Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Mess Hall
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Mess Hall Talk about food. Recipes, grilling, dehydrating, smoking, and BBQs.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #1
RTO

Default Oregon Salmon Patties Recipe

Salmon patties are on my list of favorite foods since childhood. I found a recipe that I (and Kay) like and have been using for years.

Here it is:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...almon-patties/

The video on the recipe page seems to be a variation, I ignore it.

I use the recipe just as it is written except I do not use the reserved liquid as it makes the mixture too mushy, the eggs are enough liquid. I use the canned Double "Q" brand salmon but any will work. Maybe one day I'll try fresh salmon.

I also add a quarter to a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes for a little heat. The recipe will make 6 medium or 4 large patties.

Make America Like Florida
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #2
aviator
unum de multis

I've done them before, it's the only way my daughter eats salmon. I love salmon.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #3
Railbuggy

I think that's how Mom use to make it. I did the same when my children were small. Today I'll eat Salmon straight out of the can or maybe mix in some Horseradish Sauce.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
Czubek
slug
Cat Bowling Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTO View Post
Salmon patties are on my list of favorite foods since childhood. I found a recipe that I (and Kay) like and have been using for years.

Here it is:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...almon-patties/

The video on the recipe page seems to be a variation, I ignore it.

I use the recipe just as it is written except I do not use the reserved liquid as it makes the mixture too mushy, the eggs are enough liquid. I use the canned Double "Q" brand salmon but any will work. Maybe one day I'll try fresh salmon.

I also add a quarter to a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes for a little heat. The recipe will make 6 medium or 4 large patties.
According to the FDA, the best way to cook salmon, or any fish for that matter, is to use lots of oil. The oil helps the fish slide out of that pan and into the trash can easier, so you can go get a cheeseburger.

Brian

Here at the Dirty Dozen's Bunker, we have no problems, only solutions.
Czubek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
aviator
unum de multis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post
According to the FDA, the best way to cook salmon, or any fish for that matter, is to use lots of oil. The oil helps the fish slide out of that pan and into the trash can easier, so you can go get a cheeseburger.

Brian
Nooooooo! Salmon is good for you. You sound like my daughter now.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #6
RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czubek View Post

Brian

I don't eat a lot of fish. I'll pass that on to Kay.
RTO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #7
twin50

I have not had salmon although I am waiting for the day. sorta
twin50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:08 PM   #8
cerberus
Dud

Fresh salmon, done right, rocks. It also makes you smart.
There was a physician in my AO, back during the elections, that had an add on the radio that said 'if anybody out there was thinking of voting for klinton, come to his office and he would put you on a fish-based omega-3 diet to help straighten out your miund.' Almost peed myself when I heard it.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #9
baboon
slug

What ever y'all do just remember that farmed raised salmon has less Omega 3 then canned wild Alakan salmon. Farmed raised salmon should really be avoided like tilapia.

I hate salmon unless it's been cure into lox. I'll tolerate heavily smoked salmon. My mom's salmon patties as a kid are one of the reasons I hate salmon. I tried making salmon patties a few times just for something different & they were as bad IMHO.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #10
aviator
unum de multis

"Wild Caught"
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote