Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade Register

Old 12-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #16
Sanders

I ordered this holster for it - with 11 5-star reviews on Midway, I figured it must be a good one. I also ordered some speed loaders and will get a couple carriers for them, as well.

I love my 1911, but this will get carried in the winter - when I can wear a coat over it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/237...lined-leather#

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #17
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

If you are a reloader, reduce the charge to a hot .44 Special load.
Full house loads,in that short barrel, will give you a lot of flip.

Used to have twin revolvers with 5" barrels, in the .44 Mag. No fun to shoot.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #18
Sanders

I haven't purchased .44 Mag ammo in probably 15 years - except for a couple boxes of CCI Blazer I got a good deal on over 7 years ago. With .44 Mag ammo at $65/50, I believe it will be a very long time before I buy any factory loads in this caliber ever again.

I run a mid-range load with 240 gr. cast SWC in my 5.5" Super Blackhawk that I can shoot all day long and still be able to hold a fork at dinnertime, but will still reach out and punch a paper plate at 200 yards.

I have some 180 gr. Hornady XTP's that I believe will be perfect for this one.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #19
bounce
Senile Member

my stainless-unflutted cylinder snubbie 29 2 was 950$

sweet deal. I'm betting the picture doesn't do the bluing justice
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:35 PM   #20
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
my stainless-unflutted cylinder snubbie 29 2 was 950$

sweet deal. I'm betting the picture doesn't do the bluing justice
Yeah, I took 4 pictures of it and that's the best one I could get with my phone.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #21
baboon
slug

I might have a speed loader from my 629 that I sold you want it if I can find it?
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #22
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
I might have a speed loader from my 629 that I sold you want it if I can find it?
Sure! The more speed loads, the better - when you only have six rounds, every one counts.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #23
buzgun
slug

gun

29's are accurate as hell.........i have popped beer bottles at 50 yards offhand.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:41 AM   #24
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Sure! The more speed loads, the better - when you only have six rounds, every one counts.
Let me look for it!
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #25
Stalky

Eight hundred and up around here. I had one of the Lew Horton three inches in the 80's.1 of 5thousand maybe?
Stalky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #26
Sanders

I ran 120 rounds of my "plinking" reloads through it this morning.

Bounced several cans, poked some holes in paper, and chewed up a piece of plywood and an old skateboard.

One batch was slightly hotter than the other, and the 4" bbl. lets you know it, too. Nonetheless, it was still a delight to shoot. Even shooting double-action, it was accurate. I figured I'd get a flinch with the double action, but I was able to hold it stead and hit my targets.

Got home just as the first few flakes of the blizzard started falling.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:24 PM   #27
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I ran 120 rounds of my "plinking" reloads through it this morning.

Bounced several cans, poked some holes in paper, and chewed up a piece of plywood and an old skateboard.

One batch was slightly hotter than the other, and the 4" bbl. lets you know it, too. Nonetheless, it was still a delight to shoot. Even shooting double-action, it was accurate. I figured I'd get a flinch with the double action, but I was able to hold it stead and hit my targets.

Got home just as the first few flakes of the blizzard started falling.
Good to know that it didn't suffer from indigestion!
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:47 PM   #28
Havoc308
Cat Batting Champion

I have a 29-3 from the 1980's that I don't think I will ever part with. Probably will send it off to have the nickel finish redone at some point though.
Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think, and act for myself--and then I will obey every law or submit to the penalty." - Chief Joseph
Alle Kunst ist umsunst Wenn ein Engel auf das Zundloch brunzet (All skill is in vain if an angel pisses down the touch-hole of your musket.)
quod futue te ipsum est quid
Havoc308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #29
Sanders

I dropped into the store where I bought the pistol. The guy who had taken the gun in on trade happened to be in there and was able to give me a little history as to the previous owner.

Besides the previous owner having been someone well known as a local collector and shooter, he also told me the pistol had a professional trigger job done by one of the old local gunsmiths. I kind of figured it had been worked on, as smooth and clean breaking as it is. The previous owner swapped it for a 2" bbl 629.

They had some Herret stocks I got excited to see, but turned out they were for a K frame revolver.