Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Main > Handguns
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2017, 07:49 AM   #1
dinkydow

Default Colt Cobra—A New Factory Double-Action Colt

To do this job right, one has to keep secrets. And Colt dropped the biggest secret of 2017 on me, then told me to keep my yap shut—until now. Finally, the biggest news in new gun introductions is out. Colt is back in the double-action revolver business... If you haunt gunbroker.com, odds are you have seen the prices of Colt revolvers skyrocket. Anything with a snake name has been going for big money—sometimes ridiculous money. My friend Steve Fjestad from Blue Book of Gun Values recently wrote about this. While some of the lunacy has subsided, it is clear...

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...e-action-colt/
---------

I'll take one....with a 6" barrel.

"Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."
"Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed,strength, surprise and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy...any fighting technique is useless unless you totally commit to violence of action."

Burning huts in commy vills worldwide since 1968
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:13 AM   #2
4thIDvet
slug

Looks nice and I would buy if they went up a few notches in caliber. Make up for one like this I sold for $450. Damn I needed money that day for a construction project.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/98261297...nda-Ported.htm
Old 01-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
Sanders

I had an older one with an alloy frame. It was very light and fun to shoot. Accurate, too, with a 4" bbl and fixed sights.

The ex took it in the divorce.

I paid $150 for it back in 1990. Can't even look at one for that price, now.

It looks like with the new one, that the god-awful fiber optic front sight can be replaced easily.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Now I just read on one of the Colt forums where a member mentioned Colt stopping production on the snake series revolvers due to timing problems with the cylinders?
Guess according to him Colt was getting a lot back for repairs. True false hell I don't know but I know the prices went frigging nuts on them. Hell I would buy a Taurus or Rossi before I spent the money their asking nowadays.
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #5
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

And all this time I've been given the impression that wheel guns are sooo Old School.,

Well, I'm still 'old school' enough to appreciate a good revolver.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #6
CDawg
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Bears View Post
And all this time I've been given the impression that wheel guns are sooo Old School.,

Well, I'm still 'old school' enough to appreciate a good revolver.
Me too!

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passersby will think he is an officer.
CDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #7
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
I had an older one with an alloy frame. It was very light and fun to shoot. Accurate, too, with a 4" bbl and fixed sights.

The ex took it in the divorce.

I paid $150 for it back in 1990. Can't even look at one for that price, now.

It looks like with the new one, that the god-awful fiber optic front sight can be replaced easily.
I also had one with an alloy frame. I didn't like the way it shot so I traded it off. Wish I had kept it so I could sell it now.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #8
10 Bears
Ron North's Jewels Champion, Flash Poker Champion

Between 90-92 I sold well over 100 guns. At today's prices I could have probably bought a new home or so.
10 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #9
Sanders

It would be awesome if they would make it in .327 Federal Magnum.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:57 PM   #10
cerberus
Dud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydow View Post
. Anything with a snake name
I'll take one....with a 6" barrel.
PHOQUE the 'snakes'.
I'll take an OldSkewl Trooper, MkIII or IV, any and every barrel length.
cerberus
cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #11
Sanders

Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #12
Rick-a-Roo
Gaw' Blimey Limey
Rabbit Hunter Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Helicopter Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Snake Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Balloon Hunter Champion, AirFox Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Pepsi Pinball Champion

It lacks the class of the original.

Maybe the answer to a question that wasn't asked.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:21 AM   #13
Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-a-Roo View Post
It lacks the class of the original.

Maybe the answer to a question that wasn't asked.
I'll bet the question Colt gets asked a lot more often, is when are they going to start making Pythons? I doubt anyone ever asked them if they were going to start making Cobras again. If the re-born Cobra is any indication of what may happen, then I hope they just leave the Python alone.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:35 PM   #14
dinkydow

My BIL purchased a Cobra in .357 with a 4" barrel... must have been 1975 or so. He wanted it to have with him if he bailed out of his fighter. Apparently naval aviators are permitted to purchase and keep their own personal sidearms. He said he had his own safe to keep it in, in his shipboard quarters. We were shooting one day behind his house in Brimfield over by Wingfoot Lake... I fired it. Very smooth nice piece.
dinkydow is online now   Reply With Quote