Welcome to the site where the owners and members have had it with playing "nice" and being "inclusive" and "tolerant" of points of view that are destroying the fabric of what made this country great. The members here are sick and tired of politicians of all parties lying, deceiving, stealing, and pretending they are doing it all for the good of the country while selling out to special interests who have the set goal of destroying this country. We have had enough of career politicians who use their office only for personal gain, and who refuse to listen to the people who put them in office. The membership is no longer part of the silent majority who play nice and get along while getting screwed by anyone with a loud voice and an agenda. We will no longer allow anyone to piss down our back and tell us it's raining. And we like guns too.

Go Back   DIRTYDOZENSBUNKER, LLC > Outdoor Sports & Activities > Fishing, Boating, Canoeing, Kayaking
Photo Gallery DDB Store Arcade rel="nofollow">Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
Sanders

fish Going fishing

Watch out, Florida! I'm coming your way to visit my daughter and go fishing on Father's Day. Wife let me know she paid for a spot on a charter boat for me, her, our daughter and son-in-law.

http://www.aquaventurecharters.com/index.htm

I won't get to visit with you all out toward the east coast. This will just be a real quick trip. Plus, the wife wants to go spend a day in Naw'lins to see the pFrench Quarter. I'm just looking forward to the good eats down there.

"The truly dangerous man dresses inconspicuously and is soft- spoken. He walks away from most confrontations. The only time you learn that the truly dangerous man is mad at you is a split second before you die, for he never fights. He only kills. The truly dangerous man knows that fighting is what children do and killing is what men do." - Charley Reese 1986
Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #2
aviator
unum de multis

We'll catch you on the next one then.

Drive carefully and enjoy the best weather taxes can buy.

good fishing in the gulf.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
Pogo
Mystic Knight of the Sea
Typing Test Champion

If you have never went out in a charter boat before you might want to take some Dramamine before going out. They do a lot of bobbing and listing in that shallow Gulf water when the wind is high.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:31 AM   #4
4thIDvet
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders View Post
Watch out, Florida! I'm coming your way to visit my daughter and go fishing on Father's Day. Wife let me know she paid for a spot on a charter boat for me, her, our daughter and son-in-law.

http://www.aquaventurecharters.com/index.htm

I won't get to visit with you all out toward the east coast. This will just be a real quick trip. Plus, the wife wants to go spend a day in Naw'lins to see the pFrench Quarter. I'm just looking forward to the good eats down there.
Get some pictures of them their Florida fish for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
If you have never went out in a charter boat before you might want to take some Dramamine before going out. They do a lot of bobbing and listing in that shallow Gulf water when the wind is high.
You ain't kidding Pogo. 4 of us charted a boat years ago and went to the Gulf Stream fishing. 2 of us stayed up top fishing no problem in 6 foot rolling swells.
Other 2 down below with Pumpkin Head 6' 7" screaming he was so sick he would kill the captain if he did not take him in. Poor Pumpkin Head really blew lunch when I offered him half my egg salad sub.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #5
Sanders

First time I ever went deep sea fishing was out of Noyo Harbor, Ft. Bragg, California. The day started out fairly calm, but the Pacific got progressively rougher as the day went on. I chummed the water.

After that, when I was working offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, I'd pop Dramamine a 1/2 hour before getting on the crew boat. Just one would work for me, as I never got seasick, even during storms. The thing about seasickness, pretty much the only cure is land. I saw guys spend a week out there during a storm, green as green can be. It was too rough for a crew boat to come out, so they had to suffer.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #6
4thIDvet
slug

Another trick is stay on deck and focus on the horizon that settles your equilibrium. At night yah may have a problem though?
4thIDvet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #7
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

First time I went out in the gulf I took Dramamine pills. I remember that they left a very salty taste in my mouth while I was throwing them up. No good.
Next time I went I used a scopolamine patch and didn't have any problems.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #8
baboon
slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
First time I went out in the gulf I took Dramamine pills. I remember that they left a very salty taste in my mouth while I was throwing them up. No good.
Next time I went I used a scopolamine patch and didn't have any problems.
I threw up the dramamine 10 minutes after taking them. Never got sick on the party boat until I went inside to piss & everyone inside were projectile vomitting. Something about the smell of puke gets me retching everytime.

I do get sick everytime I go to NOLA & it aint from drinking. Just the dankness of the quarter messes with my allergies. Promethazine is a great anti motion, anti nausea Rx& it's also a powerful antihistime. Might be a good thoing to ask you doctor about for the upcoming trip.
baboon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #9
aviator
unum de multis

The wife and I took a cruise once while a cold front was moving through, seas were rough, instead of passing out drinks the crew was passing out barf bags and carrying a bucket picking them up. It was bad, sat down for lunch and had to hold on to the glasses and plates as they were sliding off the table. Not many people ate, that's for sure. There must be something wrong with my ears I'm not susceptible to it.
aviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:48 AM   #10
Sanders

Had a good time, and caught some red snappers and vermillion snappers. Also caught a lot of trigger fish, but they weren't in season, so we had to throw them back.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #11
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

Looks like some good snappers. When you filleted them I hope you saved the throats, too.
Eightball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #12
Sanders

I didn't know anything about saving the throats. Is that a delicacy like halibut cheeks?
Old 06-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #13
Eightball
Proud WECSOG graduate

I don't know about halibut cheeks but snappers have two large nuggets of delicious meat under their chins. Google 'red snapper throats'.
Eightball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #14
hangfire
Home on the range

I used to tell student pilots when they asked about airsickness to eat a before flight. Because they taste the same coming up as they wen't down.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #15
Sanders

None of us yakked, but there were a few others on board who spent the day being sick. One was a high-yallow who turned green.

My son-in-law had to do a lot of time in the spin-chair during flight school to toughen him up against air sickness. He is in helicopters now and says he hasn't had any problems since he started flying in them.