Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Rifles
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 03-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
Gus

Default Just finished my 2nd Yugo M70

Have it all assembled and made a few tweaks on the action to smooth things out. Plan on taking it to the range Wednesday and see what it will do? The barrel on this Yugo looks a little suspect from the gas port out … had some rough cleaning with the steel rod is my guess? May switch out the barrel with the underfolder if it’s not up to par as this is the AK I’m planning on using the most.

Has anyone heard anything on good barrel replacements for Yugo’s?

Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
magnus392
Thick Skulled Southerner

LOoks nice, I like the dark stain. As far as barrels go....for authenticity you either had to have lucked out, or pay for a nice one
Old 03-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
Gus

Yes I lucked out on the Yugo M70 underfolder I bought from J&G sales in Prescott Az the barrel looks close to excellent all the way from chamber to muzzle and it shoots very good IMO. Like I mentioned if need be I’ll switch the barrels so I can use the conventional stock that I prefer. I seen Yugo M70 barrels for sale at Florida Gun works for about $100.00 does anyone know anything about the quality of these? I would think $100.00 is pretty pricey for a junk barrel?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #4
magnus392
Thick Skulled Southerner

FGW has a horrible reputation. I personally would not buy from them, unless it was via credit card and you didn't mind being willing to wait for product, and if it doesn't show in a timely fashion fighting for it.
magnus392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
partssman
Redneck Moderator

nice work dude...like said before I like the dark wood...real nice

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."
- Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch
partssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:59 AM   #6
Gus

Update … after I shot the conventional stock Yugo M70 the material that was in the barrel from the gas port to the muzzle came out … go figure?
It must have been loose but not loose enough for bore brushing to remove and believe me I bore brushed the hell out of that barrel. I had read on another gun forum that this is common with Yugo’s and that if they pass the bullet in the muzzle test you’ll probably have a decent barrel. I would now call the barrels of both my Yugo’s very good condition and they shoot very good, decent groupings at 100 yards.

Last edited by Gus; 03-31-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:08 AM   #7
trap32
Keeper of the flame

very pretty...
trap32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:28 AM   #8
Moon
IncogNegro
Gyroball Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Bin Laden Liquors Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Ms Pacman Champion

Me likey !
Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:39 PM   #9
SalBO
Gun Refinishing Monkey

great news........
SalBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:44 PM   #10
NCshooter26

looking good
NCshooter26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #11
GlennAK

Awesome looking Yugo!
GlennAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #12
Wolverine

That is one fine M70! I like the darker wood opposed to the lighter that the Century builds have.
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #13
Gus

Thanks guys … It’s nothing fancy ... I bought it from the Ammunitionstore $79.95 plus $20.00 for hand pick. Built it on a Cold Steel receiver. It had no carving on the wood and most of the dents came out with steam. The barrel is in very good condition and it shoots very good. I sure like it. cheers:
Old 04-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #14
Winn R

Gus I've found as well that once they're shot some the groups settle in nicely.

There is however another posibility with the Yugos since they're not chrome lined.

A 1/2" drill through them and a liner, and rechambered, gives a brand new barrel for $100.

I believe in one thing only, the power of human will.
Joseph Stalin
Winn R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:29 AM   #15
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winn R
Gus I've found as well that once they're shot some the groups settle in nicely.

There is however another posibility with the Yugos since they're not chrome lined.

A 1/2" drill through them and a liner, and rechambered, gives a brand new barrel for $100.

Winn do you have more information on the linner ... I'm very interested in it?

I may be helping my brother build one and if the barrel is bad I want repair options.

Thanks