to-massapequa

https://www.thehairbagtimes.com/blog...le-inspections

They are all there .
Read them all before the Job takes it down .

R.I.P. , Hairbag Times .
The cops loved you .
I loved you..

Blessings,
MERC

Know your enemy, know his sword -
Miyamoto Musashi
The Book of Five Rings

Blessed be the Lord , my strength,
which teacheth my hands to war,
and my fingers to fight.
My goodness, and my fortress;
my high tower, and my deliverer;
my shield, and he in whom I trust;
Merc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #2
ITSLUCKY

It was a relief to read the articles, it was a hilarious window into the workings of the PD.
in the first place an armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. That’s a personal evaluation only. But gunfighting has a strong biological use. We do not have enough things that kill off the weak and the stupid these days. But to stay alive as an armed citizen a man has to be either quick with his wits or with his hands, preferably both. It’s a good thing.

Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)
ITSLUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
Merc
Expendable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSLUCKY View Post
It was a relief to read the articles, it was a hilarious window into the workings of the PD.
There are civilians I know who love it but
often need me translate some of the "cop talk".

MERC
Old 06-25-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Spinz

“Besides, he’s part of the reason the AVL exists anyway. He was watching old wrestling VHS videos at his house on job time.

I bet that pissed old Sgt. McGrath off.
Someone got hit home to bad with the articles and said that's it? Life is so much more enjoyable when we begin to be able to laugh at ourselves.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
Merc
Expendable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
“Besides, he’s part of the reason the AVL exists anyway. He was watching old wrestling VHS videos at his house on job time.

I bet that pissed old Sgt. McGrath off.
Someone got hit home to bad with the articles and said that's it? Life is so much more enjoyable when we begin to be able to laugh at ourselves.
It is all great stuff.
The names are always fictional, but the characters
are as real as can be .
ITSLUCKY know that. ..

Two cops suspended in the 75 Pct ( East New York , Brooklyn )
A third was suspended, but I'm not sure what
command he was from.

I did 9 years of Anti-Crime .
They are brutal on Anti-Crime Units and I probably laugh
harder than anyone about it.

Side note , cop talk :
AVL - Automatic Vehicle Locator.

MERC
Old 06-25-2019, 12:57 PM   #6
Sanders

When we can no longer laugh at ourselves, it is time for the Sweet Meteor of Death to do its thing.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #7
Diesel 88888888
slug

Spinz

Back around 1968 the prisoners at San Quentin Prison were 'inspired' to start an 'underground' news paper called "The Outlaw" which was printed and distributed with great difficulty but it stood the warden and his staff on their heads with public revelations of bad conditions and official misconduct; Herb Cain of the SF Chronical always got one of the first copies which he reprinted...mostly because he didn't care much for the prison's staff. In truth, only four copies could be made on the mimeograph stencils which were all that we had but everyone read the SF Chronicle and of course "The Berkley Barb" got a copy which guaranteed distribution to the entire prison population. The warden promised that anyone caught with a copy would be sent to Folsom Prison for a year...and he, Big Red, made the threat stick. After about a year 19 people were rounded up and sent to Folsom Prison as the threat intended...none talked, none were ever proven to be involved; however, the very next day after the big roundup the largest edition, printed outside of San Quentin Prison and sentinel's inside rolled up news papers by a friendly staff member, hit the big yard...over 2c copies...and the headline read: "Ha, Ha, Ha...So You Thought You Caught Me" and interestingly enough, "Big Red" who'd motto was firm but fair, saw to it that everyone he had sent to Folsom Prison were released within the following year. They took my cell partner of the time, Douglas Paul Gratton, but left me...believe me when I tell you that the traditions we started continue there even today; the beginnings of the AB's, Shot Callers to stop interracial violence, and much more...the whole thing was started on stories of the "Minutemen" operating an underground news paper...O'h, did I mention that we had fun...hell, HA's, Sonny Barger and Marvin Gilbert were there with us when we were doing all this and by infiltrating the prison staff we were able to deliver a 'first' copy of "The Outlaw" to the warden't desk at the same time it hit the presses and was circulated on the yard.

Much good comes from such activities and it's not something that establishment tyrants take well...definately can be dangerous. I never saw a copy of your news paper MERC but clearly it will be missed but never forgotten.

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
Merc
Expendable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
When we can no longer laugh at ourselves, it is time for the Sweet Meteor of Death to do its thing.

MERC
Old 06-25-2019, 03:06 PM   #9
Merc
Expendable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel 88888888 View Post
Back around 1968 the prisoners at San Quentin Prison were 'inspired' to start an 'underground' news paper called "The Outlaw" which was printed and distributed with great difficulty but it stood the warden and his staff on their heads with public revelations of bad conditions and official misconduct; Herb Cain of the SF Chronical always got one of the first copies which he reprinted...mostly because he didn't care much for the prison's staff. In truth, only four copies could be made on the mimeograph stencils which were all that we had but everyone read the SF Chronicle and of course "The Berkley Barb" got a copy which guaranteed distribution to the entire prison population. The warden promised that anyone caught with a copy would be sent to Folsom Prison for a year...and he, Big Red, made the threat stick. After about a year 19 people were rounded up and sent to Folsom Prison as the threat intended...none talked, none were ever proven to be involved; however, the very next day after the big roundup the largest edition, printed outside of San Quentin Prison and sentinel's inside rolled up news papers by a friendly staff member, hit the big yard...over 2c copies...and the headline read: "Ha, Ha, Ha...So You Thought You Caught Me" and interestingly enough, "Big Red" who'd motto was firm but fair, saw to it that everyone he had sent to Folsom Prison were released within the following year. They took my cell partner of the time, Douglas Paul Gratton, but left me...believe me when I tell you that the traditions we started continue there even today; the beginnings of the AB's, Shot Callers to stop interracial violence, and much more...the whole thing was started on stories of the "Minutemen" operating an underground news paper...O'h, did I mention that we had fun...hell, HA's, Sonny Barger and Marvin Gilbert were there with us when we were doing all this and by infiltrating the prison staff we were able to deliver a 'first' copy of "The Outlaw" to the warden't desk at the same time it hit the presses and was circulated on the yard.

Much good comes from such activities and it's not something that establishment tyrants take well...definately can be dangerous. I never saw a copy of your news paper MERC but clearly it will be missed but never forgotten.
Like The Outlaw , the original copied newsletter was
called The Voice Of Patrol.
It came from Midtown South.
It was funny , but also named names of who wrote
summonses during slow downs , who was a rat ,
who kissed the bosses asses , etc.

Bosses were infuriated at that one.
I knew who wrote it.
He wasn't the cop you would have expected to write it.
I believe , more than likely, he wrote the Anonymous book
called NYPD True.
If I said who it was , ITSLUCKY would know him.
He bad about 10 years more on the Job than I did.

It had a chapter called , "Summonses " ( what you call tickets )
He went through every unit on the Job and wrote what the
quotas ( supposedly doesn't exist ) for every unit.

Another called , "Real Cops And Paid City Employees.

He ripped Internal Affairs.
IAB and the bean counters wanted him bad.
He gave away clues in the book.
He retired a Lieutenant.
As a cop , he said his locker room was in
basement .
Midtown South had a 4th Floor locker room and
a basement locker room , where I got changed.
The only other basement locker room was in the 6th Pct.

I have been asked many times in the past if I wrote this book.

MERC
Old 06-25-2019, 03:32 PM   #10
Diesel 88888888
slug

Mexican

Gotta love it;
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote