Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > General Discussion Forum
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 06-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Default Hotter Than Hades Today

My gawd...it feels like tropical heat & humidity here in sunny NE Illinois today. Actual temp is hovering around 100 degrees: with the 85% humidity or so the heat index is up around 115 according to the weather geeks on TV. I normally like warm to very warm weather but with all the damn moisture in the air it's like going into a steam room at the gym when I walk outside from the AC.

This AM I was listening to our local weather talking head saying part of the high humidity was due to the extensive corn crops in our part of the midwest. Apparently corn plants soak up a LOT of rainfall when it comes down, and we've had record-breaking rains over the last couple of months. Combine that with intense heat like we're getting this week, and you have the corn plants releasing huge volumes of water vapor into the atmosphere due to heat stress.

I have never heard of this corn / humidity correlation before. Dunno if it's just some made-up BS for the masses or if there's real science behind it. I might have to blow in a call to Big Al Gore, and have him give me the skinny on it all.
MrKalashnikov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
c0dy33

We got a break today. It's been raining but it's been hot as shit lately.

I keep looking at the temps where my uncle lives in Glomfjord, Norway... lucky son of a bitch.
c0dy33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #3
Carne Frio

Fairbanks, currently 61.
High will be 70 with a low at 55.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #4
Konstantin

Nice here finally. 78 degrees, overcast, and a nice breeze. Been high 90s low 100s past couple of days. Central New Mexico
Konstantin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:41 PM   #5
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

I just came in from watering my garden boxes and new shrub plantings. I cannot remember being this hot since moving here in the early 1980's. It's reached the low 100's before but not with this crazy kind of humidity...must be what southern Mississippi or Louisiana is like in summer. Dang.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:58 PM   #6
ColonelKorn
High Priest of Honkydom

I was building and painting doors to go on my garage.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:51 PM   #7
Diesel 88888888
slug

Dog

64 degrees in Seattle, with a light rain sprinkle...gad, I do love this weather.

Duty is Action; Fight Or Die! Fight Or I'll Kill You Myself!
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:08 PM   #8
cerberus
Dud

FORCRYINGOUTLOUD.
You sound like a commercial for OWLdicklickerGOAR.
Hush up and have a lemonade.
You're just getting old.
cerberus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
My gawd...it feels like tropical heat & humidity here in sunny NE Illinois today. Actual temp is hovering around 100 degrees: with the 85% humidity or so the heat index is up around 115 according to the weather geeks on TV. I normally like warm to very warm weather but with all the damn moisture in the air it's like going into a steam room at the gym when I walk outside from the AC.

This AM I was listening to our local weather talking head saying part of the high humidity was due to the extensive corn crops in our part of the midwest. Apparently corn plants soak up a LOT of rainfall when it comes down, and we've had record-breaking rains over the last couple of months. Combine that with intense heat like we're getting this week, and you have the corn plants releasing huge volumes of water vapor into the atmosphere due to heat stress.

I have never heard of this corn / humidity correlation before. Dunno if it's just some made-up BS for the masses or if there's real science behind it. I might have to blow in a call to Big Al Gore, and have him give me the skinny on it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKalashnikov View Post
I just came in from watering my garden boxes and new shrub plantings. I cannot remember being this hot since moving here in the early 1980's. It's reached the low 100's before but not with this crazy kind of humidity...must be what southern Mississippi or Louisiana is like in summer. Dang.
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #9
slug

Hot and Humid here

96*
44044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #10
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
You're just getting old.
cerberus
I suspect this is part of the problem. I used to love hot weather all my life until the last couple of years. Still, this damn HUMIDITY is unusual for my AO...OwlGore or not.

And I've been drinking big glasses of ice water with squeezed lemon all day.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #11
GBob01
Coonass Crusader

For all of you complaining about a little warm weather...

Welcome to my world; everyday, all summer long, year after year

III DEO VINDICE
GBob01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #12
Diesel 88888888
slug

Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBob01 View Post

I love the people of the South, really I do...but I can't stand their weather for all the reason you state and more; it's 57 degrees here in Seattle as I write this, might get to 65 by noon and my tomatoes are doing just fine.

At the end of the F&I war my ancestors were 'disarmed' and then rounded up and brought to LA...before it was a state...on the British Slope Endeavor according to the historical passenger list showing their arrival. An old story continues even today about how the lobster migrated down with them and the further South it got the smaller...the Spanish gave us a gun and piece of land and four years later we deposed the Spanish governor in favor of France...only to be sold with the land in the LA Purchase deal...some of us have managed to escape the place and get back to the cooler north country...and guess what; there be mud bugs here too.
Diesel 88888888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #13
Angry White Trash
slug

We had that shit on thursday! Good God! It felt like Bangkok.
Angry White Trash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #14
MrKalashnikov
Deplorable

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBob01 View Post

I suppose if you live in it long enough you eventually get used to it...hot weather or cold.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #15
c0dy33

I've lived down here almost my entire life and I never got used to it. I lived a couple years in Illinois and got used to that. Heat is just miserable.
c0dy33 is online now   Reply With Quote